Alright, so here's the deal.

My old bold wasn't working right (a connection issue) so att sent me a new phone (refurbished) at no cost. The problem is, when I connect my phone to my computer through USB I am not able to view the files on my bold through the windows explorer. Nothing pops up on the screen and its not even listed in My Computer. The only thing that happens is it tells me that my device is working properly. I am able to connect to desktop manager and do everything I need to do through there, but I want to be able to quickly add/remove files.

I thought the problem had to do with the current version I had on the phone so I upgraded to the latest version (the one stickied in this forum), but still no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 10:49 AM
    Options>Memory>Auto Enable mass storage = Yes
    07-21-09 04:14 PM
    try vak1's suggestion first..its the "easy and hopefully it'll work" option...

If not.. go here http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/mas...orking-201956/

this seems to be an issue with referb'd bolds. Mine had the same issue. Your not alone!

Carlos
    07-21-09 05:11 PM
    1st option, already tried.. and nothing.

2nd option, will try that now.

thank you
    07-24-09 03:59 PM
    1st option, already tried.. and nothing.

2nd option, will try that now.

thank you
    I have this problem unless I open the media app and look at a picture, song, etc, and then plug in the cord. Try and see if that works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 06:52 PM
    Well here it is!
    11-01-09 08:13 PM
    please see below the response from RIM which was copied from BlackBerry Technical Solution Center. So it is certainly a know issue.

There is also a link to the Official tool from RIM to repair this issue.

Overview
    The BlackBerry smartphone is not displayed as a Mass Storage Device within Microsoft� Windows� Device Manager, despite the fact that USB Mass Storage is enabled on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Cause
    USB Mass Storage is not properly enabled on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Resolution
    Important: Downloading and running the following tool will trigger a reset of your BlackBerry smartphone. Upon reset, your BlackBerry smartphone may require several minutes to boot up.

Note: This tool is compatible for use with a PC only, and will not work if used with a MAC

Complete the following steps:

• Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    • Click on the following link http://www.blackberry.com/hotfix/2009fall/calfix.exe to download and run the tool. A new window will open.
    • If your BlackBerry smartphone is password protected, you will be prompted for the password to authorize the installation.
    • When the update is completed, the window will close and the BlackBerry smartphone will reset.
    • After the BlackBerry smartphone resets, USB Mass Storage functionality will be restored.

Additional Information
    If the problem persists, refer to Microsoft KB article 297694, or visit the Microsoft Help and Support Site and search for "New drive or mapped network drive not available in Windows Explorer".
    11-01-09 08:15 PM
    Will this work with the tour? I'm new blackberry and would like to be able to access it like a drive in windows explorer but it isn't even listed as a device in there. It is in device manager.

Thanks
    12-02-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD