I know what your thinking "why get a storm now when the tour just came out and storm 2 is on the way". I went to the VZW store and played with a tour and its too much like the curve for me(or 8900,bold). I f you really look at it it looks like every other berry that's came out this year only its CDMA. I know the stom has its problems but with a update or 2 it will work itself out. Just look at the curve,its a solid device but look how long it had to perfect it. Just my 2cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 08:54 PM
    Well, I'm glad you can find the love in the Storm but...

I know the stom has its problems but with a update or 2 it will work itself out.
    Many people have been hanging onto that false hope for ever, guess what? The updates came and gone...consensus is...Storm still sucks. The people who will agree with me, far out weight the people that will disagree.
    07-18-09 09:04 PM
    the storm really has come a long way since it first came out and it still will get better with new updates!!!!! good choice and welcome to the club!!!!
    07-18-09 09:04 PM
    just for the heck of it, I disagree.

Its not perfect but its hella better than I ever expected them to make it tbh. If you run the leaks or the hybrids with a decent theme its plenty fast. Could be faster but I cant think of one phone that could be better in at least a few areas. I will be buying the storm 2 on launch like the storm 1 and while i have had my share of frustrations its been the perfect device for me.
    07-18-09 09:17 PM
    i love it and wouldn't have any other BB.
    07-18-09 09:48 PM
    Well getting it for $50 after NE2 and and instant rebate only made me want it that much more. I had my eye on it since release ,but I was on alltel and it wasn't a option. But u know what they say opinions are like a$$holes ,everybody has one.

07-18-09 09:49 PM
    But u know what they say opinions are like a$$holes ,everybody has one.

That's true. Like everyone going crazy over the Tour, that may be good to them, but that phone is definitely not for everybody and I'm glad I got my Storm back
    07-18-09 10:01 PM

Many people have been hanging onto that false hope for ever, guess what? The updates came and gone...consensus is...Storm still sucks. The people who will agree with me, far out weight the people that will disagree.
    Completely disagree. This is the best phone I've ever owned, and it has been since I got it in Nov on OS .75. It's only gotten better with newer OS's. The only 2 reasons you might be able to find the haters out weighing the lovers is because:

1. This forum is made up of people who come seeking help with problems, so most of the satisfied users have never heard of crackberry.

2. The people who dislike the Storm all eat too much...therefore they outweigh the thinner ones who love the Storm.

To the OP...this phone rocks!
    07-18-09 10:07 PM
    2. The people who dislike the Storm all eat too much...therefore they outweigh the thinner ones who love the Storm.
    Lol omg that was so funny!
    07-18-09 10:09 PM
    I'm glad that some of you think that this was a good choice. I have only had the chance to play with the storm in the store since VZW wasn't a option in my area until the merge ,but I loved it and I think I will be satisfied.

07-18-09 10:19 PM

I disagree with you. Your opinion and thats all good but no need to try and convince someone else that it sucks because you had a bad experience with it. There are way more satisfied customers than unsatisfied one.
    07-18-09 10:25 PM
    1. This forum is made up of people who come seeking help with problems, so most of the satisfied users have never heard of crackberry.
    exactly. I dont know the exact numbers of units sold but from what people have said its near 2 million. Now if you look at the number of members on CB and then look at the actual number of storm owners on here Im sure that its no where near even 1% of the storm owners out there in the world.
    07-18-09 10:33 PM
    I'm glad that some of you think that this was a good choice. I have only had the chance to play with the storm in the store since VZW wasn't a option in my area until the merge ,but I loved it and I think I will be satisfied.

You will be fine, as long as you keep in mind that the Storm is NOT "the smart phone for dummies". It requires some learning curve. Those who have problems with the phone are those who cannot get pass this learning curve.

Furthermore, many of the people who hate the Storm are those who love physical keyboard and trackball, and cannot live without them. They basically have bought a touch screen landscape phone for the wrong reason.

If you are willing to learn how to use this phone, you will love it. I have been using smart phones for 10 years and the Storm is the best phone I ever have.

I definitely will not switch to a phone which is primarily in portrait mode (i.e. Tour and Palm Pre et el). And I will not upgrade to Storm 2 as that phone does not really have THAT MUCH enhancement over my existing Storm. It is the same phone under the skin.

I will wait for the Storm 3 which should be redesigned under Don Lindsay's direction, or the iPhone 4G which should come to Verizon Wireless. Until then, I will stay with my current Storm which is a fantastic device.
    Last edited by substring; 07-18-09 at 10:39 PM.
    07-18-09 10:34 PM
    Make sure you load up .151 because it's one of the best OS's out now even with it's very minor issues. The fact that memory leaking is much much less of an issue with it alone (and a little less laggy even with my Vista theme on it) far outweigh the fact that it has the "double vibrate problem".
    07-18-09 10:41 PM
    Make sure you load up .151 because it's one of the best OS's out now even with it's very minor issues. The fact that memory leaking is much much less of an issue with it alone (and a little less laggy even with my Vista theme on it) far outweigh the fact that it has the "double vibrate problem".
    the double vibrate thing is not a problem. Im pretty sure the other BB's do that. I know my GF's curve does and I always wondered why my storm didnt vibrate twice.
    07-18-09 11:00 PM
    i love my storm. just update yours to OS .151 and BBM 5.0 and then everything will be fine.
    07-18-09 11:03 PM
    the double vibrate thing is not a problem. Im pretty sure the other BB's do that. I know my GF's curve does and I always wondered why my storm didnt vibrate twice.
    Nope its not supposed to vibrate twice when you have it set to once ,sooo it is a problem.

Never the less my Storm is the BEST BlackBerry I have owned as of yet and only the Storm 2 will top it imo.
    07-19-09 12:04 AM
    I went from a Pearl to a Storm and hated the Storm for about a month. The large screen was the only thing that made me keep using it. After the first 4 weeks, I began to enjoy using it. I think the trackball BB's are faster to navigate but the Storm's screen is fantastic and I like being able to switch between full qwerty and suretype. It is a big heavy beast though ;-)
    07-19-09 01:07 AM
    Nope its not supposed to vibrate twice when you have it set to once ,sooo it is a problem.

Never the less my Storm is the BEST BlackBerry I have owned as of yet and only the Storm 2 will top it imo.
    oh well. It doesnt bother me that it vibrates twice.
    07-19-09 01:45 AM
    I love my storm, have had it since december, only problem I have ever had with it is when I poured coffee into it. I have dropped it like 20 time and so have my kids who love to play with it. Best phone ever. Its sad that it is always the angry vocal minority who you read about.
    07-19-09 06:46 AM
    Was beginning to think I was the only one on the planet who has a Storm that works! I've loved my Storm ever since I first got it, and wouldn't change it for anything right now. I recently took a holiday to Orlando and on the 2 week vacation used my Storm to:

Listen to music I'd copied over from my PC (drag and drop)
    Watch episodes of Farscape on the plane
    Navigate to and from the airport using Vodafone Find & Go
    Find out whats on at the cinema using Poynt and get walking directions from my hotel to the cinema
    Did online check-in with British Airways
    Took photos and video at SeaWorld
    Played games on my Storm during a particularly rainy day
    Sent a printed postcard from phone using Vodafone MMS Postcards
    Check out all the news back home using Viigo, and checked the weather daily using Weatherbug
    Used my phone as an alarm clock in its docking / charging pod

..and obviously calls and texts. No real problems, battery was fine (charge overnight every night when I put it in the dock using it as an alarm clock), only did one battery pull when the video recording crashed the phone

Cheers, Mike
    07-19-09 07:10 AM
    What os do you guys think its gonna come with? I played with one in the store but I can't remember what os it had.

07-19-09 09:22 AM
    I love my storm running .151 And it rocks

07-19-09 09:30 AM
    i absolutely love my storm as well. i had a pearl for a few months, and thought it was ok...tiny a$$ screen tho! then my storm arrived. the big screen is amazing, and with the .151 update, it runs GREAT.

my bf recently purchased a curve, and i dont miss that annoying little track ball one bit. someone said that they think the trackball is faster to select programs... i completely disagree, being able to scroll and select with nice big icons are where its at!!

this is by far, the best phone i have EVER owned... EVER!!
    07-19-09 02:32 PM
    I like the storm (I still have mine along with the tour) but I will be honest in that the tour runs a heck of a lot better then the storm does..

personally speaking at this point I would have waited to see how storm 2 pans out..

I won't be getting a storm 2 and will use my storm 1 every once in a while but its just to late to invest in the storm 1 in my opinion
    07-19-09 02:37 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD