Has anyone got the bbm 5 location to work? i have a storm and my wife a pearl. the only thing i can get to work is the send location on my storm to her phone none of the other ones work on either phome. i have all the settings to always allow. am i missing something or what? You know I really cant wait till something comes out that works.. LOL
    Last edited by rmiller048; 07-23-09 at 01:24 PM.
    07-23-09 01:07 PM
    We played with it quite a bit and found that it was not ideal although we are dealing with leaks so it is possible that not all functionaliy is there yet?

I believe you will want to look at Google maps Lattitude, it turned out to be a much better solution for us. The BBM feature was 'on-demand' so you essentially had to request a location anytime you wanted to know where your friends were as opposed to Lattitude which tracks live (as long as the user has a cell signal).

Download it and see what you think if you havent already played with it and be advised there are some issues with 5.0.0.140 and google maps so you will want to stay away from that until a new version of Lattitude comes out the supports the 5.0 OS. I have found that with 5.0, Lattitude treats the storm as though it is a regular BB and not a touchscreen so you have to navigate through the number keys as opposed to dragging. If you are running any OS pre 5.0 you will not have to worry about that.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by lvumlow; 07-23-09 at 01:54 PM.
    07-23-09 01:47 PM
    thank you for your help
    07-23-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD