I've just purchased a BB curve 8900

For some reason the BB instant messenger isn't working.

I've added people using their 'PINs' and they've added me. However, they are still showing as pending and they say they've received no notification of me adding them. I have also not received a notification of them adding me and I'm showing as pending on their phones??

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? And what i can do to rectify the problem?

Thanks
    07-20-09 03:20 PM
    Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan???
    07-20-09 03:21 PM
    Whats that?
    07-20-09 03:24 PM
    I don't know what they call it on Orange, but it's where you can use the Internet... you need a Blackberry Data Plan to receive emails and surf the internet... and also to use BBM.
    07-20-09 03:29 PM
    Yeah I've got that... called a contract here in the UK lol
    07-20-09 03:37 PM
    You might want to call orange and make sure it is set up correctly... Some times they mess that part up.

Also ask them to send your service books or register your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 03:41 PM
    Right i called Orange and they said they don't deal with the BB messenger

really bugging me now!

Anyone got any ideas?
    07-21-09 07:20 AM
    not sure whats goinon scj , i used to have a blackberry on orange and mine always worked but you do have to have a data plan package
    07-21-09 07:42 AM
    Yea mines a data plan package mate, a few members on another forum i use are experiencing the same problems
    07-21-09 08:15 AM
    try resending your service books, does your phone say "edge" or "EDGE" ?
    07-21-09 10:34 AM
    try resending your service books, does your phone say "edge" or "EDGE" ?
    No, i just disconnected from my wi-fi and the display next to the signal bar now says 'gprs'
    07-21-09 10:46 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I added someone to my BBM and they received the accept but mine is still saying pending. Do I need to call tmobile. Please anyone help. Thanks
    07-21-09 11:03 AM
    If you have tried a battery pull.... And re-sending your service books then yes I would call t-mobile.

07-21-09 11:12 AM
    how do i re-send my service books?
    07-21-09 11:26 AM
    I am not sure on Orange.... the CS reps can help you do that if someone doesn't chime in soon....

Try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...7/#post3094821
    07-21-09 11:45 AM
    This isn't a problem with data plans atleast I don't think so because I got tha error while adding a contact but It worked with other ones that was with the new bbmessenger but to fix it I had to downgrade blackberry messenger so you could try reinstalling blackberry messenger

07-21-09 02:08 PM
    Do you have a company policy on your BB? If so, it could be locked at the server/policy level. I'm only able to add contacts to BBM that are on my company's BB server. Stupid, but they're not sure how to change it.
    07-21-09 02:22 PM
    LOL... that is really funny that they don't know "how" to change it....

Try This: View Document
    07-21-09 02:53 PM
    No, i just disconnected from my wi-fi and the display next to the signal bar now says 'gprs'
    if it says 'gprs' and not 'GPRS' then you are NOT connected to RIM...
    If you are connected to RIM, it should say EDGE or GPRS... in capital letters.

If you're not connected to RIM, it will say 'edge' or 'gprs' and you will not be able to use BBM or push e-mail features.
    07-21-09 03:20 PM
    sweet..... .
    07-21-09 03:36 PM
    if it says 'gprs' and not 'GPRS' then you are NOT connected to RIM...
    If you are connected to RIM, it should say EDGE or GPRS... in capital letters.

If you're not connected to RIM, it will say 'edge' or 'gprs' and you will not be able to use BBM or push e-mail features.
    But i have seen it displaying EDGE before on the odd occasion
    07-21-09 04:53 PM
    LOL... that is really funny that they don't know "how" to change it....

Try This: View Document
    WOW! Thanks a ton! I'm forwarding that on RIGHT now.
    07-22-09 01:11 PM
    Let us know if it works
    07-22-09 01:26 PM
    Hi I hope this will help you guys out.

On the Dolphin plan with Orange you get x amount of free calls and then unlimated messages, they then asked what bonus I wanted on my phone and I took the 500mb WAP package... I was told id be able to get email and all that on my BB.

Well I get home charge the thing up and what do you know they havent given me the BB services which is an extra �5 or so a month... I rang them up and asked what was going on after a few min on the phone they removed the 500mb and gave me the BB service. I am now able to register the phone with BB at blackberry.orange.co.uk and then my services all came on the phone...

I hope this help
    07-28-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD