So I just resigned my contract in November last year for the curve, and called today and said that I really wanted the Tour. Of course i got the obvious "your not eligible so the price is $500" So very nicely I said "Well if I cancel and pay the $200 ETF, I can go to Best Buy and pick up a Tour on Verizon for $99, which is still cheaper than the $500 I have to pay to STAY with Sprint" needless to say they gave me the phone at the upgrade price being overnighted today YAY!
    07-22-09 12:10 PM
    nice!
    I love the phone, but Im not getting any service @ work when I used to get full service on my Pearl... Im hoping its something that can be fixed D:
    07-22-09 12:22 PM
    Niceeeeeeee , Good Come Bak , That Rep Must Of Been Like , This Son Of Beeeppppppp Got Me Lol
    07-22-09 12:46 PM
    LOL nice. I'd hate my life if I was a sprint CS rep
    07-22-09 12:47 PM
    Did you call telesales or Retentions?
    07-22-09 12:59 PM
    congrads...thats great.. the tours awesome...you'll love it
    07-22-09 01:13 PM
    called telesales, they forwarded me to retentions....I was very pleasant and so was the lady i spoke with.
    07-22-09 01:25 PM
    LOL nice. I'd hate my life if I was a sprint CS rep
    Your job should never define you. Hating one's life should never depend on a job...

just what sport's team you root for

OP: I'm a new customer and was dealt with very nicely by the people who took care of me. Sprint is off to good start.
    07-22-09 01:59 PM
    Good for you!! You'll love the Tour!!
    07-22-09 03:15 PM
    Your job should never define you. Hating one's life should never depend on a job...

just what sport's team you root for

OP: I'm a new customer and was dealt with very nicely by the people who took care of me. Sprint is off to good start.
    Meaning having to deal with people whining to get new phones lol all that crap they have to deal with. It's not a bad job but I personally wouldn't be able to put up with it. I'd be like FINE leave lol. It was bad enough I did phone tech support for DHL that was very very frustrating work. "Please click on your windows start button" "What's that???" *bangs head on desk*
    07-22-09 03:19 PM
    So I just resigned my contract in November last year for the curve, and called today and said that I really wanted the Tour. Of course i got the obvious "your not eligible so the price is $500" So very nicely I said "Well if I cancel and pay the $200 ETF, I can go to Best Buy and pick up a Tour on Verizon for $99, which is still cheaper than the $500 I have to pay to STAY with Sprint" needless to say they gave me the phone at the upgrade price being overnighted today YAY!
    haha..that's awesome! that's going straight to the point
    07-22-09 05:37 PM
    Okay... for real?
    It was THAT easy?! FML. I called Sprint FIVE effin times yesterday to get the Tour (my upgrade isn't until December), talked to retentions, retentions sup, and retentions manager! I got SQUAT.

Ugh... it's stories like this that just aggravate with how inconsistent Sprint is.
    07-22-09 05:48 PM
    Okay... for real?
    It was THAT easy?! FML. I called Sprint FIVE effin times yesterday to get the Tour (my upgrade isn't until December), talked to retentions, retentions sup, and retentions manager! I got SQUAT.

Ugh... it's stories like this that just aggravate with how inconsistent Sprint is.
    Hey man don't feel too bad. Same thing happened to me, my curve 8330 broke about a week ago so I tried to upgrade early and at first they said I could when I was chatting online with a sales rep. Then the rep told me to call a store and ask them if they could do it and the store said no. So then I was told to call telesales and ask them and they couldn't do it either. I am eligible for an upgrade on Aug. 1st and they still couldn't upgrade me early. Stupid if you ask me, now I am back to my ****ty old flip phone with a basic plan with no data. If they had let me upgrade early I would be paying for a data plan and the phone insurance now. I figured they would try to upgrade me because they stand to make more $$$ but I guess they don't care.

Wondering if I should switch to Verizon now but I get a smaller discount from Verizon through my work than I do Sprint. Here in the bay area I get really good coverage from Sprint and I haven't really had many problems with them but sometimes I think they don't really give a **** about their customers.
    07-22-09 07:02 PM
    ... but sometimes I think they don't really give a **** about their customers.
    Join the club... :/
    07-22-09 07:07 PM
    Christ, Verizon plans are expensive as ****. Even with my discount I will be paying way more than I do with my current Sprint plan. Why is Verizon so popular? I don't like overpaying.
    07-22-09 07:32 PM
    i just picked one up and i'm trying to get it unlocked...
    07-22-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD