I was told after a 3rd warranty replaced phone they offer you a different handset. If so which ones do they offer? Is it possible to get an old curve like the 8310?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 11:59 PM
    well... its true but not true... you can get your phone replaced if you raise enough hollar about it... but dont see how your going through 8900's like water.. you can always ask them i had t-mobile forward my upgrade and i grabbed a 8900 coming from a 8220 i was on my 6th replacement... all you can do is ask i suppose if you look around on the t-mobile forums you will see others way but its basically stealing so i dont condone it... but to each his own
    07-23-09 12:16 AM
    Curious how you needed 3 8900's. Weird. The 8900 is the best one they have, anything else would be a downgrade.
    07-23-09 01:11 AM
    Call and ask.
    07-23-09 07:05 AM
    You guys are funny, I see where this is going. I don't want another phone other than a blackberry that's why I asked. I'm not trying to sneak my way to a toy or "steal one" guys. Might as well close the thread. But thanks anyway (no sarcasm).

Last edited by ahfu25; 07-23-09 at 08:00 AM.
    07-23-09 07:58 AM
    I went through 2 8900's in a month and my one now is acting quirky so i know where you are coming from.

I'm not sure what phones they offer but when I was having issues with the old 8320 and they got tired of fixing they kept offering me the G1... which i kept promptly turning down as it would require me to dump my grandfathered stuff for a more expensive plan to work the 3g.
    07-23-09 09:34 AM
    Know this all too well..went through 3 as well, but the problem was that my "new" 8900 was being replaced by a scratched, worn out refurb each time. If I pay for a new phone with a warranty, I expect a new one coming back when it is to be replaced- only fair. Not my problem they have an inventory of refurbs to get thru...

If I knew what I did now, I would have simply gone somewhere to repair it.

07-24-09 05:54 AM
    First one I had ,several keyboard buttons went out. 2 and 3rd had trackball issues. I'm on my 4th one now. So far so good but I was asking about the replacement cuz I didn't want my berry to be replaced by a low end phone. Only time I was blackberry-less was when the iphone 3G came out and that was a mistake.

07-24-09 08:14 AM
    I'm on my 3rd 8900 and 2nd battery... The first one had issues with randomly deleting all of my info... And the second one kept restarting like the the old beta software for my 8320.... Hopefully this one works out well

07-24-09 09:37 AM
    I had the stuck trackball with my 8900 and tmobile sent me a replacement that looks 100 percent new. Heard stories about people getting refurbed units but mine is great and on top of that the replacement has a better feeling keyboard and doesn't have the dipped screen. Obviously I am pleased with my replacement phone.

07-24-09 08:57 PM
    Just had my 8320 replaced because of trackball issues. Replacement phone looks new but its probably a referb. As long as it looks new and works great, I don't care.

07-25-09 05:53 AM
    I had trouble with my trackball and I went to the store and they give me a new one.
    07-25-09 03:37 PM
    They offer you something of equal value. Usual two other options and the same phone you currently have.
    07-25-09 03:54 PM
    I don't know why anyone would think this is stealing...
    It's AT&T's warranty policy.
    07-25-09 04:40 PM
    Quote from axe50:
    Know this all too well..went through 3 as well, but the problem was that my "new" 8900 was being replaced by a scratched, worn out refurb each time. If I pay for a new phone with a warranty, I expect a new one coming back when it is to be replaced- only fair. Not my problem they have an inventory of refurbs to get thru...

Your expectations are high. If you ever read the little warranty booklet in the box RIM can replace it with a refurbished or "like-New" device. Or if they have no refurbs available then you get a new one (just no box/accessories/etc.).

Quote from xTemptati0n:
    They offer you something of equal value. Usual two other options and the same phone you currently have.

Ding we have a winner!
    07-27-09 03:02 AM
    I don't know why anyone would think this is stealing...
    It's AT&T's warranty policy.
    They assume we want to steal! This world is full of dishonest people....especially blackberry users who ask simple questions!!...jk...lol

07-28-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD