Does anyone else really feel the same way as me? I mean, I have been through a 7250, a Curve, a Storm, and now the World Edition, and I have to say. This has been the best device hands down. I guess I just don't see enough activity in this forum anymore and it makes me wonder how many people have this phone still. I know that the newer phones have great features, I work right beside a Tour everyday, yet I just don't find it as appealing as the wide silver handset that I am currently typing on. I love the keys and keyboard width, the large screen (however much resolution it may be lacking I still love it) and the fact that it is truely unique in the BBerry nation. It was really in a class of it's own there for a while. I also, REALLY love the power button up top and the fact that I can have it at full brightness with the click of a button of off in two clicks. I mean, the thing has a very professional feel to it and not much appeal to most people because of the lack of camera, but I truely think it is the pinnacle of what Blackberry has made thus far. That is all, I just wanted to sing a little praise to a handset that has seemingly lost a lot of interest and it's luster to a handset that I don't feel is all that great (the tour). Let me know how you guys feel!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 10:29 PM
    I'm with you man. I had a chance to get the curve or storm from verizon around december last year and I went with the red we. From all the blackberrys I had I have to say that this is the best one. With the hybrid os and bbm 5.0 this phone is more than great and the toughness of this phone is incredible it can take such a beating. I will always have one for back-up long after it has disappeared. Long Live the 8830we!!!!

07-22-09 11:44 PM
    Awesome, I knew I wasn't alone. And congratulations on the red WE. I almost got it but I wasn't sure about how long I would like it. But I'm sure the color wouldn't have mattered to me, I'm going to love this phone for a long time. I like my silver one and most importantly, I love the coverage Verizon has in my area.

07-23-09 12:02 AM
    I absolutely love my WE, AND the ladies want to see it since they have not seen that model. Good time to get a PIN.
    07-23-09 01:15 AM
    Love this thread. I love my 8830WE, it may not have the best memory out there but it surely has been a workhorse and I dropped it only once and it was hard but its still working till this day, its different and it remains very professional, no camera no bells and whistles, straight what every blackberry was meant for - EMAIL. I brought this baby all over the US and has guided me with its GPS. As much as I get ridiculed since its not the latest, I feel this phone has been the most durable and the most professional looking blackberry there out now and its perfect for simple users who like to email and BBM. I have a black silicon skin on it and it looks nice, the fact that it has WORLD EDITION printed on it makes it badass plus not everyone has a 8830 most kids have pearls and curves. This phone is an underdog and works like its supposed to. I've taken this out and in the shower everyday (yes I bbm in the shower), and if this phone could take it can tell a lot. And oh ya the president uses it lol.

And the fact that I can type this long on my BB and without my thumbs hurting is why I love this device. I could go further but I need to sleep :P

End

07-23-09 02:12 AM
    Yeah, I like the 8830. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done. I have the black one and I think it's the most classy looking BB there is. I still want the tour though. I'm waiting for the version with wifi, so until that comes out, I will be rocking my 8830 with pride.
    07-23-09 08:31 AM
    Same here getting the Atlas later on

07-23-09 10:59 AM
    I too think the 8830 is one of the best BB's ever produced. I just recently switched to the 9630, and so far it is treating me very well. It was difficult to give the 8830 up though (2+ years). Also, the lack of camera never bothered me in the least.

Device history:
    7130>8830>9530>8830>8330>8830>9630

As you can see, I did try other models, but kept going back to the 8830. I think I am officially done with it though... sad face.
    07-23-09 03:39 PM
    I'm so glad that everyone has enjoyed their WE as much as me, and I agree, the "WORLD EDITION printed on the front DOES scream bad ***! I also agree that this phone easily out-shines those curve and pearl toting kiddos out there. Like I said, pinnacle of what the Blackberry brand used to stand for... Professionalism, status, e-mail, and technical diversity. I will be using this thing as long as technology let's me.

07-23-09 04:22 PM
    Hey agough im happy you made a thread like this. I own 5 different berrys and honestly out of all of them i love my 8830 the most!!! Yes it may not be the most recent berry but the look and the feel are unmatched. I do still see plenty of people toting the 8830 but clearly not as much as the Curve. I for one will never give up my 8830 for a longgggg time. I def do want the Tour but i truly dont think the all around feel is as good as the 8830. I already have a 8350 which runs 4.6 and is basically identical to 4.7 which the Tour runs. Im sure in a few months i will also own a Tour but i know i will still be switching back and forth with my 8830. I also wish there was more activity on this forum as it had died down drastically but thats of course because of new devices coming out. Hopefully us remaining 8830 owners can keep it alive and kicking.
    07-23-09 09:31 PM
    I am planning to upgrade to the Tour when I get back from Germany in September but I have not seen the phone in person yet so who knows. I am sure I will miss the rareness of my 8830WE.

I have had mine for 2 years now and people still ask me if it is a new Blackberry model. I have dropped it several times and while a small chunk is missing from the chrome accents it has been really durable. Just last night I spilled a drink all over the phone and it still works perfectly no sticky buttons no nothing. It is a great phone no doubt.
    07-24-09 07:25 AM
    I really like my WE as well. It has done a very good job for me over the past 1.5 years. I think the only reason I will retiring it for a Tour (probably by the end of hte year) is for more memory. The camera will be a nice bonus, but I feel like I am on constant memory watch. I am in no rush to leave my WE.
    07-24-09 07:41 AM
    I gotta agree with everyone here, the 8830 is a great phone. I got the 8830 just back in November 08, and used it until my upgrade date came up in February 09. I got the Storm, which has treated me well, but I still have that special place in my heart for the first Blackberry I ever owned.

Just yesterday I actually reactivated my 8830 in order to upgrade it and make sure it's running as optimally as possible - even if I don't use it all the time. I like to keep it around just in case I need a go to phone.

Great thread.
    07-24-09 08:38 AM
    I had the 8830 WE when it was first released. I've had every Verizon model since except for the Tour. I was just considering going back to the 8830 and you guys just talked me into it! Thanks....
    07-24-09 10:42 AM
    Ha! That's funny chrisadams! You knew in your heart which one was the right choice this whole time though. WE!

07-24-09 02:00 PM
    I love mine, only complaint is the constant freezing though
    07-25-09 05:36 PM
    I love my 8830, I even turned down an upgrade to the tour! It may seem silly to some but nothing compares to my 8830
    07-25-09 09:14 PM
    I love my 8830, I even turned down an upgrade to the tour! It may seem silly to some but nothing compares to my 8830
    Atlas > Tour
    07-25-09 09:47 PM
    I miss the larger form factor, and the larger keyboard that comes along with it. Thats about it however.

07-25-09 10:14 PM
    i LOVE MY 8830,TO ME ITS STILL THE BEST HANDSET AND JUST IN LOVE WITH THE KEYBOARD AND THE FONE IT SELF.
    07-26-09 07:17 PM
    Maybe we shud post pics of our 8830's just to regain interest again. Ill post a pic of 8830 in a few days

07-27-09 02:15 AM
    At first i wanted the 8830 but i have the curve and love it. cant live without a camera.
    07-27-09 05:17 AM
    I've had my WE for 2 years and it looks and operates like new (I'm pretty metciulous)... I think it is still a great looking device and with OS 4.5 the software is finally modern enough for basic email/web needs (I use my iPod for media anyway).

I played with the Tour and it felt and looked awesome but the software interface and screen were kind of underwhelming. That said, I'd definitely upgrade to a Tour with OS 5 and WiFi.

Until then, the WE soldiers on!
    07-27-09 10:02 AM
    Ace587 - I LOVE that idea! I am going to get my digital camera out later and snap a couple of shots and let you guys drool over my totally stock (but still sexy as ****) silver 8830. And then I am going to type and love on it all night long... yeah, none of you love yours like I love mine! Ha!

07-27-09 11:51 AM
    I love this phone i juss bought it and i cant stay off of it. aha i love it so much that i txt people that i havent talk to in a while
    07-28-09 01:16 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD