OK

tried downloading 5.0 bbm and it was not compatible,

uninstalled device manager/desktop manager on my PC.

downloading blackberry 500_b028 without media manager to my pc

going to reinstall DM .... then what?

i have BBM5.0 already downlloaded and did as the instructions said end result is still (device not compatible)

can someone please give me a direct link for rogers .282 for Bold, and anything else that might scoot me in the right direction... without BBM my phone is just a paperweight
    07-20-09 09:56 AM
    You just need to go to the RIM site for the Rogers OS - or any others.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    07-20-09 09:59 AM
    What version of BBM 5.0 did you download? I am on .266 with DM 5 and I downloaded the link for Bold 4.6. I initially got that same error for incompatibility, but read someone else say after they deleted the OS from the PC and tried again it worked. Some just say you need to install it twice either way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:02 AM
    so once at that Rogers Blackberry site, i should go to my service provider (att) or Rogers?
    07-20-09 10:13 AM
    ok guys, im installing Desktop Software 4.6....

NOW WHAT?
    07-20-09 10:57 AM
    I got that error when I was trying to install 5.0 bbm on my 4.6.0.282 os (from rogers) on my att bold.

It turned out it was because I have the 4.6.0.282 os installed on my pc. After I uninstalled the os install on my pc and opened up 4.6 DM it asked me to update bbm without a problem.
    07-20-09 11:10 AM
    Spider Taker, i dont think im quite following...

after installing 4.6 on my comp. how do i uninstall the "os" from my comp or jsut get it to work jeeeez i donwloaded pretty much everything thats available.

please someone throw me ab one
    07-20-09 11:25 AM
    pressing left ALT + Right SHIFT and H, shows that i am running

Platform: 4.0.0.217
    App Version 4.6.0.167 (438)

maybe this info will help someone decipher my problem?
    07-20-09 11:28 AM
    just do it OTA.
    07-20-09 11:31 AM
    i did, and it asked if i wanted Blackberry Messenger to be replaced by Blackberry Messenger ; Research in Motion ltd bla bla bla, i chose yes...
    07-20-09 11:40 AM
    I got that error when I was trying to install 5.0 bbm on my 4.6.0.282 os (from rogers) on my att bold.

It turned out it was because I have the 4.6.0.282 os installed on my pc. After I uninstalled the os install on my pc and opened up 4.6 DM it asked me to update bbm without a problem.
    BINGO!!

Spider Taker, i dont think im quite following...

after installing 4.6 on my comp. how do i uninstall the "os" from my comp or jsut get it to work jeeeez i donwloaded pretty much everything thats available.

please someone throw me ab one
    Once your have loaded the proper OS on your phone, delete the file from your PC using Add/Remove Programs in the control panel. MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE DEVICE SOFTWARE AND NOT DESKTOP SOFTWARE!! LOL

Then, plug in your phone. It will either automatically prompt the BB Messenger upgrade or you do it the same way as before, using DM and App Loader.
    07-20-09 11:44 AM
    Ok I Got It... What A Relief.... Now I Need A Tutorial On It Ahahahaa
    07-20-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD