I recently returned my Palm Pre to the local Sprint store in my area mainly because it had the build quality of a McDonald's toy. I called the store and asked if they had Tours in stock. They replied "Sure do!" So I assumed this would work out perfect. Return the Pre, get a Tour, one trip, done. Wrong. Got to the store to find out that the DON'T have it in stock yet. Anyways, long story short, my Palm Pre has been returned but my upgrade eligibilty has not yet been reinstated. Sprint said if I was to buy one online I would have to wait 2 billing cycles for the return to show up. If I were to buy it from the store I could do so as soon as they get Tours in stock, as they have records of the return. So-

Has anyone had experience with returns and getting your upgrade eligibilty reinstated OR does anyone know of a date that Sprint Tours will be available through retailers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dylanledbetter; 07-18-09 at 10:48 PM.
    07-18-09 10:45 PM
    Rumour is that stores should startin getting them on the 20th. We'll see
    07-18-09 10:46 PM
    That is also what the local Sprint store has said. But it all depends on which rep you get. One said they have them in stock, one said they will be in on Monday, and one said they will be available at the beginning of August. One didn't even know what a Blackberry Tour was.
    07-18-09 10:49 PM
    Just call telesales. They can verify that you should have upgrade eligibility and then order the phone for you. I returned my Pre too and I now have a Tour.

07-18-09 11:56 PM
    My upgrade eligibility showed back up on the site the day after i returned my Pre
    07-19-09 12:05 AM
    My upgrade eligibility showed back up on the site the day after i returned my Pre
    Mine did too.

You might have to call them and demand that it be reinstated.
    07-19-09 12:13 AM
    Just another 'me too', but I returned my pre and my upgrade eligibility showed up shortly after that and I was able to order the tour.
    07-19-09 12:25 AM
    Wise move, guys- returning the Pre. I too, followed the device for quite a while and was excited about it until after it launched and could clearly see that the device isn't made for business. The Tour is a much more solid device.
    07-19-09 12:27 AM
    Wise move, guys- returning the Pre. I too, followed the device for quite a while and was excited about it until after it launched and could clearly see that the device isn't made for business. The Tour is a much more solid device.
    Im still not really sure who its made for definitely not me. They keyboard and screen would have been 2 pieces by now
    07-19-09 12:44 AM
    lmao @ a build quality of a McDonald's toy.

I don't use Palm anymore, but I don't wish faliure on any one or company, especially right now with the way things are. I was really hoping Palm would have a winner with this device.
    07-19-09 12:52 AM
    i returned my pre as well and got the tour as long as u returned it witn 30days you wont have to pay full price for uyour tour you just wont get 30days on the tour cause u already used it with the pre i got my pre june 6th and returned it july 6th and got a loaner phone till i got my tour
    07-19-09 01:09 AM
    I'm with Verizon, but picked up the Pre a couple weeks ago. The interface is very nice and WiFi makes me happy. But I just couldn't get past the build quality. Not to mention the cramped keyboard, greasy feel, or blotchy looking screen when viewed with polarized lenses.

In the end VZW swapped my Storm with a Tour and I'm very, very happy. Maybe the Palm Post with WebOS 3.0 will be different. :-)
    07-19-09 02:05 AM
    Palm Post?? I haven't been paying close attention to them apparently. They're gonna try for yet another device huh?
    07-19-09 02:35 AM
    I'm just referring to a 1.0's product name so aptly dubbed, "The Pre."

We can only hope "The Post" will allow such basic concepts as changing your SMS message alert to something other than "ding!"

Stupid Oreo cookie grease pebble phone! Ack, how I hated the feel of that thing!
    07-19-09 02:44 AM
    As bad as the hardware was, the OS almost made up for it. If they can make their next phone sturdier, I'll switch back immediately. BB OS 5.0 will feel ancient before it's even released.

07-19-09 03:37 AM
    Don't you just miss that card view?! Best alt tab ever.
    07-19-09 03:57 AM
    Definitely. Holding down the menu key just doesn't compare. *sigh*

But the Tour is a solid phone for today. The Palm Pre will be the solid phone of the future.

07-19-09 04:13 AM
    i almost wish they just skipped the keyboard went with a bigger screen something storm sized and made a metal bodied device that webos is pretty awesome my friend has one and out side of feeling like its a toy its pretty cool.
    07-19-09 04:14 AM
    And the battery lasting 1/2 a day. 1100mah vs 1400mah
    07-19-09 04:48 AM
    You guys really had your upgrade eligibilty back the same day you returned your Pre? Sprint CS is telling me that I have to wait for the store to send the phone in to them, and then wait 2 billing cycles for it to show up online. Any more word on when they will have Tours in stores?

07-19-09 09:04 AM
    That's ridiculous.
    07-19-09 09:28 AM
    Sprint Sucks
    07-19-09 09:30 AM
    Same here. Because Direct-ship is out of stock, my Pre is sitting at the Sprint store awaiting exchange while I am offshore at work. 3 charges a day with moderate use is a joke. Good OS but it depends on your locality as the phone is extremely limited without good reception. Keyboard is a joke too. Who wants to to through 3 or 4 submenus to send a one sentance text message? I'd sooner cancel my contract (still within 30 day limit) than be stuck with it. Again, rumor has it tomorrow (20th) is supposed to be receipt day for Tours at their office too. I do wanna add that the Sprint reps at the store are really going out on a limb doing this for me. So far, so good. Just wish I'd be able to ensure all was working well with the new phone before the contract is binding. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to have faith in BB production and hope the thing works as advertised when I get back home.
    07-19-09 09:33 AM
    I had the Pre and Sprint for 4 days and experienced everything you did. Went running back to VZW and got my Storm swapped for a Tour. Fantastic device on a great network. Solid build quality, excellent keyboard, screen looks good through polarized lenses, shortcuts up the wazzoo...

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Tour much more than your Oreo compact.
    07-19-09 09:37 AM
    You guys really had your upgrade eligibilty back the same day you returned your Pre? Sprint CS is telling me that I have to wait for the store to send the phone in to them, and then wait 2 billing cycles for it to show up online. Any more word on when they will have Tours in stores?

I was just at the Sprint store yesterday and they said Aug. 2 the Tour will be in stores. You can get it online now.

I am probably going to return my Pre in a few days. I assume that if I return it and then order the Tour online or wait until Aug 2 to buy it I will get another 30 day trial...correct?
    07-19-09 09:41 AM
105 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD