Sprint will get the curve in black! I need that housing. The black is so sweet. If anyone knows who will sell that housing in black i need it. cnn.cn didn't have it. I bet T-mobile comes out with a rainbow of colors like they did with the pearl. Wounder how a white one would look.
    04-01-08 05:42 PM
    The sprint housing will not fit on yours because they moved the status light on it, sorry too say cause I was ready to change my Curve but no luck it's either colorware or painting it myself I guess
    04-01-08 05:50 PM
    what's colorware?
    04-01-08 05:57 PM
    yup... what he/she said. we all wanted the black one immediately, cuz its the best looking housing for a blackberry i think. even the send and end keys are nicer, but the status light is moved. oh well, one more reason to dislike cdma people. just joking.
    04-01-08 05:59 PM
    looking at the sprint curve and they sure did move the light. D D D
    04-01-08 06:00 PM
    To me it doesn't so much look like the moved the light at all. What it looks like to me is that they made the lens taller. If you notice the lens goes almost all the way to the top of the berry. It looks to be in just about the same position as it is on the other curves. I would think that if you were to change the housing to the sprint that the current LED would still show through with no problems.
    04-01-08 06:27 PM
    if thats the case then that would be cool. guess we wont know until sprint gets it in the stores. got my eye out.
    04-01-08 06:36 PM
    what's colorware?
    It is a company that paints many devices like xboxs, ipods, and most importantly Blackberries. I put there website below if you want to check it out.
    colorwarepc.com

yup... what he/she said
    I am a he lol
    04-01-08 07:38 PM
    self painted is better. I already know somebody that had theres done by colorware and its already messed up.
    04-01-08 07:50 PM
    Man that stinks that you can change the black housing with the silver ones.. I think the black is hideous looking.. I really like the silver/white one.. DAMN
    04-01-08 07:55 PM
    04-01-08 10:34 PM
    As an alternative you could try this full body skin from DecalGirl

BlackBerry Curve Skin - Solid State Black @ DecalGirl.com
    04-01-08 10:39 PM
    Naaah! Not feeling the Decalgirl thing. i want it all black. and no way am i gonna try painting this phone. i will wait and see if i can just get a real black case. and after looking at the 8330, it does look like the screen is just longer. the led might b in the same spot. we'll c.
    04-01-08 11:00 PM
    Dude, the black one is so nice
    May better than this crappy titanium color I got
    If there is a way to get a black curve let me know!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kickinitlive247; 04-02-08 at 05:46 AM. Reason: politically corrected myself!
    04-02-08 05:44 AM
    I used to customize electronics, paint, change led, build custom computer cases ect.

If you want to pant your curve, I would just get a replacement case, get some fine grit sandpaper and wet sand it down a bit, try and get as much of the original finish off as you can, then paint it with light even coats of vinyl dye. Its an aresol paint you can get at automotive stores, and is mainly used for painting car dashes and vinyl seating. The vinyl dye will actually seap in to the porus plastic giving you a smoother finish.
    04-02-08 10:19 AM
    i just want a matte black housing
    i dont want to paint it or send it to colorware
    i dont want to put the decal on it because i want it all black and any bubbles or imperfections would drive me absolutely nuts!
    maybe i could switch to sprint, but i dont think so...
    04-02-08 10:31 AM
    buy an extra housing, sand it, then paint it with black vinyl dye, very light even coats.
    04-02-08 10:33 AM
    I'm down with the black housing too...silver is ok but black rules.
    04-02-08 10:45 AM
    FYI the lights in the same spot the glass is bigger
    04-02-08 11:30 AM
    Glitch_BB knows what he is talking about. Its what I did
    04-02-08 11:35 AM
    LOL! Too much work. Really not that serious. I like the black, but if i can't get it then so b it. i do like the color i have, just like black better.
    04-02-08 11:39 AM
    2 weeks and this sweet phone will be in my hands! say goodbye razr
    04-02-08 11:57 AM
    ud think the name "black"berry would mean their phones were black.
    04-02-08 01:44 PM
    LOL LOL right!
    04-02-08 01:52 PM
    Hey guys & gals I just got my black curve from colorware pc (: Unfortunately money is tight right now so I'm gonna sell it. I don't know how to post pics, mayb sum1 can do it 4 me. I bought it off ebay & sent it 2 colorware a few days later I'm not trying to make a huge profit but I do want 2 break even at least. My total investment in this curve is $370 so when I get back home I'll give more details & pics & stuff. good day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 03:27 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD