Messages aren't delivering in a timely manner, being delivered out of order, and read receipts are delayed even longer. Confirmed with at least 5 friends on BBM 5.0, other friends on regular BBM platforms seem unaffected by these issues. So I'm going back. Hope the release build works fine. And to think...I was jush starting to gain more faith in RIM after seeing improvements. But like the last few events, pmorovements are overshadowed by glaring flaws.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 11:53 PM
    Maybe it's a network issue on RIM's end seeing as a lot of people all at once upgraded to the new BBM.
    07-18-09 11:55 PM
    hmmmmm...doesn't make sense. mine works perfect, any ideas anyone?
    07-18-09 11:55 PM
    Maybe 5.0 BBM is being hosted in a separate farm of servers? And my server is on the Fritz?

07-18-09 11:58 PM
    Works great for me. No issues at all today using it.
    07-19-09 12:00 AM
    Sorry to hear...mine is working perfectly...I love it.
    07-19-09 12:00 AM
    Thats why RIM didn't 'officially' release it. Nothing's on the 'fritz' because it hasn't been implemented into every new berry yet. Don't blame RIM.
    07-19-09 12:11 AM
    Cant say i have to many issues like that. I think it takes a hair longer for the "D" and "R" to be displayed but not more than 10 seconds or whatever. stick with it my friend!
    07-19-09 12:12 AM
    Had a few messages 'delayed', but other than that, it's worked like a charm..
    07-19-09 12:17 AM
    Well its getting to the point where I'm getting like 10 to 30 min delay for messages. Hard to say. Also I'm getting messages deliveredzl read and replied, then I read and reply before the first message read confirmation shows up.

And I'm not blaming RIM. I know its a leak. However, other services are suffering also. My point is that every time something comes around, supported or not, we all get excited that maybe this will be the turning point in the RIM change into fully commitment of the consumer direction. But we always get bashed against the face with the flaws and bugs. Nothing is perfect, but I see on step forward, and 3 steps backwards. Like the BIS infrastructure not being able to support sll of the traffic. Or infrastructure failures during OS releases like .148, etc.

07-19-09 12:36 AM
    i havent seen a single problem with it so far. i've been getting and sending messages since it leaked and the whole barcode sharing thread. so yeah.. ?
    07-19-09 12:40 AM
    not sure what to tell you. Mine works fine. I get the D and R pretty quickly. Is that possible that there hosting it on another server so its taking longer for some folks? The only issue I can see if the avatar thingy. Other than that it seems to work pretty good for me.
    07-19-09 12:42 AM
    Yes I've notice those issues with mines as well. It doesn't deliver all the messages instantly and sometimes other get delivered before prior messages. But it does eventually go through
    07-19-09 12:43 AM
    Messages aren't delivering in a timely manner, being delivered out of order, and read receipts are delayed even longer. Confirmed with at least 5 friends on BBM 5.0, other friends on regular BBM platforms seem unaffected by these issues. So I'm going back. Hope the release build works fine. And to think...I was jush starting to gain more faith in RIM after seeing improvements. But like the last few events, pmorovements are overshadowed by glaring flaws.

Patches, since are going back and you are a resident genius, what do you consider to be the best method to do so? Full OS reload?
    07-19-09 12:46 AM
    Patches, I have recently had the problem you are describing with the old bbm -- I think it is more of a network/server issue than the BBM version...
    07-19-09 12:48 AM
    I am also having these issues as well as messages not even delivering....awww!!!!! How do I get the old verison back?
    07-19-09 01:02 AM
    Yea I have been having the same issues with the delays. I guess it just works when it wants to. Plus how would you get the version of BBM that your respective blackberry came with if you wanted to reload?
    07-19-09 01:41 AM
    Maybe 5.0 BBM is being hosted in a separate farm of servers? And my server is on the Fritz?

It's just an app frontend. I don't see a reason to make a new farm just for this release. That would be ********.
    07-19-09 04:15 AM
    No issues; no complaints.
    07-19-09 04:19 AM
    i dont understand how someone can be upset about anything thats leaked..

I mean seriously get mad at RIM for a software you aren't even supposed to have yet?

that doesn't make much sense...
    07-19-09 04:36 AM
    same problems here since today. Worked pretty fine yesterday- but today I got lots of delays ...some of the messages are not even delivered at all...
    07-19-09 04:37 AM
    i dont understand how someone can be upset about anything thats leaked..

I mean seriously get mad at RIM for a software you aren't even supposed to have yet?

that doesn't make much sense...
    You get a +1, good sir!

To follow suit, I'm going to complain about Windows 7.
    07-19-09 04:47 AM
    I'm having the same issues as patches. I'm not angry, god no, after all it is leaked and is unstable. Nice to have a sneak preview though. As for restore, I upgraded my bbm over the air and under my bbm menu is a restore option, I'm hoping this'll restore back to previous bbm. I'm gonna go find out, buh bye

07-19-09 05:12 AM
    same problems here since today. Worked pretty fine yesterday- but today I got lots of delays ...some of the messages are not even delivered at all...
    You know what? Now that you mention this...THAT IS SOOOO TRUE....yesterday it worked great....today not so much!!! I had to reinstall 4.7...I need reliability
    07-19-09 05:13 AM
    Mines the same but only with certain people.

Thought it was to good to be true! Lol.

07-19-09 05:13 AM
136 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD