I just purchased my first blackberry-- the Tour.

Because my old phone was junk, I need to manually add all my contacts to the blackberry. Is there an easy way to manually do this on the computer, and transfer the contact information to my blackberry?

I have a large contacts list on Yahoo, but don't want to add all 1000 people I've got listed there.

Help!
    07-18-09 11:00 PM
    I just purchased my first blackberry-- the Tour.

Because my old phone was junk, I need to manually add all my contacts to the blackberry. Is there an easy way to manually do this on the computer, and transfer the contact information to my blackberry?

I have a large contacts list on Yahoo, but don't want to add all 1000 people I've got listed there.

Help!
    what is your old phone?
    07-18-09 11:02 PM
    google sync is a life saver
    07-18-09 11:10 PM
    You can use the Desktop Manager to sync your Yahoo contacts to your phone. I was able to successfully add mine using that method.
    07-18-09 11:12 PM
    Sync with Outlook..........
    07-18-09 11:33 PM
    Google Sync is just what I needed-- thanks!
    07-19-09 12:01 AM
    Google Sync is just what I needed-- thanks!
    I just wish it would sync contact photos

Will this eventually come?
    07-19-09 12:52 AM
    You can sync contact photos with facebook at least.
    07-19-09 12:55 AM
    You can sync contact photos with facebook at least.
    Yeah, at the least I could do that...

but I don't wanna
    07-19-09 01:02 AM
    I suggest picking a contact application such as outlook express/ outlook or Microsoft mail..

then later on once everything is good to go get a gmail account and use google sync to sync contacts (even if you don't use the gmail account for anything else)

this way you have a current backup of your contacts at all times even if you enter them on your device..
    07-19-09 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD