My Tour crashed this morning. When I reboot it reads, "Reload Software: 552." What happened? Anyone have any ideas how I can bring it back to life without having to reinstall anything. I hadn't backed it up yet!
    07-20-09 08:28 AM
    My Tour crashed this morning. When I reboot it reads, "Reload Software: 552." What happened? Anyone have any ideas how I can bring it back to life without having to reinstall anything. I hadn't backed it up yet!
    This has happened to me twice so far. Happened to me on 7/20 and now happened again 20 min ago while I was downloading Viigo. Anyone else having this issue?
    07-22-09 10:48 PM
    It happened to me today.
    07-22-09 10:52 PM
    Maybe it's a "Zero Day" exploit!

Nah, not me...Yet... knock on wood. Just reload the device. Maybe something that you were doing while loading apps corrupted something or the app isn't compatible?
    07-22-09 10:53 PM
    I had an app reset with some numbers - may have been 552. Curious what this is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 10:54 PM
    I had an app reset with some numbers - may have been 552. Curious what this is

that's exactly what it was. I had that happen to my tour while provisioning from sprint. phone rebooted twice and error came back each time. luckily i wrote down my msl and was able to wipe phone and reprogram for re-provisioning, so far no issues at all, except for someone occasionally saying i sound muffled.
    07-22-09 11:00 PM
    It is the BlackBerry equivalent to the Windows blue screen of death. RIM Error Codes And it's a pain in the ***. Surprised to see so many. I've only had it once in several years. I had downloaded and selected apps to be removed at the same time both requiring a reboot. Rebooted to a 552.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-27-09 at 09:43 AM. Reason: language
    07-22-09 11:02 PM
    download the blackberry tour OS from here:

BlackBerry® Software Updates

THen goto deskop manager and reinstall the blackberry OS. THat will remove the the 552 error code.

backup your data and erase all info and erase all application so desktop manager will save ur applications and reload ur apps as well as the OS. you will need do save your contacts unless u will need to type them all in.
    07-23-09 12:06 AM
    I spent two hours with Sprint yesterday and they couldn't figure it out. Desktop Manager would not even detect the Blackberry even though it was connected. We still tried to update it and reinstall the core apps but this failed three times (and two hours later).

The one thing I noticed was that even though the device was not detected, Application Loader was showing all my apps. Right as I was calling Sprint returns, I thought to uninstall the last application I had loaded on the Tour.

FACEBOOK, kills my Tour! I thought it was a one time thing (maybe a corrupt install). I tried to install it again today and guess what, it happened again. Has anyone been able to install Facebook successfully on their Tour?

I see some of you had similar problems with other apps. WTF, is going on? I really like this device but if we can't install applications on it what's the use, I might as well get a "regular" phone.
    Last edited by 06kingranch; 07-23-09 at 12:24 AM.
    07-23-09 12:20 AM
    I've had Facebook running just fine on my Tour since I got it last Tuesday. No issues at all.
    07-23-09 12:58 AM
    No problems with FB here either.

07-23-09 01:07 AM
    It is very easy to fix this error 552. hopefully everyone is using DM. There seems to be a lot of new Tour owners downloading apps that are not compatible yet with the Tour. If you aren't sure if apps are compatible and aren't comfortable with reloading OS's and such then wait to download apps until we know they work on the Tour. Just a suggestion
    07-23-09 01:20 AM
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

this should help. it is found under blackberry help here on cb. check out blackberry 101 for other tips, tricks, and how to's

good luck
    07-23-09 01:35 AM
    *knock on wood* I rec'd my Tour Mon & have been using the FaceBook app ever since. Haven't had any problems w/It.
    07-23-09 01:40 AM
    no problems here
    07-23-09 01:46 AM
    I think ill be backing up my tour again when I get home.
    I know storm owners have heard this before but give it some time, and let the app developers catch up to the device. There is no way that closed beta testing on a new device can find all possible conflicts.

07-23-09 02:15 AM
    This has happened twice to me already. The first time was after I tried to install The Associated Press program. I used DM to reinstall my OS. It happened again last night after I tried to install Facebook. This time I used DM again and deleted the Facebook app. My tour then came back to life.

I think this maybe a Sprint problem with Facebook.
    07-24-09 09:48 AM
    Anyone out there who can help a girl out?? I can't back up or "switch device" and I'm not making it through the steps to reload the OS.....I need guidance, please, anyone!
    07-25-09 11:35 AM
    I had this problem with my Sprint 8330m, I fixed mine by calling sprint bb support and wiping the phone, and then reprogramming it with the support person. After the 3rd battery pull the problem was fixed. You can also try getting rid of every app you downloaded on the phone and then doing a battery pull.

07-25-09 12:12 PM
    This happened to me last weekend. I was resetting my Tour after I uninstalled a program. It never restarted. Just got the dreaded "Reload Software: 552" error.

I downloaded the OS from Verizon and reinstalled it. Then restored everything. It sucks, but isn't the end of the world if you've done a complete backup of your phone (apps included). Just a big waste of time though.
    07-25-09 12:33 PM
    Got this error out of nowhere and my phone seem fried. Nothing has worked. Sooooo annoyed.
    07-28-09 01:13 AM
    my tour died again this morning seriously rim needs to have more stable software. I don't care if apps i put on the phone aren't made for the tour yet. It simply shouldn't crash the entire phone. and then not letting me backup my data? thank god i have a backup from 8 days ago, but still. I switched from the storm (which is a disaster in itself, i don't see how any business oriented person could be productive with that pos without being frustrated) because i wanted a more stable and reliable phone. dont get me wrong i luv rim, it's just i can't believe how much time ive invested just troubleshooting these devices. anyway thanks for letting me vent.
    07-28-09 09:03 AM
    This is bull. It happened to me twice as well.

It always happened for me both times after doing a reboot after an app install.

I can't remember what the app was the first time it crashed... but I was able to go into Desktop Manager, remove the app, and the phone succesfully rebooted

The second time it happened it occurred when I did a software update for Evernote which was prompted when I opened the app. I had to reload software after that crash because I tried deleting just about everything and I couldn't get it to succesfully reboot.

It makes me very nervous now to add / update any apps.
    07-28-09 09:16 AM
    This happened to me last weekend. I was resetting my Tour after I uninstalled a program. It never restarted. Just got the dreaded "Reload Software: 552" error.

I downloaded the OS from Verizon and reinstalled it. Then restored everything. It sucks, but isn't the end of the world if you've done a complete backup of your phone (apps included). Just a big waste of time though.
    how do you also backup your apps?
    07-28-09 09:18 AM
    This just happened to me. I was able to fix it by going into AppLoader and removing the application I had just installed. For anyone who doesn't know, AppLoader is located here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
    07-28-09 12:55 PM
185 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD