*Update*

BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 Now official Via BlackBerry App World.

Hey all,

To help consolidate alot of the information regarding the new "Leaked" Blackberry Messenger 5.0 on Most devices..

We will have one master thread(Here) as well as the 5 other popular threads currently existing.. Which include fixes, and configurations, and even going back to the old BBM if you would like.

So if you have a question regarding the main app it's self, or a problem post on up!

Hope this helps.

BBM 5.0 Issues Thread

BBM 5.0 sending/recieving fix!

Whats Your Barcode?

How can I downgrade to the old BBM??

07-21-09 01:58 PM
    Dont know why I was sent here, none of these links helped.

But I'll repost my issue I suppose..

I purchased the tour, downloaded BBM 5.0 - have had nothing but problems with 5.0 (had to send messages 4+ times to get it to send, and then messagee would get all 4 messages an hour later), was planning on un-installing & re-installing original BBM, however I had to get a replacement of the Tour, so I left BBM 5.0 - and being quite stupid, I did a device change with DM, and it moved 5.0 over onto my new phone. Thought no problem, I would do the same thing however now in Applications I have no Blackberry Messanger, I have "net_rim_bb_qm_peer" and I can't delete this option, I've tried a hard reset, still nothing. Ideas?
    07-21-09 02:08 PM
    There is a link for 5.0 issues above.... There would be a good place where others are having or have had problems.
    07-21-09 02:12 PM
    Love all the upgrades on BBM 5.0, but I ran into some problems that I have found elsewhere in the forums. My messages aren't always delivered (sometimes they're seriously delayed), and after recently doing a battery pull, I lost the "recent updates" portion of BBM 5.0 where it informs you of all the recent status updates. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    07-21-09 02:28 PM
    Dont know why I was sent here, none of these links helped.

But I'll repost my issue I suppose..

I purchased the tour, downloaded BBM 5.0 - have had nothing but problems with 5.0 (had to send messages 4+ times to get it to send, and then messagee would get all 4 messages an hour later), was planning on un-installing & re-installing original BBM, however I had to get a replacement of the Tour, so I left BBM 5.0 - and being quite stupid, I did a device change with DM, and it moved 5.0 over onto my new phone. Thought no problem, I would do the same thing however now in Applications I have no Blackberry Messanger, I have "net_rim_bb_qm_peer" and I can't delete this option, I've tried a hard reset, still nothing. Ideas?
    You were sent here because you need to read the last link of downgrading to the old BBM.
    07-21-09 02:51 PM
    Have the issues been resolved? I am no longer noticing a delay, it seems all messages are going through as well as showing the D and R?!?!
    07-21-09 04:10 PM
    Mines working great since yesterday morning. No delays anymore.

Love the new format.
    07-21-09 08:31 PM
    No issues for me or anyone I've helped upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 09:14 PM
    I have had zero issues from start to finish and did my download OTA and everything is flying perfect!!!
    07-22-09 08:06 AM
    I love the new 5.0 no problems on my end!

07-22-09 08:23 AM
    OTA list being added.....
    07-22-09 10:54 AM
    Hi, I downloaded new bbm and it completely deleted bbm all together I have a verizon 8330 Curve...I was able to find a link through these blogs to get my old bbm back. I noticed everyone talking about OS and OTA?? where can I find these?? Please advise guys...Thanks!!!
    07-22-09 11:14 AM
    i have a few little problems but oh well, overall good stuff, and THANK YOU YESTER for combining all these....

if i saw about thread about bbm i was going to going on a shooting spree.
    07-22-09 11:18 AM
    So, I figured out that I have a 4.5.0.77...thats the reason it does not work rt?? I had to go back to old bbm..is there anyway I can update my software??
    07-22-09 11:22 AM
    My relationship with the new bbm started our good, then got a little bit rocky. Almost left her for my ex bbm, but then 5.0 started to act right. Now we r living happily ever affter lol

07-22-09 12:53 PM
    I really want to try this new version, but I rely too heavily on BBM so I'm waiting for more results. Beta software gives me the heebie-jeebies!
    07-22-09 02:18 PM
    someone posted about internal rim software i downloaded the ota and didnt know to remove this can someone help me get bbm off my phone and back to the old version i tried removing it via dm and it still 5.0
    07-22-09 02:58 PM
    None of the OTA links work for me ... I've tried at least a dozen. Running 5.00.100 on a Bold. Every singe one says 'Download failed' every single time. I've tried the 4.6, the 4.7.1 ... I just don't know what the issue is and I've never had problems like this trying to get something working on my BB. Grr. Any help, tips, thoughts?
    07-22-09 06:01 PM
    Anyone know how to get your status update to show what song you're listening to?

07-22-09 06:05 PM
    anyone else receive an email from BBMADMIN?

Never saw this before, here's the text:
    Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team
    ---e---44#fr3vl7TCdyWF4hH7nWb8Fyzyzr1HGIpnac//9SQVliQ=

What the hell? Also, I noticed today that I got an email request for a contact add in BBM, that's something new as well.

Any insight?
    07-22-09 06:05 PM
    IF YOU ARE RUNNING 83XX/81XX/88XX WITH OS LOWER THEN 4.5.0.131. IT WON�T WORK
    The 4.5 version restriction only applies to CDMA devices for some reason.

BBM 5.0 runs perfectly on the 8320 running 4.5.0.81

07-22-09 06:52 PM
    I know a lot of people, including myself, got it but I have no clue why.

07-22-09 06:53 PM
    Guyz i have a problem. I just updated my BBM to the new version and I am using the 9500 Storm BTW. When I finished downloading and updating it, I lost all my contacts and I had not backup my old contacts. is there any way to get the old contacts back?
    07-22-09 08:21 PM
    So what exactly is the recovery email thing for? I see it in edit my info. It shows the four email addresses that I have pushed to my phone. What does my email have to do with bbm? Why do I need the recovery thing and how would I use it if I needed to? How would I KNOW if I needed to?
    07-22-09 10:44 PM
    I just downloaded it and it is nice that my pearl can get a 5.0 upgrade now if I just had people that use BB messenger to talk to.

07-22-09 11:35 PM
307 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD