My charging pod for my Pearl had a light on the front that I kinda liked.. no big deal but wondering if I have a defective pod (I actually bought 2, neither one of them lights up).

- KrossX

07-23-09 12:15 PM
    I have no idea what you're talking about.. but there's like a light somewhere on the back of the dock.
    07-23-09 12:21 PM
    I'm pretty sure the clock coming on means it's charging.. Does the same when you plug in the wall charger right? I guess just see if it charges.. I ordered one too
    07-23-09 12:22 PM
    i know the clock comes on when it's charging, but does that also indicate that it's in bedside mode? or are all the keys lit up, etc? since it's not using the usb port to charge it makes me curious if it triggers the mode. TIA
    07-23-09 12:31 PM
    let me show you what I mean....

notice the light on the pod, as oppose to no-light on the Tour's pod? both OEM pods... anyone else confirm this is normal? I kinda liked that damn light..

- KrossX

Last edited by KrossX; 07-23-09 at 12:46 PM.
    07-23-09 12:38 PM
    let me show you what I mean....
    You mean the light that lights up for alerts isn't coming on right?
    07-23-09 12:39 PM
    sounds like itd keep me awake
    07-23-09 12:41 PM
    haha i got my dock like 5 min ago and was wondering the same thing. On my curve dock the Blackberry Logo up front would glow but not on the tour dock.
    07-23-09 12:46 PM
    There is a light on the upper back part of the charging pod. It lights up when you plug in the usb. I guess they figured that in a dark room, it provides a nice target for your phone.
    Last edited by garment69; 07-23-09 at 12:50 PM.
    07-23-09 12:47 PM
    Let me explain....

-KrossX
    07-23-09 12:53 PM
    Let me explain....

-KrossX
    Good. So your question is answered. You do not have a defective pod, BB moved the light to the back.
    07-23-09 12:57 PM
    Let me explain....

-KrossX
    hahahaha... they're going to need more explaination than that!
    07-23-09 12:58 PM
    Ah gotcha or maybe that's the that style cradle?
    07-23-09 12:59 PM
    Good. So your question is answered. You do not have a defective pod, BB moved the light to the back.
    You guys are hilarious. This poor guy is having the patiences of Job with you.

No, BB didn't move the light to the back. The prior charging pod had the light in the back too. So, it appears that the new one he got is either broken, or they changed it so the BB logo doesn't glow anymore.

OP: I should be getting my charging pod today or tomorrow and I'll see what mine does.
    07-23-09 01:02 PM
    Yea the new charging pods don't have the led on the actual pod. I'm glad they took the light out because my curve pod with the light kept me up because it was to bright. I had to put tape over it so I could sleep. My storm and tour pod don't have the light and imo its so much better. No light to keep me from getting my beauty rest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 01:02 PM
    someone earlier was complaining the light kept them up at night, maybe RIM had to many complaints of this and got rid of the light
    07-23-09 01:03 PM
    The patience goes both ways. Us trying to answer his question and him not understanding the answer. Can it be more clear? BB moved the light from the front to the back. And if it was on the front before, blackberry got rid of it. Pretty simple if you ask me. Bottom line, his pod aint broke.

PS-The BB bold charging pod is exactly the same.
    07-23-09 01:04 PM
    There are no lights on the pods except for the pearls. The Bold doesn't have one, neither does the Storm. My new Tour one doesn't have one either.
    07-23-09 01:06 PM
    They probably did this because most people keep it on their nightstand and there's nothing more annoying than that bright white light in the corner of your eye. I used to put electrical tape over it : ) BTW, that pic is hilarious haha
    07-23-09 01:07 PM
    There are no lights on the pods except for the pearls. The Bold doesn't have one, neither does the Storm. My new Tour one doesn't have one either.
    Where did you get the charging pod in stock?
    07-23-09 01:07 PM
    Just to be clear....

07-23-09 01:08 PM
    The Curve Pod I belive it lights up. The Tour one doesnt and the Storm one doesnt either. There in the back now. its basically lit up as confirmation that there is a USB plugged into it and it is in "charge" mode.
    07-23-09 01:11 PM
    The Curve Pod I belive it lights up. The Tour one doesnt and the Storm one doesnt either. There in the back now. its basically lit up as confirmation that there is a USB plugged into it and it is in "charge" mode.
    Apparently judging from the OP's pic, there is no light in the back either. Doesn't matter, if you drop your phone in and it charges, its working.
    07-23-09 01:13 PM
    The patience goes both ways. Us trying to answer his question and him not understanding the answer. Can it be more clear? BB moved the light from the front to the back. And if it was on the front before, blackberry got rid of it. Pretty simple if you ask me. Bottom line, his pod aint broke.

PS-The BB bold charging pod is exactly the same.
    I think some folks are confusing what "back" means. If you notice this picture of a previous model pod, there is a long thin horizontal white bar on the "back" inside edge. This lights up, as does the BB logo on the front.

I'll have to confirm how the new Tour one is once mine arrives today or tomorrow.

07-23-09 01:15 PM
    haha I knew one of those pics would end up being done for this topic... I am also curious to know because for me it would actually be a bonus it is DOES NOT light up and bother me at night

I like my room dark!

EDIT: If it turns out that yours is defective and you are not happy with it I may be interested in buying it off you!!
    07-23-09 01:16 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD