Does anyone else have this issue? As I already admitted in a previous forum... i am OCD... so this annoy's me. The background of the Google Maps icon is not the same shade as the other icons. This is noticeable when its on the home screen... Just wondering if this is a common issue...

The blackberry Tour is my favorite phone ever and I want it to be perfect...
    07-21-09 06:34 PM
    Looks just like my icon.

Btw, it's a phone but it's also a computer...it will never be perfect, so don't put it on a pedestal (especially when something goes wrong!)
    07-21-09 06:36 PM
    Mine's the same shade.
    07-21-09 06:36 PM
    I had this problem when I installed google maps. For some fluke of a reason the icon only half loaded and looked just wrong (would not react to highlight and bad coloring) I restarted the phone and it fixed it fine. Dont know why or how it happened.
    07-21-09 07:24 PM
    I think that the OPs problem is that the icon isn't transparent like the other ones.
    07-21-09 07:27 PM
    Take solace in the fact that your Google Maps actually functions. My Sprint Tour just uses triangulation.

On topic, however: My icon sometimes doesn't unfold when I highlight it but an override from Redirect will make it behave as expected. Maybe It'll help
    07-21-09 07:30 PM
    Bump for any other answers. It kind of bugs me that's it not transparent as well.
    08-01-09 11:04 PM
    Bump for any other answers. It kind of bugs me that's it not transparent as well.
    It is transparent just much darker than any other icon. But your right it is still not the same shade as every other icon.
    08-01-09 11:22 PM
    Does anyone else have this issue? As I already admitted in a previous forum... i am OCD... so this annoy's me. The background of the Google Maps icon is not the same shade as the other icons. This is noticeable when its on the home screen... Just wondering if this is a common issue...

The blackberry Tour is my favorite phone ever and I want it to be perfect...
    If you were really OCD, you wouldn't have used a conjunction for "annoy's"!

It really isn't an issue, that is how the icon is made. If you don't like it, you could remove it and install a map app that has the "perfect" transparency background
    08-01-09 11:31 PM
    I have the same shade too..
    08-01-09 11:39 PM
    Everyone does, I think it is just the way it is made.
    08-01-09 11:40 PM
    I have this problem as well... what really sucks is that I made a custom theme with 40 icons on the home screen and no 'tab' image under each icon so it really affects me, since I have all the applications I use on my homescreen and I don't usually go into the 'Applications' folder, etc... the google maps one (which I unfortunately use often) shows up with its lame black background, arrgghhh...

See attachment below for a screenshot.

People on the google support forums have asked for it to be fixed as well, but to no avail:
    ht tp://w w w.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=146d59b982960471&hl=en
    Last edited by trafsta; 08-14-09 at 01:27 PM.
    08-14-09 01:23 PM
    Before I purchased the HD FutureX theme, I had Google Maps on my home screen and had the same "problem." I ended up finding a cool image with a black background that I set as my home screen image, making the Google Maps icon a lot less noticeable.
    08-14-09 03:30 PM
    Yeah, I notice it too, but mine's not in the top 6, so it's kind of unnoticeable against the app screen background. Still, google should fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 04:51 PM
    i wish you could change 3rd party app icons... It would look so much better as the precision maps icon.
    08-14-09 04:53 PM
    it all work fine for me..................................
    08-14-09 05:57 PM
    it all work fine for me..................................
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    FAIL.

Please read. OP is talking about the Tour.
    08-14-09 10:47 PM
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    FAIL.

Please read. OP is talking about the Tour.
    lol And yeah I'm not sure about the Storm but it also exists on my Bold... I'm guessing there are some other models out there with the same problem... arrgghhh, I have a feeling this will never get fixed by Google :\
    08-14-09 10:59 PM
    i wish you could change 3rd party app icons... It would look so much better as the precision maps icon.
    I just use that icon for a folder and put the GMaps, Gokivo and Poynt icons all together in a folder called Navigation. The GMaps icon isn't as noticably darker against the default app list background as it is over a brighter background, so it's a win-win. Keeps clutter down, too.
    08-15-09 04:06 AM
    If you were really OCD, you wouldn't have used a conjunction for "annoy's"!
    Wow, before you flame someone for their grammar or possible typo, learn your parts of speech. That's a contraction, not a conjunction.

You can use a conjunction to link words, phrases, and clauses, as in the following example:

I ate the pizza and the pasta.
    08-15-09 09:52 AM
    I would love to have a different icon for Google maps. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
    09-01-09 02:06 PM
    As of v3.2 of Google Maps for BlackBerry's this problem has been FIXED! wOo hOo!
    10-22-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD