I just got off the phone with AT&T about having a number blocked from text messaging me and calling me. They told me I would have to pay $5 a month to have a feature added where I could manage that. I really only need one number blocked, and I feel that $5 a month is a lot just to do that. Is there any application available for my 8310 to set up a reject list?
    07-22-09 12:22 PM
    you can search the crackberry app store but any app that has a feature like that is going to cost you anywhere from 3-6 dollars.
    07-22-09 12:25 PM
    I don't mind paying for one. Just don't want a monthly cost.
    07-22-09 12:44 PM
    You can do this for free with Verizon under Spam controls. I'm able to log into my online account and select up to 5 numbers to block, and up to 15 email addresses, domain names, or text names.

I'm surprised ATT&T doesn't offer this feature.
    They may. I'd ask them about it.
    07-22-09 12:45 PM
    You can do this for free with Verizon under Spam controls. I'm able to log into my online account and select up to 5 numbers to block, and up to 15 email addresses, domain names, or text names.

I have spoke to them about it, like I said- $5 a month.
    07-22-09 12:58 PM
    They should offer this for free. They should allow their customers to have the ability to protect themselves from unwanted callers.
    I'm glad I'm with Verizon.
    07-22-09 03:03 PM
    Look for an application named BlackList/WhiteList.
    07-22-09 04:11 PM
    Set up a profile for that caller with no notification and then you can delete them but you won't hear them.
    07-22-09 04:13 PM
    It might be drastic. But it's free...

You can block ALL SMS unless they are in address book. So, remove the offender from your adress book and go to options > security > firewall and then follow directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 04:28 PM
    I just got off the phone with AT&T about having a number blocked from text messaging me and calling me. They told me I would have to pay $5 a month to have a feature added where I could manage that. I really only need one number blocked, and I feel that $5 a month is a lot just to do that. Is there any application available for my 8310 to set up a reject list?
    This is what I use. I can't insert a URL because of my limited posts. Try coping this tiny URL into your browser.

tinyurl.com/b9sm75

If this URL doesn't work, Google "callsblocker".
    07-22-09 11:18 PM
    This is what I use. I can't insert a URL because of my limited posts. Try coping this tiny URL into your browser.

tinyurl.com/b9sm75

If this URL doesn't work, Google "callsblocker".
    The most important thing for me is being able to block text messages from this person. They don't call me often, it's the texting that is the biggest issue. Does it block texts with that app?
    07-23-09 03:15 PM

thats what i've been searching for, thanks for that fer sure!!! vzw is great
    07-24-09 03:35 AM
    Fee block a number fee get detailed billing at@t pricing themselves out of the market.
    07-24-09 11:17 PM
    The most important thing for me is being able to block text messages from this person. They don't call me often, it's the texting that is the biggest issue. Does it block texts with that app?
    I don't know. I don't have any "texters" I want to block. The software is free. Why not try it and report back?
    07-25-09 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD