No need to payout cash when it was yours for free.

Just call up Sprint International Desk at 817-698-4199 Option 3 and request your unlock code. All they'll do is verify that you are a Sprint Account Holder with a registered Tour and you will get your unlock code at no charge.

(And no, this does not void any type of warranty.)

"How to enter Unlock Code"

1) OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS / SIM CARD
    2) type MEPD then MEP2 (no caps lock, just made it big so you know what to type.)
    3) enter your unlock code
    4) battery pull and that's all.
    Last edited by AlwaysLostSometimes; 07-24-09 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Included simple instructions...
    07-24-09 02:19 AM
    Nice to know... Thanks
    07-24-09 02:42 AM
    Nice to know... Thanks
    You're welcome. Glad I could help. After all, we are all here to give Free knowledge to others who don't know of/about something yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 02:46 AM
    You're welcome. Glad I could help. After all, we are all here to give Free knowledge to others who don't know of/about something yet.

Especially with sprint... Ha ha ha
    But on a serious note I will try first thing in the morning, hopefully everything will be fine because I'm going overseas next month.

Last edited by b1time; 07-24-09 at 02:59 AM.
    07-24-09 02:53 AM
    im doing that first thing....well once i get a working tour, hopefully i can then also install my phantom skinz
    07-24-09 02:53 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/un...r-code-275954/

07-24-09 03:06 AM
    i just called and i got mine!
    07-24-09 03:53 AM
    Sweet, got mine no problem!!!!!

Edit: Just put in an at&t sim and made a call out with no problem. Even had at&t's horrible call quality to it.

One thing I did forget to do was turn the radio off, but it worked anyways, Network says "inactive"
    Last edited by Nucleartx; 07-24-09 at 05:05 AM.
    07-24-09 04:56 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/un...r-code-275954/

That's with someone spamming the forums to get cash. But my theory is Why pay $90. or $60. (Whichever they want to charge) when you can get it for FREE!!! I'll spend that money on something else. Maybe apps, or skins when they become available. Or just keep that money in my pocket. Nothing is better than FREE!!! and after all Sprint knew we'd be asking for them. So they went and did us a favor and got them.

Good on you Sprint.
    Last edited by AlwaysLostSometimes; 07-24-09 at 06:48 AM.
    07-24-09 06:46 AM
    I have to agree...Dont pay for the unlock code since sprint is now giving them out for free. Save money and let sprint give it to you for free. I got my unlock code from Sprint last night.
    07-24-09 07:03 AM
    The policy of Sprint had always to have unlocked phones... and had clearly expected the Tour to be likewise..

This whole storm in a teacup was simply because Sprint needed to put new policies and procedures in place to support a *yuk* unlocked phone.

Hopefully Sprint's next world phone from BB will get back to normal and be unlocked.
    07-24-09 07:11 AM
    i just called and homegirl said i needed another carriers SIM card so she can proceed to unlock it. she stated RIM were not suppose to ship the phones locked but they indeed did ship 1500 phones that were locked and mine was one of them. so i may be missing something.. i never have used a SIM'ed phone before. i have been on sprint since 1998 and the bb curve 8530i was the first device i had that used a SIM.. so... is she correct in that i need another carriers SIM card first so they can unlock it? or could she have just unlocked it with no other carriers SIM?
    07-24-09 07:41 AM
    i just called and homegirl said i needed another carriers SIM card so she can proceed to unlock it. she stated RIM were not suppose to ship the phones locked but they indeed did ship 1500 phones that were locked and mine was one of them. so i may be missing something.. i never have used a SIM'ed phone before. i have been on sprint since 1998 and the bb curve 8530i was the first device i had that used a SIM.. so... is she correct in that i need another carriers SIM card first so they can unlock it? or could she have just unlocked it with no other carriers SIM?
    She's wrong. Call back and tell them you want your unlock code.
    07-24-09 07:44 AM
    Is there a way to know if my tour is one of the locked devices? I just picked it up last night at the local store and would think that it would be past those that were locked but want to make sure.
    07-24-09 08:28 AM
    I'm sure all are still locked including those that are shipping. If RIM just sent over unlock codes last night to Sprint I'm thinking the number is more than 1500. I just don't think that number is anyone near accurate. The woman was probably just blowing smoke.
    07-24-09 08:34 AM
    same crap, you need the other sim card to unlock the phone... what bs lol should i just keep calling?
    07-24-09 08:43 AM
    same crap, you need the other sim card to unlock the phone... what bs lol should i just keep calling?
    Try this one... Giving a story always works.

First be really polite, ask how they're doing then get to the transaction. (I know this might be hard since you've already called 2 or 3 times) Tell them you're leaving to London in 3 days for a business trip and you need to get everything done before you get there. That you would like the unlock code before you get into the country.

I know it sucks but you just keep getting the wrong representative. If she tells you that you'll have to call while you're out there, tell her how are you supposed to do that if you'll be on the phone that you'll be needing to enter the information into. She isn't making any sense. You'll probably get it after that. Always try and speak to a guy. (No offense women, but men always respond well to other men when it comes to technology.) Let me know what happens.
    07-24-09 08:49 AM
    Ok. Stupid question time. I've always heard the term "Unlocked phone" and one buddy upon inspecting my Tour said "OH HEY! You can unlock this!"

So, what's the advantage of having an unlocked phone? I honestly don't know.
    07-24-09 09:00 AM
    Ok. Stupid question time. I've always heard the term "Unlocked phone" and one buddy upon inspecting my Tour said "OH HEY! You can unlock this!"

So, what's the advantage of having an unlocked phone? I honestly don't know.
    To use a SIM Card from another Carrier in another country. Get a local number and use up there Prepaid services to call within that country. Instead of having to pay at least $1.29 a minute you'll just use there service and pay there rates. But if you have World Data Service (As I do), you'll have to switch SIM Cards back to use it.

Make sense?
    07-24-09 09:03 AM
    I got the same thing...you need to call using the other SIM card. But now he is planning on calling me back in 20 minutes after he has generated the unlock code. Once I got the code...does anyone know what I need to do with it?
    You can't call with the other SIM Card from your phone. That's the whole thing you're trying to do. lol...

Once you have the unlock code, enter it into your device and that's it.
    07-24-09 09:03 AM
    To use a SIM Card from another Carrier in another country. Get a local number and use up there Prepaid services to call within that country. Instead of having to pay at least $1.29 a minute you'll just use there service and pay there rates. But if you have World Data Service (As I do), you'll have to switch SIM Cards back to use it.

Make sense?
    Ah! Gotcha! Ok, I've yet to be out of the country so I haven't had a use for it yet. Thanks for the info!
    07-24-09 09:04 AM
    Sorry but i'm a noob when it comes to SIM cards...could you be more specific as to where to enter the code on the BB Tour?
    Sure. Go into

1) OPTIONS / ADVANCED OPTIONS / SIM CARD
    2) type MEPD then MEP2 (no caps lock, just made it big so you know what to type.)
    3) enter your unlock code
    4) battery pull and that's all.
    07-24-09 09:10 AM
    Actually, I'm on the phone with the rep now, and she said she will provide the unlock code, but I do need to insert a non sprint sim card into the phone which luckily I have since I switched from ATT and kept the sim card. I just said I'm leaving in a couple of weeks out of country.
    07-24-09 09:15 AM
    Thanks for the instructions...the Sprint rep was really nice and e-mailed me the code along with the instructions!
    I'm glad you got it working. Safe travels.
    07-24-09 09:20 AM
    Actually, I'm on the phone with the rep now, and she said she will provide the unlock code, but I do need to insert a non sprint sim card into the phone which luckily I have since I switched from ATT and kept the sim card. I just said I'm leaving in a couple of weeks out of country.
    Yes. If you don't switch the SIM Cards then Sprint continues to charge you there rates and people can call your number to reach you. However, if you do switch SIM Cards, then you can get a local number of that country and just use there prepaid services. She was right in what she said. Her wording was perfect and right on point.
    07-24-09 09:22 AM
272 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD