Since I uninstalled BBM 5.0 and went back to 4.5 I am having a problem when receiving pictures on BBM. Whenever I press view they are opened as a very very small thumbnail on a white background. Even if I press save and then open it, it will still be a very small image. How can I get it back to how it was before?

I have a BB Curve 8310 running v.4.5.0.163 Platform 2.7.0.92
    07-23-09 01:26 PM
    Anyone please? Bump!
    07-25-09 05:01 PM
    Second bump!
    07-27-09 09:57 AM
    Did you try stripping your OS and reinstalling it?
    07-27-09 11:30 AM
    I did that when I removed BBM 5. There is no other quickfix?
    07-27-09 04:13 PM
    Tres bumpo
    07-27-09 04:20 PM
    Not sure what the answer is. It happens to me when I send a pic. I have bbm5 and they don't. The pic is tiny!
    07-27-09 04:20 PM
    Not sure what the answer is. It happens to me when I send a pic. I have bbm5 and they don't. The pic is tiny!
    This is because BBM5 is buggy! However, looking at what previous posters have said about the problem still occurring after BBM5 is removed and the OS is restored, it looks like the damage may have already been done.

So have you guys gone in and done a complete clean wipe of the messenger app as well as the OS at the same time? I don't know if maybe the media viewer would have been effected or not. I can't think of any other apps that this would involve.
    07-28-09 06:39 AM
    This is because BBM5 is buggy! However, looking at what previous posters have said about the problem still occurring after BBM5 is removed and the OS is restored, it looks like the damage may have already been done.

So have you guys gone in and done a complete clean wipe of the messenger app as well as the OS at the same time? I don't know if maybe the media viewer would have been effected or not. I can't think of any other apps that this would involve.
    I have a Tour 9630 and this problem recently started for me. I have never installed the bbm 5.0 onto my phone. everything on my phone is how it was right out of the box. I noticed it first when my bf sent me pictures thru bbm a few weeks ago and now when i send him pics its the same thing. His phone does not have the bbm 5.0 in it either and he also has a tour 9630.
    09-16-09 09:55 PM
    This is the opposite of my problem. I have the old bbm, but my friend has bbm5. There were no problems after she first got bbm5, but she just switched networks to Sprint and got a new BB and all of a sudden her pictures sent to me in bbm are TINY and there is no apparent way to see them larger in any way.

(Other bbm contacts of mine who have bbm5 are still able to send me normal sized pictures. And my friend is able to send normal sized pictures to all her other contacts - though I don't know if they are all on bbm5 or not.)

Do I have to upgrade to bbm5 to fix this?

(I don't want to because I think the emoticons and formatting are ugly, but if it's my only option to receive normal sized pictures from her, I might consider it.)

HELP!
    03-26-10 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD