I have an idea for an app. I haven't seen this app anywhere and would like to make it. I just dint know where to begin with it. and also, since in kinda on a tight budget, I'd like to make some kind of money on this idea. Can anyone help me out?

p.s. i am new to this and also will not be giving away my idea lol
    07-21-09 12:49 PM
    Welcome t85konrad,

You have several options for building your app, some depend on the market you intend to sell it to, most require dealing with the OS (and the screen sizes) of the devices your app will run on.

Java app - Provides the most control over how the app will function, and probably requires the most effort to develop. App can be use by BES users, or consumers (depending on how you build the app to interact with network connections). Some things to consider are the OS on the device you need/want to support, which will determine if you will need to make separate versions of your app to handle the subtle differences in each OS. Deploying app upgrades can be tricky.

Broswer app - Can be relatively easy to develop depending on your skill at building web apps. Deploying app upgrades is simple since everything resides on the web server. Still need to consider the OS on the device since the browser capabilities can vary. Need to consider if you will require javascript and how to manage this setting on the user's browser since they may or may not be able to enable.

MDS Runtime - Can be relatively easy to develop but requires BES users and the MDS-IS in place. Devices require the MDS Runtime installed on the device, which can be difficult depending on the OS. GUI for the app is limited to what the MDS Runtime allows.

You probably will want to head over to the RIM Developer web site where each of these are explained in much more detail.

Hope that helps get you started.

fbrimm
    07-21-09 01:28 PM
    h ttp://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/

All the info you'll need

(space in link because i'm a newbie and can't post links yet; should have posted this in a new post instead of editing )
    07-26-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD