Hey I recently downloaded 5.0 and like it but there are a few bugs and would like to downgrade to the old 4.7, what is the quickest and easiest method? Could someone perhaps post an OTA link?....
    07-19-09 07:58 AM
    What kind of Problems are you having with BBM 5.0?
    07-19-09 08:24 AM
    There is no OTA links for the "older" BBM, remove the files from your install folder or if you downloaded it OTA, just run BBDM and it will remove the new version and replace it with the old one.
    07-19-09 08:40 AM
    so just by hooking up to my desktop manager it will revert to 4.7? I'm using a tour with DM 5.0.
    07-19-09 08:43 AM
    If you downloaded it OTA, just remove the BBM from your device. Be sure to back up you data beforehand.

Then run your DM > application loader > update application > go to advance options > check the BlackBerry Messenger box > proceed and done

If you installed the BBM from DM, you'll need to re-install the OS.
    07-19-09 08:46 AM
    I noticed the 5.0 BBM eats up WAY more battery then the old BBM...
    07-19-09 08:53 AM
    so I downloaded via OTA. So I can go to applications via options and delete? Then run DM and install as above, correct?

thanks!
    07-19-09 09:02 AM
    wow sounds easy enough? and then just re-load my contacts ?
    07-19-09 09:06 AM
    What kind of Problems are you having with BBM 5.0?
    I myself have not had too many problems. Just seems there is a huge delay in the msg being sent.....also too i miss seeing the D's and R's....The interface however is so amazing, i love how it looks.

But yeah I did the OTA update thank God then!!! So it looks like itll be an easy revert !!!
    07-19-09 09:08 AM
    I myself have not had too many problems. Just seems there is a huge delay in the msg being sent.....also too i miss seeing the D's and R's....The interface however is so amazing, i love how it looks.

But yeah I did the OTA update thank God then!!! So it looks like itll be an easy revert !!!
    Hmmm, I'm not experiencing those issues at all. Weird!
    07-19-09 09:17 AM
    I was having the same problems, after 48 hours it just completely stopped working. At first I loved it, now I'm back to 4.7!

I hoped it was just a network coincidence but apparently not due to 4.7 working just fine!
    07-19-09 09:44 AM

I see D's and R's on the Tour ...
    07-19-09 09:52 AM
    If you downloaded it OTA, just remove the BBM from your device. Be sure to back up you data beforehand.

Then run your DM > application loader > update application > go to advance options > check the BlackBerry Messenger box > proceed and done

If you installed the BBM from DM, you'll need to re-install the OS.
    I downloaded the BBM 5.0 for the Blackberry Storm from the DM, ow cant I just uncheck it on the DM and then click next and done?

Then after it power cycle go back in the DM and check of the BB Messenger 4.7 and run though again? Will that work because I do not like the memory leak issues.
    07-19-09 10:36 AM
    I was having the same problems, after 48 hours it just completely stopped working. At first I loved it, now I'm back to 4.7!

I hoped it was just a network coincidence but apparently not due to 4.7 working just fine!
    Same here.. At first perfect, late yesterday a small delay, this morning I cant hold a conversation on BBM because half are being sent, half arent and they are coming through out of order, etc.

Now I know there are 2 versions of 5.0 floating around... Does anyone know if this happening on the RIM released version or just the OmieTech version?
    07-19-09 10:48 AM

I just converted back to 4.7 too, and I was tired of looking at those weird smilys lol I like the originals better
    07-19-09 11:08 AM
    I just converted back to 4.7 too, and I was tired of looking at those weird smilys lol I like the originals better
    Sorry for the double posting but really need this question answered before I cause any problems. Just trying to find the easiest way to downgrade back to BBM 4.7. I upgraded using the DM and My original question was...

I downloaded the BBM 5.0 for the Blackberry Storm from the DM, ow cant I just uncheck it on the DM and then click next and done?

Then after it power cycle go back in the DM and check of the BB Messenger 4.7 and run though again? Will that work because I do not like the memory leak issues.
    07-19-09 11:17 AM
    Sorry for the double posting but really need this question answered before I cause any problems. Just trying to find the easiest way to downgrade back to BBM 4.7. I upgraded using the DM and My original question was...

lol it's cool I was eager to get back to the orginal too, and I responded to ur pm
    07-19-09 11:20 AM
    Hehe good i saw this post as most of my friend been moving to bbm 5.0 and was trying to convince me to make the change also.
    But i didn't as its still beta version.
    07-19-09 11:22 AM
    Yeah the BBM 5.0 is still there but just unchecked.... any other suggestions anyone.
    07-19-09 11:40 AM
    Can anyone please host the old bbm files? I was foolish and didn't keep a backup. Thx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 12:04 PM
    Can anyone please host the old bbm files? I was foolish and didn't keep a backup. Thx!

This is what i did to get downgrade to the old BBM 4.7 for the Blackberry Storm but it should work for any other BB as well.

P.S. I did not upgrade using the BBM 5.0 OTA, I upgraded using the BB Desktop Manager so it should work if you used either methods.

First make sure that your Blackberry is not connected to the computer just to play it safe.

Secondly, I just deleted the BBM 5.0 right of the phone in Options>Advanced Options> Applications. Thanks lakergirl23 for this step.

Thirdly> I re-downloaded the BB Desktop Manager 5.0 to override the current DM 5.0 or you can just uninstall it and then install it again.

Finally> I connected my Blackberry back to the computer>Ran the DM> Clicked the Apploader> Scrolled down to find the original BBM 4.7 and checked it. After just click next then finish....
    Last edited by dat1; 07-19-09 at 12:20 PM.
    07-19-09 12:15 PM
    This is what i did to get downgrade to the old BBM 4.7 for the Blackberry Storm but it should work for any other BB as well.

P.S. I did not upgrade using the BBM 5.0 OTA, I upgraded using the BB Desktop Manager so it should work if you used either methods.

First make sure that your Blackberry is not connected to the computer just to play it safe.

Secondly, I just deleted the BBM 5.0 right of the phone in Options>Advanced Options> Applications. Thanks lakergirl23 for this step.

Thirdly> I re-downloaded the BB Desktop Manager 5.0 to override the current DM 5.0 or you can just uninstall it and then install it again.

Finally> I connected my Blackberry back to the computer>Ran the DM> Clicked the Apploader> Scrolled down to find the original BBM 4.7 and checked it. After just click next then finish....
    I'm doing the same thing but dm wants me to update my whole core OS and i dont wanna have to reload the entire OS, its too much of a hastle...
    07-19-09 12:31 PM
    so i deleted it and when i hooked up to DM it doesnt have a bbm 4.7 choice and i lost my meesages envelope on my main screen....can anyone help please?
    07-19-09 12:32 PM
    i did what it was said here....

i deleted the ota for the bbm...

then i ran dm and the bbm 4.6 is there but when i click on it and then click next it says no action required...

anyone knows how to get the bbm back?

im without it right now and i am freaking out....

and yeah i backed it up before deleting
    07-19-09 12:42 PM
    I actually did the OTA upgrade too.. I deleted the BBM app, but was unable to restore the previous version. I just reloaded the entire OS and click'd BBM on the app list. It work'd fine that way though a bit longer process but the end result was the desired one.

07-19-09 12:46 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD