I have had my blackberry curve for about 2 or 3 months,and today I went swimming. I had left it on the counter on the far end of room I was swimming in. There was no water near it,and it has a protective case around the screen and keypad,and when I had gone back to get it the keypad does not work at all. If I leave it alone,then it just randomly pressing the U button by itself,and the trackball is not working. None of the buttons on my phone work,I have tried to clean it,I even let it air out just in case and nothing has worked. Someone please help!!
    07-21-09 10:39 AM
    The first suspect is your Battery.

It is normal for a BlackBerry to shut down when the power remaining drops below a predetermined level.

If you does not accept a charge now, remove the battery and clean the four Gold contacts. Try charging it again.

If that still does not work, swap in a known good battery to confirm or rule that out.
    07-21-09 10:44 AM
    My father had to told me to try that last night,and still none of my buttons work,I still continue to recieve text messages and phone calls,I cannot not answer them,or look at them.
    07-21-09 10:51 AM
    Have you taken it to T-Mobile? If the stickers on the inside of your berry don't show water damage, the generally will swap you out for a new one. Give it a shot...
    07-21-09 12:18 PM
    If you DO have water damage put the phone in a bowl of rice for a night or so... that would fix the water damage problem.
    07-21-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD