I need some assistance from everyone. I have notice that my BB curve is acting slowing and I keep seeing the hourglass on the main screen. I have deleted apps I no longer use and it is still slow. I have notice today that I am on the "today" screen and it hasn't been able to leave that screen. I have tried to turn off the phone but it won't turn off. I have taken the battery out and it will work for awhile but then it starts acting up. Is there too much apps on my phone or is it something else?
    07-19-09 11:57 AM
    Are you closing out of apps? Did you just add a new app to phone?
    07-19-09 11:59 AM
    The same exact thing is happening to me. Do you think it's possibly a BIS thing???

All I know is, I fully charged my phone last night and it usually lasts several days. This morning it was already at 50% which never happens.

Every time I go to any app, I also get the hourglass and it's acting very slow. I tried turning the phone on and off, but it's still doing the same thing.

It's frustrating because this is the first time this has happened.
    07-19-09 12:03 PM
    Are you low on memory?
    07-19-09 12:08 PM
    try deleting all your text messages if your inbox and outbox are full the phone will run really slow
    07-19-09 12:10 PM
    I always close out of the application I am in but maybe I am not closing properly. I always go to the Menu Button and scroll down to "close" and press the trackball. Is that the proper way to close?
    07-19-09 12:14 PM
    Yes, I think I am low on memory. What can I do to get some memory back?

Also I have cleaned out my inbox but where do I look for my outbox? This is probably a stupid question.
    07-19-09 12:16 PM
    Go to your home screen, hold the alt button and press LGLG. Clear the log that comes up, this should help a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 12:25 PM
    No questions are stupid. Open your messages folder, look through the options and make sure replies and sent messages are not hidden. If they are not, they are right there with the others, there is no inbox and outbox per se. To delete all your sms messages, just select delete prior while you are focused on the title bar and poof...gone.

To check your memory, go to options/status. It will give you your free memory. IMO anything under 25-28 million bytes is getting low, but others have different opinions.

The way you are closing apps is one of the correct ways to do it.

After you have dumped your msgs, and your phone is not pluged into the chargind cable, shut it off, flip it over, open the battery door and pull the battery out. Count to 3 and put it back in. This is like a full restart on your computer. If this fixes things, you are good to go until you run into the same thing again. If not, post back and we can help you more.
    07-19-09 12:26 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Try these tips, helps many.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 12:26 PM
    Yes, I think I am low on memory. What can I do to get some memory back?

Also I have cleaned out my inbox but where do I look for my outbox? This is probably a stupid question.
    when your in your sms inbox, just left click (the applications button left of the center ball), when the menu pops up scroll down to view folder, and u can go to sms inbox, outbox, sim card inbox ect ect, and a tip for deleting if u already havent done it is to change the "confirm delete" option to "NO", this is done by clicking the same left button, options, general options, scroll all the way down till u see confirm delete, and change it.
    07-19-09 12:33 PM
    Try deleting some of ur e mail or text messages. Close apps ur not using or delete some things u might have downloaded that u might not use, like extra ringtones etc... It might just b a lack of memory.
    07-19-09 12:36 PM
    I want to thank everyone for their help!! It seems to be working better after using all your advice!

thanks again!!!
    07-19-09 12:49 PM
    I want to thank everyone for their help!! It seems to be working better after using all your advice!

thanks again!!!
    youre welcome, i had the same problem but now ive gotten in the habit of just deleting my messages everyday
    07-19-09 12:53 PM
    To delete all your sms messages, just select delete prior while you are focused on the title bar and poof...gone.
    oh wow, thanks for this lolol ive been deleting my messages all one by one for the longest time
    07-19-09 12:56 PM
    Well, I went to my messages/options/show sent messages and OMG, lots of sent messages in my outbox. Especially when I sent over a 1.7 MB video.

When I checked my free bytes available, it was over 18,000,000. Then I did a battery pull and restarted and now I'm at over 38,000,000 available.

What a difference.

I just assumed that when I permanently deleted my outgoing messages, they were gone forever. I guess not.

Thanks for the advice and sorry for hijacking, but I didn't want to start a new thread since I was having the exact same problem as the OP.
    07-19-09 12:57 PM
    oh wow, thanks for this lolol ive been deleting my messages all one by one for the longest time
    OH, that's my next question (since we're on topic).

I also delete my messages one by one.

When you say "delete prior", what does that mean? Is that like a select all option on your computer and then delete your messages all at once? How do I do that? Like the OP says, I have been doing them individually and what a PITA.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
    07-19-09 12:58 PM
    OH, that's my next question (since we're on topic).

I also delete my messages one by one.

When you say "delete prior", what does that mean? Is that like a select all option on your computer and then delete your messages all at once? How do I do that? Like the OP says, I have been doing them individually and what a PITA.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
    "delete prior" is an option in the menu. When your in your sms inbox, scroll all the way up so that youve highlighted the top bar, not a message, then left click (the app button) and theres an option that says "Delete Prior" u click it it'll ask if u want to delete all prior activity, and u say yes, allllll gone!
    07-19-09 01:01 PM
    "delete prior" is an option in the menu. When your in your sms inbox, scroll all the way up so that youve highlighted the top bar, not a message, then left click (the app button) and theres an option that says "Delete Prior" u click it it'll ask if u want to delete all prior activity, and u say yes, allllll gone!
    Thanks for your quick response.

I tried that, and I don't see delete prior anywhere in the left app button. Am I crazy???

I think I did exactly as you suggested, and still no "delete prior" option listed.
    07-19-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks for your quick response.

I tried that, and I don't see delete prior anywhere in the left app button. Am I crazy???

I think I did exactly as you suggested, and still no "delete prior" option listed.
    well if your inbox is already empty the option wont be there, tell a friend to send u a text, and see if the option is there when theres something in your inbox
    07-19-09 01:05 PM
    There's a free application that you can install from this site called "logMaid". It GREAT!!!!

I need some assistance from everyone. I have notice that my BB curve is acting slowing and I keep seeing the hourglass on the main screen. I have deleted apps I no longer use and it is still slow. I have notice today that I am on the "today" screen and it hasn't been able to leave that screen. I have tried to turn off the phone but it won't turn off. I have taken the battery out and it will work for awhile but then it starts acting up. Is there too much apps on my phone or is it something else?
    07-19-09 01:07 PM
    "logMaid" will clean ur memory every hour! it's the best thing since sliced bread LOL
    07-19-09 01:10 PM
    well if your inbox is already empty the option wont be there, tell a friend to send u a text, and see if the option is there when theres something in your inbox
    Ahhh...I got it. I got a new e-mail so I was able to see it then.

thanks for explaining.
    07-19-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD