Hey All,

I'm new to the site and will be getting the Tour through Verizon once I'm eligible for my upgrade in August. This will be my first BB

Question is: Are there any other recurring fees associated with the Tetherberry app other than the $49.95 cost? I'm thinking about purchasing this for my home and when I travel. I don't use the internet much at home and I am aware the connection speed is much slower.

Will I run into any additional fees if I purchase this app and connect it to my laptop?

Thanks all and sorry for the newbie question!
    Last edited by tK715; 07-21-09 at 02:21 PM.
    07-21-09 12:59 PM
    no it is a one time fee
    07-21-09 02:15 PM
    ^Awesome, thanks for the reply!
    07-21-09 02:25 PM
    no it is a one time fee
    From the software provider. Technically you are supposed to sign up for the tethering plan through Verizon and if you don't and are caught they can charge you for the data use. I have never heard of it happening but it is possible. Just keep your use under 5GB's a month and you should be fine.
    07-21-09 02:30 PM
    From the software provider. Technically you are supposed to sign up for the tethering plan through Verizon and if you don't and are caught they can charge you for the data use. I have never heard of it happening but it is possible. Just keep your use under 5GB's a month and you should be fine.
    Hmm, interesting...Thanks for the heads up.
    07-21-09 04:15 PM
    If you sign up for the Tethering plan then what is the point in getting Tetherberry?
    07-21-09 05:17 PM
    If you sign up for the Tethering plan then what is the point in getting Tetherberry?
    There isn't one but thought I should point out the potential liability to him.
    07-21-09 08:02 PM
    There isn't one but thought I should point out the potential liability to him.
    The point is if you DON'T sign up for the tethering plan. I, for one, would not use it often enough to justify paying an extra monthly fee but would like to be able to do so occasionally if I needed to. So would be willing to buy tetherberry if that will allow me to tether on Verizon once in a long while. Would that work as long as I don't go overboard (>5GB)?
    07-24-09 01:46 PM
    The point is if you DON'T sign up for the tethering plan. I, for one, would not use it often enough to justify paying an extra monthly fee but would like to be able to do so occasionally if I needed to. So would be willing to buy tetherberry if that will allow me to tether on Verizon once in a long while. Would that work as long as I don't go overboard (>5GB)?
    If you are using it occasionally, why not just use the service that Verizon offers already?

For Blackberry users, you can add Mobile Broadband to your account for $1/day (or less)--for a total of $30/month on top of your normal voice/BIS service.

That means that 50 days of Verizon tethering would be cheaper than Tetherberry and you wouldn't be violating your terms of service. Further, you would be supporting an honorable business practice from Verizon--they aren't asking customers to lock into a Mobile Broadband contract.

It takes roughly 2 minutes and it's a free call (611) to turn it on or turn it off.
    07-24-09 03:41 PM

I understand and agree with what you are saying but if one day for whatever reason they caught on and started charging for it at the bill would be huge. There are ways to do it without tetherberry or any other software. I just set mine up over bluetooth in five minutes and it works flawlessly.
    07-24-09 04:54 PM
    I understand and agree with what you are saying but if one day for whatever reason they caught on and started charging for it at the bill would be huge. There are ways to do it without tetherberry or any other software. I just set mine up over bluetooth in five minutes and it works flawlessly.
    Now this is what I'd like to know. How did you do it without tetherberry or any other software?
    07-24-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD