Since just before the billing switch from Alltel to Verizon in my area (which was July 11 in my area) i have been unable to receive text messages from AT&T customers and unable to send to/receive from Sprint customers.
    I have called customer service and had a trouble ticket issued which they said had been resolved, but nothing improved for my service. I called again today and they issued a 2nd ticket but suggested I have a friend with AT&T call and see if there is something on their end. He did. They said there isnt.
    The history of this storm 9530 is that it was activated on my Alltel account before the switch and everything worked as it should. Texts went both ways, data and phone. Last week I switched all my lines over to Verizon accounts and put the CDMA service edit screen settings back to Verizon. *228 activates and everything works EXCEPT I cant receive texts from AT&T or send/receive texts with Sprint.
    Any help here? I'm at my wits end.
    Thanks
    Jason
    07-23-09 07:52 PM
    Just noticed I put help in the title twice twice. wow.
    07-23-09 07:54 PM
    Spent most of the afternoon there Tuesday. But could go back in the morning I guess. Really hoping the brain trust here has a different solution tho
    07-23-09 08:23 PM
    bump for help
    07-27-09 10:17 AM
    bump for help
    Who knows??? Could be an issue with their service? Are they able to send/recieve from VZW? I would give Tech Support a call
    07-27-09 10:19 AM
    Yes, my wife and son both are able to send/receive with the same people I'm talking about. They are both on my Verizon account. Been on the phone with customer service numerous times in the past few weeks.
    07-27-09 10:22 AM
    No my man, Tech Support. Ask for them when you call say I need Tech Support now. 1800-922-0204.
    07-27-09 10:28 AM
    It was a known issue last week... but should be fixed by now. I was doing floor support for Alltel tech support last week and we came across that a LOT.
    We were filing tickets like non other
    07-27-09 10:55 AM
    I really appreciate your help! I've had the number for tech support since the 14th when I got confirmation of the first trouble ticket. I was on the phone with them again today and they submitted the second. The conversation with them on the 23rd didnt end in a trouble ticket like i was told. Its frustrating.
    What if I activated another BB on my line, would I be able to receive texts from AT&T then? Something's gotta give.
    07-27-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD