When I first installed BBM 5.0 I couldn't see my friends avatars, those who also had 5.0 on their device. I had to set a picture for them of my own in my address book. All of a sudden today I noticed that a bunch of them have changed to pictures I don't have set in my address book.

It seems not that I can see the avatar that they have set on their device?

What I did toady different? I re-sent my service books and also went to options>advanced options>host routing table, hit menu>register now, then re booted. idk if that did anything. But I now see user set avatars!

Anyone else notice this?
    07-21-09 10:18 AM
    I notice this and very happy. Now I bet all those people going back to the old bbm will be upgrading back to the new bbm!
    07-21-09 10:27 AM
    I notice this and very happy. Now I bet all those people going back to the old bbm will be upgrading back to the new bbm!
    Yes! I was frustrated with the message delays and a few other bugs, but I told myself I'd give it a good one week run. I couldn't tell if the issues was with the software, or with rim servers. so ima hang in there.
    07-21-09 10:29 AM
    I read on another post to just re-upload your avatar. That worked for me!
    How do you re-send service books?
    07-21-09 10:50 AM
    I read on another post to just re-upload your avatar. That worked for me!
    How do you re-send service books?
    Log into bis and resend them there. I didn't reload my avatar, just re-sent service books and re-registered and re-booted. I really did that to resolve the message delays, then I noticed all my avatars changed...
    07-21-09 10:54 AM
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering if anyone has tried to downgrade to the old bbm?
    I tried to and the application in desktop showed it as a downgrade but once the sync was finalized the new was still there.

Any idea's?
    07-21-09 11:01 AM
    where could i get BBM 5.0?
    07-21-09 11:03 AM
    I think you need to delete it from your device first and then downgrade
    07-21-09 11:03 AM
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering if anyone has tried to downgrade to the old bbm?
    I tried to and the application in desktop showed it as a downgrade but once the sync was finalized the new was still there.

Any idea's?
    Did you overwrite the alx and cod files in the os installed? if so, remove the OS, redownload the os and reinstall bbm.
    07-21-09 11:04 AM
    Also, I read on another forum that RIM made the change to allow avatars for those running 5.0.
    07-21-09 11:06 AM
    where could i get BBM 5.0?
    Are you serious, google bbm 5.0 and pick from X amount of OTA links.

Also, I read on another forum that RIM made the change to allow avatars for those running 5.0.
    If this is true, then it only proves that things are changing daily. So I'm definaltely holding out with 5.0. I know people that downgraded after the first bug, they never gave it a chance.
    07-21-09 11:14 AM
    Did you overwrite the alx and cod files in the os installed? if so, remove the OS, redownload the os and reinstall bbm.
    I did overwrite the java file to load it but I have since deleted the .282 and reloaded it with the original OS with the old messenger. The original messenger shows it to downgrade but nothing changes when completed.

Any other idea's?
    07-21-09 11:18 AM
    I did overwrite the java file to load it but I have since deleted the .282 and reloaded it with the original OS with the old messenger. The original messenger shows it to downgrade but nothing changes when completed.

Any other idea's?
    As stated above, delete it first from your device. Then reload the OS.
    07-21-09 11:21 AM
    Yes I noticed this change last night. Very nice.
    07-21-09 11:21 AM
    Sorry, I didn't notice your original post above.

It worked great though... Thanks!!
    07-21-09 11:29 AM
    I am able to view other peoples Avatars, but they are unable to view my own. I noticed this morning that my brother picture had changed to a photo that I do not have in my possession. I asked him if he could see my avatar and he was unable to see it along with another 5.0 BBM user.
    07-21-09 12:05 PM
    does everyone still have there recents updates cause mine is gone?
    07-21-09 01:18 PM
    I am able to view other peoples Avatars, but they are unable to view my own. I noticed this morning that my brother picture had changed to a photo that I do not have in my possession. I asked him if he could see my avatar and he was unable to see it along with another 5.0 BBM user.
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications > BBM 5.0 > Edit permissions > Set all to allow

Did that last night and then all was right world the world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 01:26 PM
    ive resent both service books and the host routing table and set thhe permissions to allow all im still having trouble seeing ppls avatars but connections is better which is a plus compared to first downloading it.
    07-21-09 01:55 PM
    ive resent both service books and the host routing table and set thhe permissions to allow all im still having trouble seeing ppls avatars but connections is better which is a plus compared to first downloading it.
    Did you reboot?

07-22-09 12:05 AM
    Ya its working pretty smooth now avatars and communication.

07-22-09 12:44 AM
    i love the new bbm!
    07-22-09 06:51 AM
    I had this happen although I didn't do anything. All I can figure is that when my phone rebooted it fixed itself. Nice.
    07-22-09 07:36 AM
    I'm running 5.0 BBM and very happy with it so far

07-22-09 10:23 AM
    I upgraded my OS and now I see my avatar, but not my contacts' avatars. BBM 5.0 works fine otherwise.

I've sent service books, set all permissions to allow, and pulled the battery. Is there anything else I can do so I'm able to see my contacts' avatars?
    10-02-09 02:16 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD