I'm planning on downloading the Bolt browser for my Tour and was wondering if the software loads itself after download and walks me through set-up or do I need experienced BB skills to make it work? If I somehow screw this up can I return back to the stock browser?

Thanks!
    07-22-09 08:29 PM
    Bolt is ridiculously simple and it doesn't even touch your BlackBerry browser
    07-22-09 08:30 PM
    I can't understand why people like bolt so much I've tried it on both my storm and tour twice and all four times it was very slow. It was much slower than thw native browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 08:40 PM
    rryoung, you must have been doing something wrong. Bolt is THE fastest browser for the Tour at this time... At least until Skyfire comes hopping along...
    07-22-09 08:40 PM
    That was my next question Ethrem and you already answered it. Am I making the right choice going with Bolt.

Thanks bud!
    07-22-09 08:45 PM
    I can't understand why people like bolt so much I've tried it on both my storm and tour twice and all four times it was very slow. It was much slower than thw native browser.

I use Bolt and will swear by it. It may not be as fast as the native browser (it's still pretty fast imo) but I can do things on a website with Bolt that I can't do with the native browser. I love this one!
    07-22-09 08:48 PM
    Does Bolt show up as a folder or icon that I just click on to access it? If thats the case, Im guessing that I have the choice of launching either Bolt or the native browser when getting on the internet, correct?
    07-22-09 08:53 PM
    Bolt has an icon that launches it directly. Very easy to use and a much better rendering browser than the native BB one.
    07-22-09 08:56 PM
    For me bolt is much faster. On my 8330 and now the tour
    07-22-09 09:11 PM
    Opera is the fastest, but Bolt definitely renders pages much better and offers better zoom settings. I use Opera, Bolt and the BB browser. It depends on what website I'm viewing. None of the browsers interfere with each other. Opera and Bolt are separate applications that you choose to use when you want. No matter what, though, links clicked in e-mails and messages automatically open in the native browser.

07-22-09 09:15 PM
    How do you zoom in when using Bolt? I have used Opera Mini and the native BB browser. I like Bolt but can't figure out the zoom...duh.

07-22-09 09:23 PM
    where do u get the bolt browser?
    07-22-09 09:32 PM
    Opera is the fastest, but Bolt definitely renders pages much better and offers better zoom settings. I use Opera, Bolt and the BB browser. It depends on what website I'm viewing. None of the browsers interfere with each other. Opera and Bolt are separate applications that you choose to use when you want. No matter what, though, links clicked in e-mails and messages automatically open in the native browser.

Opera is only faster because by default it HEAVILY compresses images. If you change image quality to highest in both browsers, not only will Bolt win the speed contest but it will also win the rendering contest on large pages with lots of images because Opera Mini runs out of cache fast.
    07-22-09 09:36 PM
    where do u get the bolt browser?
    Bolt Browser
    07-22-09 09:36 PM
    its very easy set up and you will not be disappointed with the performance from Bolt
    07-22-09 10:14 PM
    I'm planning on downloading the Bolt browser for my Tour and was wondering if the software loads itself after download and walks me through set-up or do I need experienced BB skills to make it work? If I somehow screw this up can I return back to the stock browser?

Thanks!
    I use it and love it. Beats OPERA mini hands down. IMHO
    07-22-09 10:23 PM
    Sorry OP but I'm going to have to agree with a few others here and say you should either stick with the native browser or get Opera Mini. Bolt's performance has been disappointing.

07-22-09 10:44 PM
    Just downloaded Bolt. Native browser rendered Yahoo.com in 9 seconds... Bolt 6 seconds

Seems to be a touch faster with other pages too. I would recommend it.
    07-22-09 11:10 PM
    I don't see what all the hype is. I dl'd Bolt and it didn't seem noticeably faster to me. Also, some pages wouldn't render on Bolt but did with the native browser. For these reasons, I deleted Bolt. Have never tried Opera mini though.
    07-23-09 02:21 AM
    Just gave Bolt a 3rd tried. I think I'm going to stick with Opera mini still.
    07-23-09 03:38 AM
    I luv Opera Mini, I find that browser extremely fast...but depending what I'm doing and what website I need to access, I alternative between all three browsers.
    07-23-09 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD