I think the iphone really beats the Storm in 3 areas. Their games, their browser, and Youtube. When it comes to emailing, messaging, and even apps, I think the Storm is just as good if not better.

1. As far as games go, the Storm is limited in hardware so it will never manage to be equal but we have some pretty cool, addicting games that are quite entertaining just not as visually stunning.

2. The browser can be better, but we are catching up. It gets faster with each leaked os and now the 5.0 browser is finally adding things like tabbed browser support. It can only get better and who knows, might even surpass one day in this area.

3. Now there's youtube. Right now we have the youtube app and slightly better is the Vision app. While they do their job, they hurt my eyes. Fornately, I think we can beat the iphone in this department if we worked together.

Keepvid

The ultimate solution I and many others have been using is:

Save youtube HD (so all searches are high quality) to bookmarks
    Search and find the vid you want
    Then save the page address and copy
    Then open keepvid.com (which should be saved to bookmarks as well)
    Clear field, then paste the address
    Click high quality
    Then click download

Now this is a decent solution but there is 3-5 minutes of extra hassle waiting for sites to open and copying and whatnot.

I am requesting a keepvid app. Kind of like the google youtube app, and the vision app except instead of searching, then streaming the vid, you would just search, click the vid, and then it would directly download it to your phone by using keepvid.

Does this make sense?

I think it should be a pretty bugless, free app that would offer us a chance to save high quality youtube (and any other sites that work with keepvid) videos. All the videos I have downloaded (around 10) using keepvid has been great quality and also since they are now saved to my 8gb storage card, I can just watch them whenever I want. Sometimes keepvid's site doesn't work well but I think it works good most of the time.

Please make this app!! Lol....keeping my fingers crossed. I have asked for this app before, but I figured I would try again....the more supporters, the more chance!
    07-23-09 05:02 AM
    If u want games get a PSP or a Gameboy or something

If u don't like the BB browser download Opera mini or Bolt. I think the BB browser is sluggish so I use Opera.
    Way faster.

Also my Youtube app works fine for me. I have no problem with it. It loads quickly and the quality is decent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 05:44 AM
    To above poster

I don't think you seen iphone's you tube video before. It blows bb's current version out of the world

I don't understand the need of high eye candy gaming but I do understand the need of much better quality you tube video!

+1 request

07-23-09 06:49 AM
    Ummmm don't know if you know but keepvid works on my blackberry I go to the nonmobile youtube save the page address then go to keep vid and save it right to my blackberry all done on my device

07-23-09 08:23 AM
    That seems like a lot of work.

Actually no
    copy URL from youtube paste in keepvid download

07-23-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD