140 is still listed as the latest and greatest internal O.S under the BETA section. I don't know about you guys, but if I were RIM, I would be PISSED one of the newly developed operating systems just got leaked to the public and I would be out for blood.

Consequences from RIM? Downsizing the private O.S testing pool? People loosing their jobs? Thoughts/opinions?
    07-22-09 12:34 PM
    No more testing in china? Remember we just FOUND the leak, no one from CB had anything to do with the actual leak, it was found on a Chinese website.
    07-22-09 12:37 PM
    Somebody def lost their job this time. However, its about time we catch up to radio and crucial!....or so I think.
    07-22-09 12:38 PM
    lol, RIM constantly have os builds floating around and I am not sure this is their most advanced build.

RIM will be pissed of course at the person that leaked it; but not to the common user.
    07-22-09 12:39 PM
    I think we shouldn't even use the term "leaks" anymore, its almost bound to happen as if it's intentional anyway. What gets me is that even if its a beta the people creating hybrids and etc are doing things RIM should of implemented in the first place, its almost as if they should pay them to improve on something that's going to need tinkering with in the first place.
    07-22-09 12:41 PM
    What difference does it make, it's a leak and we are doing RIM a favor in my book.

They officially don't have to support the leak but get all this feedback.

It's free for them.
    07-22-09 12:54 PM
    I think we shouldn't even use the term "leaks" anymore, its almost bound to happen as if it's intentional anyway. What gets me is that even if its a beta the people creating hybrids and etc are doing things RIM should of implemented in the first place, its almost as if they should pay them to improve on something that's going to need tinkering with in the first place.
    +1 ... the hybrids around here blow RIMs "official" releases out of the water.
    07-22-09 12:54 PM
    well for me it's 1) re-enforced my faith in the company seeing sneak peeks of what's coming. 2) keeps me interested.

this is the first phone i've considered keeping for the full 20 months between NE2 upgrades since my enV, and i'm still excited about having it this long after release.

i think RIM needs to stop with posting every sequential build they make. just post one. take the testing internally a bit more seriously, and then take the testing load off of the carriers. if RIM posts it on the partner site, it should be the benchmark by which all software is measured against. carrier testing should be essentially a formality, and to confirm vendor supported apps (VVM, VZNAV, etc) still work. if they don't then adjust to match the OS. don't re-write the OS to support carrier apps. this will expedite the process of building/testing/releasing.
    07-22-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD