I am pondering both applications. Which do you prefer. Iheartradio seems to come in clearer for me and sometimes I hear static on slacker.. But just out of curiosity which app works best for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 03:31 AM
    *cough bump cough* :|

07-23-09 07:38 AM
    I love iheartradio, a lot of good stations are available on there, but I haven't had the time to try out slacker radio yet..
    07-23-09 07:58 AM
    which one is the cheapest?
    07-23-09 10:08 AM
    I use Slacker, never have any quality issues.
    Although, I see myself using Pandora more and more now..
    07-23-09 10:10 AM
    For me, Slacker does the trick. I spend a lot of times on subways so being able to cache stations is the way to go.
    07-23-09 10:35 AM
    I use iheartradio more, lately, but if I planned to listen for more than 10 or 15 minutes, I'd go with Slacker.
    07-23-09 10:40 AM
    I really like Slacker you can have it play YOUR music
    I have installed Iheart but only used it a few times
    Seemed like a long wait for the stations I tried
    And let's be honest it is clearchannel so if you aren't
    Listening to a talk show it will be canned radio

07-23-09 12:10 PM
    True, I use to use vradio and all these apps are free- with vradio it has several different 80's hair metal chanells. Something I haven't found with the other free apps.

Last edited by cherryjuice; 07-23-09 at 12:42 PM.
    07-23-09 12:39 PM
    has anyone tried the feature stations on iheartradio? it seems they are moving away from traditional radio a little to compete w/ slacker and pandora
    07-24-09 12:01 PM
    I like slacker because if for example you type in Kelly clarkson, the station will play her music and similar music. And its really easy to use

07-24-09 12:09 PM
    for some reason i can never connect to iheartradio and was actually gonna post something similar. whenever i select my station it always says unable to connect to stream or something.
    07-24-09 12:16 PM
    interestingly enough iheartradio also has the feature to play your own self made radio stations- the only feature vradio does NOT have. thanks guys n gals for your input.

07-24-09 12:55 PM
    I like iheartradio for playing local radio stations and I like Pandora for streaming music of specific genres and styles. I've had better luck with Pandora than Slacker.
    07-24-09 01:05 PM
    thanks for d info...
    07-24-09 11:20 PM
    I like iheartradio for playing local radio stations and I like Pandora for streaming music of specific genres and styles. I've had better luck with Pandora than Slacker.
    I want to stream AM Talk radio stations, I live in the LA area...
    what app is best....?? or what is free....???

Thanks
    07-27-09 10:01 PM
    If the talk shows are on Clear Channel I-Heart should do it
    07-27-09 10:04 PM
    I like Slacker better, since they have a bigger library. Most of the music I listen to is not mainstream, so it is nice to be able to listen to what I like on Slacker.
    07-28-09 12:19 AM
    I like Slacker better, since they have a bigger library. Most of the music I listen to is not mainstream, so it is nice to be able to listen to what I like on Slacker.
    you might want to check out the "new!" station on iheartradio then
    07-30-09 10:14 AM
    you might want to check out the "new!" station on iheartradio then
    Thanks for the tip!

07-30-09 10:15 AM
    which one is the cheapest?
    Hello Sarg!

iheartradio is totally free to download and listen to!
    08-07-09 09:16 AM
    Don't have experience with iheart but Slacker and Pandora are both awesome. Pandora if you have certain group, song you like and Slacker if you want to listen to a certain genre. I know they both have some overlapping features but these seem to be what they specialize at.
    08-07-09 10:05 AM
    Until Pandora or iheartradio has "caching", then neither one holds a candle to slacker. It's the only reason I use slacker.
    08-07-09 12:27 PM
    Pandora does have a neat feature (on the PC version) when you choose or create a station you can add artist to that station.
    And any station you create or modify on the PC you can play mobile.
    08-07-09 01:01 PM
    I am pondering both applications. Which do you prefer. Iheartradio seems to come in clearer for me and sometimes I hear static on slacker.. But just out of curiosity which app works best for you?

Here is another one I found. It is the Nobex Radio Companion for Blackberry. If you want to listen to CBS stations, rather than Clear Channel stations, you need Nobex, not IHeartRadio.
    08-12-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD