I am trying to find an app that will allow me to stream music (NOT RADIO) like what dizzler or imeem does. Imeem and dizzler do not support blackberry so does anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks
    Jeff
    07-20-09 10:17 PM
    I only use pandora
    I hope you get your answer
    07-20-09 10:21 PM
    I have pandora now but i am tring to find an app/site that will allow me to pick the songs i want to hear.
    07-20-09 10:21 PM
    Pandora is great, highly recommend it
    07-20-09 10:22 PM
    Great for random songs, but I want to be able to actually pic the song I want to listen to
    07-20-09 10:23 PM
    Not trying to be a **** here but why don't you load up some playlists

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:27 PM
    You can do that in Pandora?
    07-20-09 10:30 PM
    Does anyone have suggestion for Canada?
    07-20-09 10:35 PM
    Just load up some MP3s on your SD card through media manager. I'm a Mac user so can't get too specific. Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:35 PM
    Im trying to get STREAMING MUSIC, not music from an sd card.
    07-20-09 10:37 PM
    Streaming from where?

You can stream music from your home PC using Orb and the BB browser (the orb setup is also used in Winamp Remote).

I don't know of any legal way to stream music you don't own while having the ability to pick individual songs.
    07-20-09 11:20 PM
    You can pull up individual songs on Slacker Radio to an extent
    07-20-09 11:32 PM
    Slacker isnt bad..
    07-20-09 11:34 PM
    I'm talking about sites like imeem or dizzler. Where you can type in a name of a song or artist and listen to the song of your choice...
    07-21-09 03:05 AM
    bump still looking for some help
    07-21-09 09:47 AM
    bump still cant find an answer to this
    07-23-09 03:18 AM
    There is no app like this. These websites use flash based players.
    07-23-09 05:20 AM
    What you want is something like Orb. Go to www.orb.com to read up on it. I use it and its great for what it is.

No to hijack this thread, but has anyone been able to get Orb to work on the Tour? I had no trouble with my curve, but this Tour has been giving me trouble trying to stream through Orb.

I'm using the BB Browser set to identify as the BB Browser and I've tried identifying as Firefox and IE with no luck.

Thanks!
    07-23-09 12:55 PM
    Jharder01: Having major issues with my Tour media player also. I can't get anything to stream on it like I did with my old 8830.
    I started a thread on this earlier, but no responses. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with our Tour media player??

Jeff: have you tried moodio.fm? It's a fantastic site. Go there,create a username and password. Then dial in m.moodio.fm from your BB and bam..all of your stations you've uploaded are ready for you to listen to. Sounds great in the car over bluetooth as well.
    07-23-09 01:33 PM
    Pandora or slacker.. Slacker you can only skip so many songs an hour though unless you get the premium service. I think it was like $14 for a year.

Slacker does allow you to cache stations to your card so it will play when you don't even have signal.
    07-23-09 01:39 PM
    SLACKER!!! Slacker is way better than Pandora!! I don't know why people even still bother with Pandora...Slacker allows you to cache stations so that you can jam even if you don't have cellular coverage. Also Slacker has like 4 times as many songs as Pandora....it's really no contest...
    07-23-09 03:44 PM
    What you want is something like Orb. Go to MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software to read up on it. I use it and its great for what it is.

No to hijack this thread, but has anyone been able to get Orb to work on the Tour? I had no trouble with my curve, but this Tour has been giving me trouble trying to stream through Orb.

I'm using the BB Browser set to identify as the BB Browser and I've tried identifying as Firefox and IE with no luck.

Thanks!
    Yeah, it works for me. Mostly.

The test site won't play videos. My own videos stream ok, but there's a lot of blocking (probably has to do with my speed settings, which I haven't played around with much).

Audio streams fine, but the album cover art (which is embedded in the .mp3s) doesn't show up.

I have my default format set as 3GP and have uPnP off (settings I changed due to having an iPod Touch) if that helps. And it works for me no matter what I set the BB browser identification to (currently it's Firefox).
    07-23-09 05:13 PM
    How the **** did u get orb to work. I cant get past the account setup portion...

Keeps saying it can not establish a connection to the server or whatever...
    07-23-09 05:29 PM
    How the **** did u get orb to work. I cant get past the account setup portion...

Keeps saying it can not establish a connection to the server or whatever...
    Dunno, I've had it running for about a year. Installed it, made an account, tweaked a few settings (for my iPod) and it's worked fine since then.

You do have the Orb server software running on a PC with an account name, right?

If so, do you have your PC firewall settings set to allow Orb to pass data?
    07-23-09 06:35 PM
    Does Pandora work or Slacker work on the Tour 9630, when I went to the sites to download they said not compatible with the 9630.
    07-24-09 07:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD