So my Tour rebooted randomly four times today. The first time, I do not remember what I was doing. The second time, I was playing Fierce Towers (tower defense game). The third time was watching YouTube. The last time, I was trying to answer a phone call from my sister. No idea as to why, but I do know that the red LED comes on for about three seconds after it turns off, the same as it does after a battery pull.

Any help would be great.
    07-22-09 08:12 PM
    Try looking at your error log (Alt LGLG) to see if you can figure out what is causing the reboots.

I would consider exchanging it for a new Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 08:18 PM
    jvmerrorex: 'jvm error 541 heap error detected'
    07-22-09 08:29 PM
    I switched mine out because of random rebooting yesterday... (original from 7-12-09) No issues so far with replacement
    07-22-09 08:32 PM
    bubba, how often were you being rebooted?
    07-22-09 08:33 PM
    it happened about 4 times total over 3 days
    07-22-09 08:36 PM
    alright thanks if it reboots any more i'll definitely do that. appreciate it.
    07-22-09 08:37 PM
    no problem. for 30 days they swap it out with a brand new one. I went to a corp store and pulled it from the box and let me use my laptop to switch it out using backup and restore from bb DM
    07-22-09 08:44 PM
    If you exchange it for a new Tour, don't forget to wipe it and remove the old PIN from your email accts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 09:17 PM
    hey so i went to verizon today, really helpful (+1 for customer service) and walked out with a new tour, but i need to reinstall apps, @#$% the paid ones.
    07-23-09 10:24 PM
    If you bought your apps at the CB App Store, it's quite easy.
    07-23-09 11:02 PM
    I am getting this same error a couple of times a day. The last time it happened I had opera mini and the regular browser open. All of a sudden I get a white screen then a reboot. Is this because of hardware error or operating system error?
    07-28-09 01:25 PM
    jhutchings, it's hard to say. Hopefully, it is because of a software error that can be resolved with an OS reload or an OS update down the road. The fact that other users report that their Tours are very stable and they don't experience any rebooting is a concern though.

I have also been getting some random, but infrequent reboots as well:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ne...ght-vm-280522/

I have also been missing some calls. Sometimes they apparently go straight to voicemail.
    07-28-09 01:53 PM
    If you bought your apps at the CB App Store, it's quite easy.
    +1

C'mon guys. Support the site that we all love and buy your apps from the CB app store! It's a snap to restore them if you buy from ShopCrackBerry-
    07-28-09 01:58 PM
    I'm on third Tour. First one ate battery and would not restart, second one started a cycle of reboots yesterday afternoon. After 10+ reboots I just pulled the battery and took it to the VZW store. New one working fine so far(crosses fingers, knocks wood, draws sign of cross on Tour with Madame LeBeau's lucky chicken foot, etc)...
    07-28-09 02:36 PM
    i have had mine randomly reboot i think 3 times in a week. i am hoping to not have to take it in and get a new one, but if it happens more often i will for sure
    07-28-09 02:41 PM
    The Verizon Tours seem to be having the issues.hmmmmn
    07-28-09 02:48 PM
    Guys, my tour won't stop rebooting...I'm furious right now because I can't even get to the main menu to attempt to fix it. How do I get it to stop rebooting?
    12-21-09 12:45 PM
    My Sprint Tour has been doing the same thing for a month now; any ideas?

Here's the real bad news: when it comes back alive after the random reboot, the date and time are all jacked up! Consequently, messages get lost, my appointment calendar is meaningless, and previously set alarms become WORTHLESS (don't ask me how I know this last one)! It's quickly becoming very frustrating.

When I call Sprint, they all say, "Download the latest OS version" which I've done multiple times now...all to no avail. The nearest Sprint repair center is 80 miles away, which is quite the commitment for a quick jaunt after work. I'm still a long while from making that journey, so until then, I'm poking around here, looking for help.

Is anyone dealing with this? Anyone as frustrated as I am?

It's not happening every day, but darn close. 4 times a week, and occasionally more than that.

Any ideas on all of this?
    01-12-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD