I am on the sidelines waiting impatiently for the onyx. Mytouch 3g nagging at me to purchase it. Should I wait? I really want the onyx.
    07-20-09 06:06 PM
    If you like your blackberry stick with it you wont be disappointed when the Onyx comes out....or you can even buy the mytouch and use it to see how you like it over your 8900 and just return it if you don't like it within the 14 days tmobile gives.

Personally I cannot see myself with another touch screen phone, gets annoying sometimes.
    07-20-09 06:42 PM
    If you like your blackberry stick with it you wont be disappointed when the Onyx comes out....or you can even buy the mytouch and use it to see how you like it over your 8900 and just return it if you don't like it within the 14 days tmobile gives.

Personally I cannot see myself with another touch screen phone, gets annoying sometimes.
    Thanks man! That was really helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:45 PM
    Thanks man! That was really helpful.

I wouldn't get a android phone. That's my opinion though.
    07-20-09 10:04 PM
    I wouldn't get a android phone. That's my opinion though.
    I second this. Android to me is very unstable. I would definitely wait it out for the Onyx, it seems like a promising device .

-Luis
    07-20-09 10:06 PM
    Forgive my blunt observation but did you just ask "should I go for a woman, or pickup the first hairy smelly trans down the street"?

Android is still so very ALPHA, it is not even close to a beta release. So many vulnerabilities, so many faults, some of them tough to fix. I have a couple of friends working at Google Maps - most of them have (personal) iPhones and BBerries but none of them is with an Android. What does that tell you?
    07-21-09 07:55 AM
    I am on the sidelines waiting impatiently for the onyx. Mytouch 3g nagging at me to purchase it. Should I wait? I really want the onyx.
    OMG

I am having the same exact issue as you. I want a new phone so bad and t-mobile is about to drop the MyTouch and its sooo tempting to get it but im trying to hold out and see if they will get the Onyx. Android OS does not seem like its 100% yet so I want my next phone to be a BB. But it hurts waiting for the phone to release when there's no release date

The Onyx is bad *** best BB i've seen so far. I kind of hold myself from getting new phone because better ones come out but i have to move on this Onyx....something about it caught my eye.
    07-26-09 11:03 AM
    i am so amazed at this hype over the mytouch 3g! Guess what its a g1 without a keyboard, thats it! Same cupcake os and all! Ya theres alot you can do with android but that requires quite simply, a mac and a partitioned sd card! Hack away if thats what you like but trust a man whos been there done that! Stability is where its at for everday use!
    07-26-09 05:48 PM
    i am so amazed at this hype over the mytouch 3g! Guess what its a g1 without a keyboard, thats it! Same cupcake os and all! Ya theres alot you can do with android but that requires quite simply, a mac and a partitioned sd card! Hack away if thats what you like but trust a man whos been there done that! Stability is where its at for everday use!
    To be frank, the MyTouch is just a G1 without keyboard. The only reason i even care about it is because i am a t-mobile user and the only good phones they have are the 8900 and the upcoming MyTouch. Im due for a upgrade and i need a new phone. But idk if i should wait to see if Tmobile will get the Onyx or jump on the 8900 or MyTouch. Im not a fan of the andriod OS and it moves choppy when i have used it. The BB device are a more serious kind of phone and the Onyx seems to be the best BB to date. But with no release date its hard to hold on and wait. It seems that everyone already has the 8900 so that kinda a turn off for me but it is a good phone. But why would I get it when something better is coming out (Onyx) ? I'll try my best and wait because my next phone will be my phone for a few years.
    07-26-09 07:13 PM
    To be frank, the MyTouch is just a G1 without keyboard. The only reason i even care about it is because i am a t-mobile user and the only good phones they have are the 8900 and the upcoming MyTouch. Im due for a upgrade and i need a new phone. But idk if i should wait to see if Tmobile will get the Onyx or jump on the 8900 or MyTouch. Im not a fan of the andriod OS and it moves choppy when i have used it. The BB device are a more serious kind of phone and the Onyx seems to be the best BB to date. But with no release date its hard to hold on and wait. It seems that everyone already has the 8900 so that kinda a turn off for me but it is a good phone. But why would I get it when something better is coming out (Onyx) ? I'll try my best and wait because my next phone will be my phone for a few years.
    with your situation I would try the mytouch for the 14 days and then decide! I am about to buy my wife a white 8520 on release for full price seeing as no upgrade for us and will keep myself busy until the onyx or storm 2 is ready!
    07-26-09 08:00 PM
    with your situation I would try the mytouch for the 14 days and then decide! I am about to buy my wife a white 8520 on release for full price seeing as no upgrade for us and will keep myself busy until the onyx or storm 2 is ready!
    Good thinking. Whats the process for the 14 try out? Do I have to pay? and if I do does the money come back to me if I decide to return it?
    07-26-09 10:02 PM
    Forgive my blunt observation but did you just ask "should I go for a woman, or pickup the first hairy smelly trans down the street"?
    ROFLMAO! You just made me spit my Dr. Pepper at my iMac over that one..
    07-27-09 07:40 AM
    OMG

I am having the same exact issue as you. I want a new phone so bad and t-mobile is about to drop the MyTouch and its sooo tempting to get it but im trying to hold out and see if they will get the Onyx. Android OS does not seem like its 100% yet so I want my next phone to be a BB. But it hurts waiting for the phone to release when there's no release date

The Onyx is bad *** best BB i've seen so far. I kind of hold myself from getting new phone because better ones come out but i have to move on this Onyx....something about it caught my eye.
    Personally if I were you i'd hold out on the myTouch 3G.
    07-27-09 07:41 AM
    And how much are you expecting the 8520 to be full retail?
    07-27-09 07:42 AM
    Last but not least, is it *confirmed* that if and when the Onyx is released on T-Mobile, will it support T-Mo's 3G frequency?
    07-27-09 07:43 AM
    I second this. Android to me is very unstable. I would definitely wait it out for the Onyx, it seems like a promising device .

-Luis
    unstable??? how you figure? i had the G1 5 months before i got the 8900 and i can say this not once did i ever have to reboot the phone, it never froze, it never crashed all those batter pulls u do on a bb i never had to with android. i would definitely get a mytouch but i will also get the onyx.
    07-27-09 07:52 AM
    the same can be said about every bb thats come out in the last year plus the ones to come "THERE IS NOTHING NEW IN ANY BLACKBERRY" same os, a lil upgrade to bbm, and the os wow what a big difference bb is at a standstill no other way to say it... even boygenious wrote about this the webbrowser is like one of the worst on any phone,developers cant even make any serious games because the os is so ****ty. times are moving forward and berry seems to just be sitting down.
    07-27-09 07:58 AM
    Me personally i really have nothing against android the OS but the phones themselves SUCK!! I had to replace my g1 5x's before they finally gave me a new one and that one sucked to. So I went and bought a new 8900 on a new agreement and put my G1 away, well i got it out the other day to play with it and i love the fact it has a great browser it has alot more fun apps and now that 1.5 came out it is even better. It is still ALPHA as someone posted but it has great potential look at the new HTC HERO that phone looks sick. But to be honest i would never give up my blackberry again and i am very anxious to see the driftwood.
    OMG

07-28-09 11:19 AM
    onyx for sure
    07-28-09 12:29 PM
    As for me, I want a BB Onyx and Ipod Touch!
    07-30-09 08:11 AM
    Yes. T-mobile's version of the Onyx will run on 3G.

07-30-09 02:47 PM
    Yes. T-mobile's version of the Onyx will run on 3G.

This is a must have for us T-mobile users...
    08-05-09 10:55 AM
    I've been waiting for the onyx for 4 months! you can do it! 3 - 4months to go... I hope!
    08-07-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD