Both packages arrived, 1 a travel charger, the other drop in charger, both with free shipping........both packages appeared damaged by mail carrier.
    07-23-09 02:25 PM
    so then file a complaint with them. are the contents ok? its not like it was a berry, the items were not too fragile.
    07-23-09 02:28 PM
    Both products were shipped in those flat mailers with micro bubble wrap, upon opening, drop in packaging was crunched but appears undamaged the other appears all right. Had a problem installing power supply, the 4 pin tab was ever so slightly bend up ward in the dropin, had to slightly modify it so it would insert properly. I guess its great to be a IEEE. Make sure you check yours before forcing the power supply (ie magnfying glass)
    07-23-09 02:46 PM
    Glad to hear you were able to get it working. Does the Tour seat well? Sync well, all that good stuff?
    07-23-09 03:06 PM
    So far everything seems to work well and seat and connect and charge, but the way they made connector on the drop in side(where the power goes) seem to be cheap. If you compare it to the the phone connector (where the power goes) you can see the difference. tab vs depressed slide pins. I'm sure glad that it will stay put in its place without alot of pulling and plugging.
    07-23-09 03:16 PM
    Ok, thanks. I have an order in for the second "batch" that will ship in August.
    07-23-09 05:18 PM
    Just got the pod, and I can't seem to get it to sync. I have the cable plugged into the pod and it will charge, but will not sync. If I sit the thing in the pod, and plug the USB cable into the normal port, as expected, it syncs.

It says on the add that it can sync from the pod. What am I missing?
    08-04-09 03:52 PM
    The pod looks like it just has the contacts for charging the battery, not syncing via usb.
    08-04-09 03:55 PM
    Just got the pod, and I can't seem to get it to sync. I have the cable plugged into the pod and it will charge, but will not sync. If I sit the thing in the pod, and plug the USB cable into the normal port, as expected, it syncs.

It says on the add that it can sync from the pod. What am I missing?
    Why would you expect it to sync? The only contacts on the pod are the two charging contacts.
    08-04-09 03:58 PM
    From the crackberry add;

Combines with any travel or data cable charger to charge and/or sync with a BlackBerry Tour 9630
    I saw the two tabs. It is completely possible to do more with two tabs than to just charge. I questioned it myself originally, but saw it in the ad and ordered it.
    08-04-09 04:02 PM
    just for FYI, where did you purchase this pod? was ti the 11 dollar pod from amazon? accessoryone?
    08-04-09 04:07 PM
    From the website;
    RIM OEM BlackBerry Charging Pod For Blackberry - BlackBerry Tour 9630 - Fommy.com

Display, sync, and recharge your BlackBerry smartphone quickly and efficiently in the office, home or wherever you go.
    Lots of websites say sync, for the same product. Crackberry has a very similar charging pod for the curve, where only two connectors are seen, yet it states that it syncs.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=8WnqJIUs
    08-04-09 04:12 PM
    Nope, that one for the curve (as do others) clearly states that it does not sync. Ran across another that did. But can't find the link now. But I can plug the USB cable in the side and call it a day.
    08-04-09 04:16 PM
    My old PowerStation for my 8830 and my current pod for my 9630 don't sync, they just charge. I don't remember ever seeing one that does both.

The wording on the ad is very misleading; technically you can plug the USB cable into the phone and sync it while it is charging in the pod, so you can do both at the same time with the pod---BUT the pod itself doesn't do the syncing.
    08-04-09 04:24 PM
    From the website;
    RIM OEM BlackBerry Charging Pod For Blackberry - BlackBerry Tour 9630 - Fommy.com

Lots of websites say sync, for the same product. Crackberry has a very similar charging pod for the curve, where only two connectors are seen, yet it states that it syncs.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=8WnqJIUs
    Those adds all say can be combined with usb cable to provide sync and charging together. You'll have the bb usb port plugged in via usb and charging via contacts on the back of the phone.
    08-04-09 04:29 PM
    I would file a complaint
    08-04-09 04:55 PM
    I purchased it from Crackberry. A lesson learned, clearly understand capabilities and expectations. I'm back to plugging the USB cable in the side, and now have a $25.00 stand.
    08-05-09 12:18 PM
    Its a charger people>>>>
    **Does NOT include power supply - travel charger and vehicle power adapter, sold separately. Charging Pod does NOT sync.
    Last edited by jeepzilla; 08-05-09 at 01:05 PM.
    08-05-09 12:47 PM
    Glad to hear you were able to get it working. Does the Tour seat well? Sync well, all that good stuff?
    Are you supposed to be able to connect to your computer through the dock? I thought it was just for charging.
    08-05-09 01:09 PM
    Since folks seem unable or unwilling to read the posted information, I will post a picture.

Most of the other "pod" ads that I have looked at lately, say, "Does not Sync" very clearly. The ad for this pod do not. You _can_ find ads for pods, including this pod, that show two connectors, and implies it syncs. Thus the missed expectations.

Chill, I'm not sweating it.

Pic for those who cannot read.
    08-05-09 01:42 PM
    If anyone is having trouble with the phrase, "charge and/or sync with a BlackBerry Tour 9630", let me know. I will get my 13 year old to explain it to you.
    08-05-09 01:44 PM
    1 other thing the base does not do, tell you when it is completely charged!
    08-05-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD