I am trying to OTA d/l bbm 5.0 on coworkers phone (tour), and i kept getting download failed and then I got the gatorhost contact support error, well now I cannot find a BBM icon on her tour, its under applications, its NOWHERE to be found on the phone, resent service books, reset the phone, I am almost about to hard reset but she will be MAD! Anyone else had this issue trying to dl the OTA link and then BBM missing?? Cannot find ANYWHERE, thanks for the help guys! and gals.
    07-18-09 03:05 PM
    Look in the Instant Messaging folder just to be sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 03:09 PM
    try the desktop install,
    it worked for me
    delete it from the app list first though
    then load it with apploader
    07-18-09 03:12 PM
    not in IM folder, tried that as well. I dont want to delete the current BBM cause all her contacts will gone. Any other suggestions?? And i dont think any dl links are working apparently..
    07-18-09 03:15 PM
    update:: cant find any working links...
    07-18-09 03:35 PM
    I bet she won't give it to you again.

07-18-09 03:52 PM
    Not necessarily. I've helped her a lot on her phone so I warned her there was a smal chance something can go wrong. We'll see how this goes.

07-18-09 04:19 PM
    Way to go Dan. Messing up your co-workers phone. Can't trust anyone these days.

07-18-09 04:51 PM
    Sounds like a real pooch-screw. You might have wiped out all her BBM contacts, so even if you get it installed she may well have to re-add everyone.

Here's a thread with OTA links for BBM 5.0: Blackberry Messenger 5.0, get it while it's hot. - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    07-18-09 05:32 PM
    Sounds like a real pooch-screw. You might have wiped out all her BBM contacts, so even if you get it installed she may well have to re-add everyone.

Here's a thread with OTA links for BBM 5.0: Blackberry Messenger 5.0, get it while it's hot. - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    unless you did the smart thing and backed it all up first
    07-18-09 05:54 PM
    I kept getting the same errors...What I did was do a battery pull.. Then went straight to OTA link... Downloaded.... Installed, and pulled battery.... And bingo, it worked!

07-18-09 05:59 PM
    I eventually got it, basically deleted 4.7, then OTA'd 5.0, then put contacts back on through DM. thanks
    07-18-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD