I've been on my first Storm since early December. Since then, it has accumulated a lot of dust under the screen. Just to confirm everything I've read on these message boards, I called Verizon and they agreed that they could send me a refurbished Storm in exchange for my current one. My question is, what's the general reaction to a refurbished Storm? Have people had mostly positive experiences with the refurb, or mostly negative? Also, I've read things about this Planet Feedback website and people getting new, not refurbished, Storms. Is this a route I should go, or should I stick with Verizon's customer service? Thanks to all who can lend me some feedback.
    07-20-09 03:47 PM
    look at it this way.........if its bad you can return it right
    07-20-09 03:52 PM
    I would rather have refurbished phone, because all the bugs have been fixed! Same as new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 04:05 PM
    Is it easier to call Verizon and have a refurb mailed? Or should I go to a Verizon store?
    07-20-09 04:31 PM
    Just call technical support at 611; tell them about the dust, and they'll next day you a refurb. I've been getting a lot of dust recently and I am getting a refurb tomorrow.
    07-21-09 12:38 AM
    I had the same problem. i got my storm december 8, 2008. i had alot of dust under the screen and just got a refurb. the refurb is excellent!!!!
    07-21-09 12:50 AM
    i'm on my 4th storm, they decided to send me a TOUR now. then decided to renew my contract and not tell me. Just give up..... then you'll be one step ahead when verizon screws you.
    07-21-09 12:53 AM
    Well I just got a replacement phone but it was a brand new storm. Just call and ask 611

07-21-09 11:25 PM
    Well I just got a replacement phone but it was a brand new storm. Just call and ask 611

They are sending out new ones now. Seems some people are collecting the crappy "like new" ones, and they ran out.

07-22-09 01:00 AM
    I would rather have refurbished phone, because all the bugs have been fixed! Same as new.

Really? Because my "like new" storms screen flickers all the time, they didn't work out that one, did they?

07-22-09 01:04 AM
    Really? Because my "like new" storms screen flickers all the time, they didn't work out that one, did they?

What is this flicker you speak of?

07-22-09 01:39 AM
    Think Telus gave me a refurb, might be new though, but it works wonders compared to my old one.
    07-22-09 09:13 PM
    My first replacement was refurbished. Did a complaint on planet feedback saying how it was acting up and I didn't want to go through customer service again. Last time I ended up calling about 6 times, and was sent to the store 4 times and then to call. So I complained and the gentlemen said he would send me a NEW storm or a Tour for $280. I chose the Storm. It'll be here tomorrow. So if you want to be guaranteed a new one, do planet feedback!
    07-22-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD