The fonts.

On my BlackBerry Bold I have found ONE theme that has fonts small enough to fit a reasonable amount of information on the screen. It was a free theme.

On my BlackBerry 8900 I have not found a single one with fonts that were of a reasonable size. Every single theme on the 8900 has fonts that are just too big. Why?

I see all these great looking themes over and over again and I take a look at the screen shots and they are really enticing. I want to get one that finally makes me want to offer up a few dollars but this one thing really holds me back. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    07-22-09 11:34 PM
    >On my BlackBerry 8900 I have not found a single one with fonts that were of a reasonable size. Every single theme on the 8900 has fonts that are just too big. Why?<

Because I don't usually makes themes for people, I make them for ME, and I happen to like my themes with large fonts. I upload to share. Doesn't really hurt my feelings is you download or not.

Perhaps it's time you learn to use Plazmic CDK. It's a free download and you can customize it to yourself.
    07-22-09 11:43 PM
    There are themes with small fonts. I like my fonts small too. You just have to search harder.

Some that are small are waldog's themes, he's into the minimalist thing so everything's small. Also search PMB for more themes.

they are out there. you are just not looking hard enough. be grateful that there are actually people who are providing these themes for free. if you actually want to pay.. then, go ahead.
    07-23-09 12:14 AM
    I am actually referring to themes for which I would pay or "donate" and I have nothing against giving someone a few dollars for their work.
    07-23-09 12:38 AM
    i have never paid for a theme for the main reason that the FREE themes the ladies and gentlemen make here are 99% of the time better themes. i only say 99% because noone is perfect and we wouldnt want someone to get a big head now would we lol
    07-23-09 01:23 AM
    i'm not talking about whether you're willing to pay for a theme or not.

rather, i think you do a more indepth search before saying that there are no themes out there with small fonts. i can safely say i have 2 themes that have small fonts and i love them that way. and they were both free.
    07-23-09 01:56 AM
    Which two? I have been getting tired of the large font themes; but the themes I have seen with smaller fonts have not been what I want. I'm with you on wanting tiny text though. You'd think it would be customizable overall like, but even the size 7 font that the device lets you choose is still rather large.

So yeah; I might just have to roll my own I guess.
    07-23-09 11:18 AM
    Man ya'll must have some good eyes. I gotta make my font like 40 just to see...hahah I'm jk. When I make themes I usually keep them at the default size, I think its kind of strange ya'll want super small font, but maybe thats a good eye sight thing

Good Luck on your quest for small font themes!!!
    07-23-09 11:30 AM
    Have you thought about changing the font size in options/screen&keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 12:36 PM
    Is the font size small enough on my theme?

If not it reallllllyyyy have to be tiny.
    07-23-09 04:54 PM
    as a benchmark, do u think Pure Laboratory by jasons is small enough?

if it isn't then i really think u need to make your own!

i use waldog's urban toxic theme, and a theme called yoritsuka from pmb. both small, and the advantage of small fonts is that u don't have to scroll through the menus (when u hit the bb button).

i don't think my eyesight is particularly good, but i also have this thing about other ppl reading whatever is on my screen over my shoulder!! :P
    07-23-09 09:31 PM
    .... but i also have this thing about other ppl reading whatever is on my screen over my shoulder!! :P
    so thats your reason for liking small fonts.. hmmm... is that your reason too JNM? :P
    07-23-09 10:47 PM
    Yeah; the Pure Labratory one is small enough. What font and size is that so I can request something similar for a theme?
    07-24-09 12:33 AM
    I think that the fonts the theme makers can mess with (I don't make themes) are the fonts for the message previews if you select message folder, the fonts for the today messages and calendar items that show up on the homescreen, and the font for the icon title (Media) when you roll over it. The actual message font you select. The also select the font size/style if you click menu to delete a message. To me that aspect (size, font type and color) is very individually selective. I think larger is better than smaller because the screen is pretty small as it is and people are looking in funky light and situations where they just wanna see the deal, they don't care how many things are on the page. So I prefer visibility at all times (I don't wear my glasses on the golf course).
    07-24-09 12:56 AM
    Yeah; the Pure Labratory one is small enough. What font and size is that so I can request something similar for a theme?
    Hi malejo,

These are my settings for Pure Lab:

Menu: BBalpha sans size 20
    List: BB Alpha Sans size 22
    Buttons: BB Alpha Sans size 19
    Dialog: Arial 23
    Message List: BB Alpha Sans size 22
    Lock Screen: Arial 23
    Homescreen: Application content 21 (Default)
    Status Text (home Screen): Application content 17
    Today Text: BB Alpha Sans size 15

hope you find what you need.
    07-24-09 12:51 PM
    i have never paid for a theme for the main reason that the FREE themes the ladies and gentlemen make here are 99% of the time better themes. i only say 99% because noone is perfect and we wouldnt want someone to get a big head now would we lol
    i totally agree!

and i always get back to the default theme on my phone, so there is no reason why i would buy a theme
    08-06-09 02:04 PM
    i totally agree!

and i always get back to the default theme on my phone, so there is no reason why i would buy a theme
    the default theme to me is yuck. Id never go back to that theme. Aftermarket themes are more creative and contain stuff like, today screens, quicklaunch slots, weather slots, and nicer colors.

Keep searching, im sure ul find something worth keeping.

btw, fonts are adjustable via the options/screen & keyboard.
    08-06-09 04:34 PM
    Themes r awesome and allow u to personaize ur phone to ur style and taste. I'd never use a default theme again after seeing how awesome custom icons can be especially if the person who's making them has real skillz...

08-06-09 07:39 PM
    Themes r awesome and allow u to personaize ur phone to ur style and taste. I'd never use a default theme again after seeing how awesome custom icons can be especially if the person who's making them has real skillz...

Wow, thanks for the go-nowhere posts guys, he's not saying he will only use the original theme, he's saying he hasn't found anything that personafies him yet. And I TOTALLY agree, I have not found a minimalist, clean theme with small fonts yet, however, I did try to make one, very hard to do.
    08-12-09 10:07 PM
    that's how its done on the 8900 threads budd. haa
    08-13-09 06:48 PM
    The fonts.

On my BlackBerry Bold I have found ONE theme that has fonts small enough to fit a reasonable amount of information on the screen. It was a free theme.

On my BlackBerry 8900 I have not found a single one with fonts that were of a reasonable size. Every single theme on the 8900 has fonts that are just too big. Why?

I see all these great looking themes over and over again and I take a look at the screen shots and they are really enticing. I want to get one that finally makes me want to offer up a few dollars but this one thing really holds me back. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Try the Winberry7 theme
    08-13-09 08:30 PM
    There are themes with small fonts. I like my fonts small too. You just have to search harder.

Some that are small are waldog's themes, he's into the minimalist thing so everything's small. Also search PMB for more themes.

they are out there. you are just not looking hard enough. be grateful that there are actually people who are providing these themes for free. if you actually want to pay.. then, go ahead.
    Hey, you know that most themes have user customizable font sizes right?

Just go to options, screen/keyboard, font size and bring it down to 7
    08-14-09 02:43 PM
    Man ya'll must have some good eyes. I gotta make my font like 40 just to see...hahah I'm jk. When I make themes I usually keep them at the default size, I think its kind of strange ya'll want super small font, but maybe thats a good eye sight thing

Good Luck on your quest for small font themes!!!
    The default size is the way to go if ya ask me, not too small, not too big. I never understood the whole small font thing, with theme developers...
    08-14-09 02:52 PM
    The default size is the way to go if ya ask me, not too small, not too big. I never understood the whole small font thing, with theme developers...
    AMEN!!

As soon as I dl a theme, I look at the Options menu as the theme is changing - if that has small font, I know the theme developer has changed the font size and even if I change my options, the menus aren't going to change. I never end up keeping that one long...
    08-14-09 02:59 PM
    Agreed...all my friends love my themes. Half of them had no idea that they could customize their BBs & were only usine the stock themes !

Agreed 100% - I hate squinting. My eyes are bad enough w/o having super small font. Plus squinting gives me wrinkles
    08-14-09 03:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD