Did a backup.. installed bbm 5.0 .. cant find the icon.. restored old backup still no icon! ive looked in all the folders..plz help!!!!!
    Last edited by mrshaz; 07-18-09 at 06:23 PM.
    07-18-09 06:17 PM
    Same here, but I am on 4.5.0.77. Any help is appreciated. Also, tried uninstalling and re-installing...no joy.
    07-18-09 06:38 PM
    Did a backup.. installed bbm 5.0 .. cant find the icon.. restored old backup still no icon! ive looked in all the folders..plz help!!!!!
    You need to restore BBM over again.

Hook up your phone to DM and get BBM back through the AppLoader. You'll
    need to have your OS installed on the PC as well. Find the OS on your phone
    in Options>About and you can go to hookedontronyx.com and he'll have the
    OS ready for download onto your PC.

Note: When you restore BBM again, your contacts most likely won't be there. But since you mentioned you have a backup,
    do an advanced restore. On the backup/restore go to 'adavanced' all the way to the right side. Now on your right will show
    what is stored on your phone, the other will be blank. On the one that is blank click "open" and find that backup file. Now that
    screen should fill up. All you'll need to do is find "Blackberry Messenger" on that screen, highlight it, and transfer it using the
    lil arrows in the middle.
    Last edited by forever29; 07-18-09 at 07:23 PM.
    07-18-09 07:21 PM
    You need to restore BBM over again.

Hook up your phone to DM and get BBM back through the AppLoader. You'll
    need to have your OS installed on the PC as well. Find the OS on your phone
    in Options>About and you can go to hookedontronyx.com and he'll have the
    OS ready for download onto your PC.

Note: When you restore BBM again, your contacts most likely won't be there. But since you mentioned you have a backup,
    do an advanced restore. On the backup/restore go to 'adavanced' all the way to the right side. Now on your right will show
    what is stored on your phone, the other will be blank. On the one that is blank click "open" and find that backup file. Now that
    screen should fill up. All you'll need to do is find "Blackberry Messenger" on that screen, highlight it, and transfer it using the
    lil arrows in the middle.
    Sorry to hijack but do you happen to know how to get the old BBM back ? IS there an OTA ?
    07-18-09 08:37 PM
    The old blackberry messenger is already on your computer. You do not need a OTA link...search, search, search....this is currently all over CB and I mean all over the place
    07-18-09 08:49 PM
    im having the same problem plz help
    thnx
    07-31-09 01:32 AM
    I also lost my bbm icon on my phone when i downloaded .230. I connected to desktop manager and loaded bbm again but got an old version- 4.7. Anytime i try to upgrade to the new one i lose the old version and never get the new version. When i repeat this and try again i go back again to 4.7. Before i go back to os .53 is there anyway for me to get and keep the new bbm? Thanks.
    10-08-09 10:47 AM
    YES!! I downloaded BBM again through the BB browser and it worked!! Don't know what the problem was doing it from appworld but it worked and now i am good! .230 and the new bbm!
    10-08-09 11:13 AM
    what you should try is do a battery pull, or just restart the whole bb. this happpened to me when i downloaded bbm 5.0. my bbm icon was missing but once i did a quick pull it should up and everything was working
    10-08-09 11:37 AM
    just download it from blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger and it works. for some reason appworld wont load it.
    9530 bbm 5.0 running on .230
    10-09-09 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD