can you, and if so, how can you turn off the beep that occurs when dialing a number in the normal profile? just because I want to hear my phone ring does not mean I want it to express itself when I am calling some one else. Any ideas?
    07-19-09 12:55 AM
    Options>Screen/Keyboard>Key Tone=Off, escape and save. That should end your bleeping bloops.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 01:52 AM
    it is set to off. I turned it on, and the keys started beeping (the blackberry one, the green one, the red one and the back one) then turned it off again. The number pad buttons still beep when dialing a number to call. Most annoying.
    07-19-09 01:54 AM
    Options>Screen/Keyboard>Key Tone=Off, escape and save. That should end your bleeping bloops.

I think the key tone option is set to off by default, and this does not resolve the issue.. I would also like to know a solution to this

07-19-09 01:56 AM
    Set Profile to Vibrate or Silent. Only way to silence the keypad.

07-19-09 01:59 AM
    I think there was a way to trick it on older BB's. It involved using the Menu option in the Phone application to 'USE ONCE" or something similar. But I don't think it works for all calls.

The complaint was trying to dial 911 quietly so the burglar would not hear your beeps - good question!
    07-19-09 08:51 AM
    there are many practical applications for not having it beep when on normal profile. Kinda annoying that there is no option.
    07-19-09 10:20 AM
    so no ideas from any one?
    07-19-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD