Listening to hour-long podcasts, it is really annoying not to be able to have the Storm remember where I was playing back the file. It forgets where I was any time I a) start up some other media file, or b) activate mass storage mode (IOW, plug it in to a USB port). Really annoying. iPods solved this more than five years ago, and the Storm seems to do it fine with videos.

Is this really not possible, or am I missing an easy fix?
    07-21-09 06:14 PM
    That's why I use PodTrapper.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:22 PM
    PodTrapper X2 FTW!!! ... easy to use and organizes podcasts/vodcasts within the app ... also plays them within the app. Search/Add new podcasts. Configure playlists. Schedule downloads to run only when charging, etc, etc, etc. If you like podcasts you need to spend the $10 on this one. Also great support from Marcus. Visit PodTrapper: BlackBerry podcatcher and podcast player - VersatileMonkey.com for more info.
    07-21-09 07:19 PM
    Looks interesting. I'm weary of using the data connection to download the podcasts. The files are kinda big. How often does it check for new episodes?

And what if what I'm listening to isn't a podcast? (IOW, what if it's downloaded manually rather than via an RSS feed, or ripped from a CD like an audiobook). BB Media Player should still handle this better.
    07-22-09 10:40 AM
    I have to say, PodCatcher looks pretty awesome so far. I was weary of downloading the podcasts with the device rather than with my computer, but I'm coming around. And yes, you can browse the entire SD card and play files from it, and it'll remember bookmarks in them, too.
    07-22-09 06:16 PM
    I have to say, PodCatcher looks pretty awesome so far. I was weary of downloading the podcasts with the device rather than with my computer, but I'm coming around. And yes, you can browse the entire SD card and play files from it, and it'll remember bookmarks in them, too.
    Yep, I'm not much of a fanboy for apps but PodTrapper has proven to be a must-have for me. I'm glad to see you have taken the time to give it a closer look.
    07-23-09 10:10 PM
    you'd have to dl over 160 mb a day to get close to the 5 gig cap. Use it! Your paying for it so you might as well use it. But Podtrapper does have a desktop utility you can download that allows you to only download podcasts from your desktop if you choose to.

btw, I too recommend podtrapper!
    07-24-09 01:21 AM
    you'd have to dl over 160 mb a day to get close to the 5 gig cap.
    Only if that was the only thing I was doing. It's not. But the two days I've been doing this, I've used between 60 and 120 MB per day according to verizon wireless's web site.

Use it! Your paying for it so you might as well use it. But Podtrapper does have a desktop utility you can download that allows you to only download podcasts from your desktop if you choose to.

btw, I too recommend podtrapper!
    I would use the desktop utility if a) it worked with a Mac, and b) it worked without needing my Blackberry connected to the computer.
    07-25-09 11:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure the myth that the Verizon "unlimited data plan" is being capped at 5gb has been debunked in these forums on quite a few occasions, including posts from Verizon employees. I've exceeded 5gb 2 out of the last 5 months and have never gotten anything on my bill to reflect it nor have I been summoned to a meeting with the Verizon Bandwidth Police.

Having said that, I'm sure the possibility exists that if you are not paying for the $45 per month "business plan" which allows tethering and are then using TetherBerry to run a laptop on a $30 per month OTA-only plan you might spark some interest on Verizon's part.

Keep an eye on your numbers and try not to go too far over too often and you should be fine.
    07-26-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD