Can I get BIS/BES emails on my unlocked bold if I simply get a local carrier (vodafone) prepaid SIM card while in europe? Or will the SIM card only cover voice?
    Mustafa Tahir likes this.
    07-19-09 01:57 PM
    I think it will only cover Voice, to get the rest you need a Data plan.
    07-19-09 02:54 PM
    Some EU carriers do prepaid (pay and go) blackberry data plans but they are few and far between.

Orange UK does this and Orange are in other countries, Orange France for example but I do not know if prepaid will be available from them.
    07-19-09 02:59 PM
    Assuming you were able to get a prepaid SIM with a blackberry data plan while traveling abroad:

1. Would the change of your phone number/SIM ID disconnect you from the BES?

2. Would you need to run an enterprise activation each time you swap SIM cards?

3. Or could you simply switch back and forth between SIMs without any issues?
    09-17-09 03:57 AM
    Assuming you were able to get a prepaid SIM with a blackberry data plan while traveling abroad:

1. Would the change of your phone number/SIM ID disconnect you from the BES?

2. Would you need to run an enterprise activation each time you swap SIM cards?

3. Or could you simply switch back and forth between SIMs without any issues?

Did you ever get an answer for these questions?
    08-31-11 09:13 PM
    hey can u tell me how to activate bbm on prepaid sim PLZ
    09-13-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD