I bought my Tour on launch date and noticed especially lately that the trackball doesn't move as swiftly as it should. For example if I wanted to scroll left or right in an email, sometimes it would take me multiple attempts! I'm wondering if anyone else was having this issue and if you exchanged it at the store, did you still have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 07:20 AM
    Search this forum, there was a post yesterday about how to fix this issue. I personally cant find it right now for you but its here. Another solution is try messing around with your settings I use 80x80 and it seems to work great. I have no complaints at all about my trackball.
    07-22-09 07:28 AM
    I got mines replaced and it works great
    07-22-09 07:29 AM
    I agree. Its incredibly frustrating. I've messed with the settings and everything. The horizontal movement is terrible. It seems to get worse with time. I'm gonna have to get a replacement. I love everything else about this phone though.
    07-22-09 07:33 AM
    Was it the post about cleaning the trackball and changing the settings? I think I saw that one and tried the suggested fixes, but for some reason its still not scrolling properly. I think I will have to get mine replaced.

07-22-09 07:33 AM
    I have the same problem. I'm hoping that OS v5.0 fixes it. It seems that the Tour is "busy" doing other things and not paying attention to the track ball.
    07-22-09 07:35 AM
    There was a post started yesterday sometime about pressing down firmly on the track ball and moving it around and for some reason it was fixing a lot of peoples trackball issues. I would find the post because it told you how to do it exactly, It might not be as easy as just pressing down on it I just cant remember the wording but I did see it.
    07-22-09 07:36 AM
    07-22-09 07:40 AM
    Seriously, do the fix, it didn't work for me just using my thumb/finger, but once I used a roll of tape I was able to do it much better and it really worked.
    07-22-09 08:05 AM
    It is a software issue. You will notice scrolliing in emails,bbm, and text's is kind of wonky.

Open up your native browser and notice how the trackball movements are fine while moving the cursor around. Same thing while scrolling through icons.

Inputing data into text fields seems to mess with the responsiveness of the trackball. Its software if you are only experiencing this while inputing text.

I would experiment with a long bbm and text msg and see if you get the same thing. I'm willing to bet you do.

07-22-09 09:42 AM
    It is a software issue. You will notice scrolliing in emails,bbm, and text's is kind of wonky.

Open up your native browser and notice how the trackball movements are fine while moving the cursor around. Same thing while scrolling through icons.

Inputing data into text fields seems to mess with the responsiveness of the trackball. Its software if you are only experiencing this while inputing text.

I would experiment with a long bbm and text msg and see if you get the same thing. I'm willing to bet you do.

That might be the problem, but it could be another issue. My trackball would stick when scrolling from left to right. I took it into verizon and exchanged it for a new one. Never been happier and soooo glad I did. The new device works bautifully.
    07-22-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD