I am very happy with my Tour except for the trackball. It intermittently lags, freezes, and jumps around. I've tried to ignore it because my phone sounds great, looks great, and otherwise works great, but I think I need a replacement. I've been in two local VZW stores to ask about my battery cover (which was loose and I got a new cover but it really is all a moot point once you get a case on the Tour). They were much less than helpful. I am thinking I will call CS and try to get an exchange through them. Any advice? I have been a VZW customer for about 15 yrs, always pay on time, relatively expensive plan, only change phones every couple of years, have never exchanged before.
    07-21-09 02:16 AM
    I am very happy with my Tour except for the trackball. It intermittently lags, freezes, and jumps around. I've tried to ignore it because my phone sounds great, looks great, and otherwise works great, but I think I need a replacement. I've been in two local VZW stores to ask about my battery cover (which was loose and I got a new cover but it really is all a moot point once you get a case on the Tour). They were much less than helpful. I am thinking I will call CS and try to get an exchange through them. Any advice? I have been a VZW customer for about 15 yrs, always pay on time, relatively expensive plan, only change phones every couple of years, have never exchanged before.
    VZW has a Worry Free Guarantee Policy. You are still within 30 days with the device you can return it/exchange it for any device that you want under that policy. You may just have to pay for the difference if any for the exchange. Did you order the phone online or did you go to the store??? If you ordered online you have to call CS. If you went into the store to get it then the store can make the exchange however it makes me mad because half the time they never do their jobs. I use to work for CS for VZW so I know all about it. CS is 95% of the time the best way to go in my opinion. Hope that helps let me know if you have any other questions.
    07-21-09 02:40 AM
    Really? They have only been around since 2000.
    07-21-09 05:08 AM
    This is my 3rd Tour. I ordered mine online and had issues with the crackling sounds coming from the speaker. Took it in the store with my online receipt and exchanged it. The very next day, I had issues with the sound quality- a buzzing sound that was annoying whenever the backlight would come on and a loose fitting trackball- exchanged it for another Tour, a charmer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:38 AM
    Thanks for all the help.

Gotnoteeth, you're right, my original carrier was CellularOne now that I think of it. They must have gotten absorbed by VZW at some point. I have never changed carriers.
    07-21-09 10:41 AM
    Really? They have only been around since 2000.
    I've had Verizon since the early '90s...but they were Bell Atlantic
    07-21-09 10:50 AM
    i am having the same problem with the phone. my wifes tour the trackball is PERFECT no lag or anything then mine is crappy. gonna go to a vzw store in a bit
    07-21-09 01:16 PM
    Man this is really disheartening with all these trackball problems. I have a feeling getting this phone is going to turn into a royal pain
    07-21-09 01:19 PM
    yea i thought about taking my tour back and keeping the wifes storm
    07-21-09 01:21 PM
    I just called, and they say I have to go to the store to exchange. I am not looking forward to this as I am sure the trackball will behave while I am there and I have not had good experiences with store reps. Ugh!
    07-21-09 01:27 PM

Took my wifey's phone in due to trackball issues and was told it was lag between it and the software on the phone. VZW rep told me there will be an update in about two weeks(this was last Saturday)that will supposedly fix this issue.
    07-21-09 01:36 PM
    I ordered online & had all the same problems so I went to a corp store & manger said the trackball is just like that. I told him none of others were and he said because its a whole new phone with all new software, blah, blah. So we debated a bit & got no where, evev when I asked about the 30 day worry free. Basically left with nothing resolved so I went home & called CS. After going through all the steps I already tried they agreed to send me a new one.

Got that one yesterday and the trackball stopped spining to the right & then the left, so called them back & told them I was leaving out of town this morning so he called that same store & told me to go there & they would replace trackball.

So I go back & get a great woman who just says "I will just exchange your phone since you have had so many issues" & thank god because I finally got a good one. I even asked to try one made in Canada since my first 2 were from Mexico. So now I am a happy ower once again : )

07-21-09 01:55 PM
    what do you know it was acting normal at vzw
    07-21-09 05:08 PM
    Man this is really disheartening with all these trackball problems. I have a feeling getting this phone is going to turn into a royal pain

Its not a royal pain at all. My phone has been working perfectly. I haven't had any snag ups with the track ball and actually that was a major issue with my last Curve. Don't let all the negative ruin this for you. This is a forum. Somebody already said all forums by default turn into a negative rant fest because the people that are having issues are looking for solutions. On the other hand people who aren't having issues are just kicking back and smiling as they read through all these rants and raves. . You won't be disappointed, best Blacky yet

07-21-09 05:22 PM
    Don't be discouraged. It's really a great phone! I'm even trying to convince myself the trackball is ok. Am tweaking sensitivity again.
    07-21-09 10:33 PM
    Took my wifey's phone in due to trackball issues and was told it was lag between it and the software on the phone. VZW rep told me there will be an update in about two weeks(this was last Saturday)that will supposedly fix this issue.
    Lol... Reminds me of all the 'two weeks' posts with the storm. Doubtful at best that this rep knows what they're talking about, in the least.

07-21-09 11:14 PM
    This is my 3rd Tour. I ordered mine online and had issues with the crackling sounds coming from the speaker. Took it in the store with my online receipt and exchanged it. The very next day, I had issues with the sound quality- a buzzing sound that was annoying whenever the backlight would come on and a loose fitting trackball- exchanged it for another Tour, a charmer!

was your buzzing more prevalent when you were on a call?

is there anymore buzzing at all with your new one?
    08-04-09 09:25 AM
    I had the issue with the trackball. I called VZW customer service, explained to them I've changed all trackball settings and still experiencing issues. The replaced my Tour no questions asked...I must say the replacement Tour works perfectly!!

RJ
    08-04-09 09:52 AM
    I've had Verizon since the early '90s...but they were Bell Atlantic
    Me too. I was originally Bell Atlantic when they merged with all those different companies to become VZW.
    08-04-09 11:52 AM
    So I go back & get a great woman who just says "I will just exchange your phone since you have had so many issues" & thank god because I finally got a good one. I even asked to try one made in Canada since my first 2 were from Mexico. So now I am a happy ower once again : )
    and the CS rep was knowledgeable enough to know if one was made in Canada or Mexico?
    08-04-09 11:59 AM
    I also took my tour in to the verizon store an they exchanged it no questions asked
    08-04-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD