Has anyone here purchased the Invisible Shield for the Tour? What do you think of the screen cover? I just received my full-body shield and applied it but I'm wondering if there would be a better option for the screen. Has anyone tried the Verizon display protectors? Are they any good?
    07-18-09 12:05 PM
    i had invisible shield on my storm and it was nice

i just put a phantomskinz on my tour screen and i like it 100x better than the invisible shield

its not as sticky or spongy and still has the same effect - not to mention you dont have to spread all that goo on your phone as it comes already spread on the skin itself
    07-18-09 12:15 PM
    I ordered the FULL BODY protection on the 12th, and it shipped the 13th.

Yeah, My SPRINT BB came (after all the delays and backorders) and I'm STILL waiting for the shield. -_- yeah. not cool.
    07-18-09 12:18 PM
    I bought a Zagg screen protector. I guess I got a deal cuz it was only $10 including installation. The rep advised me that it has lifetime warranty and we just need to bring it in for a new one after it starts falling off through wear and tear. I kept my reciept so 6 months from now...ill prolly bring it in.
    On a side note: I was somewhat regretting buying the protector because I am planning to get the Seidio 360 cover which already comes with a screen protecter. I didn't know at the time I purchased the Zagg protector that the Seidio comes with with a screen cover.
    07-18-09 12:26 PM
    The way to go really is the BSE, they'll be coming out later this week with their product for the Tour. Hopefully we won't all be scratched up before that though.
    07-18-09 12:27 PM
    I was going to buy the invisible shield, (bought them for almost every device I own) but to get the tour early I needed to buy 3 accessories, and the vzw screen protector/privacy filter was one of them. I actually kind of like it, its nice, clear, and smooth plus the privacy filter is pretty nice and handy. For now I think I'm going to stick with my vzw screen protector + vzw silicone case instead of the invisible shield.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:31 PM
    I went with bodyquardz. I had them on my last phone and was very satisfied. The 20% for return customers also helped sway my vote.
    07-18-09 12:35 PM
    i went with phantomskinz. like it much better than invisible shield. i have installed those on two ipods and have one for my zune that i have not even put on. they are a pain to put on. phantom skinz is much better, looks better, more coverage, feels better.

a side note, I have no idea what "goo" bauer41s4 is talking about. the shield spray is just water is a nice little mister.
    07-18-09 12:46 PM
    Has anyone here purchased the Invisible Shield for the Tour? What do you think of the screen cover? I just received my full-body shield and applied it but I'm wondering if there would be a better option for the screen. Has anyone tried the Verizon display protectors? Are they any good?

DO NOT get invisable sheild. I had that one my last storm and they suck! lots of orange peal, to much of a rubbery feel to it.

I went with phantomskinz for the Tour and there great!! No orange peal, and phantomskinz has a clear coat on there skins so there nice and smooth smooth feeling... LOVE EM
    07-18-09 12:48 PM
    I ordered the FULL BODY protection on the 12th, and it shipped the 13th.

Yeah, My SPRINT BB came (after all the delays and backorders) and I'm STILL waiting for the shield. -_- yeah. not cool.
    LOL; JUST got mines in the mail right now.

haha, yay!
    07-18-09 01:05 PM
    DO NOT get invisable sheild. I had that one my last storm and they suck! lots of orange peal, to much of a rubbery feel to it.

I went with phantomskinz for the Tour and there great!! No orange peal, and phantomskinz has a clear coat on there skins so there nice and smooth smooth feeling... LOVE EM
    I always used Invisible shields and always get that dimply hammered effect on the smooth surfaces even with no air bubbles under the skin. Will the phantomskinz be smooth?
    Do you have any pictures? Thank you.
    07-18-09 01:12 PM
    I always used Invisible shields and always get that dimply hammered effect on the smooth surfaces even with no air bubbles under the skin. Will the phantomskinz be smooth?
    Do you have any pictures? Thank you.
    with phantomskinz you do not get that hammered effect you were talking abour, no orange peal..ect.. I.S also seems to peal up to easily as well, no problem with that on phantomskinz. its also very smooth, like theres nothign even over the phone at all..

i dont have pictures, but there was a thread posted a few days ago from a guy with phantomskinz on his tour... you could probably find that by typing that in a search, but they come out outstanding.. invisable sheild is garbage compared to phantomskinz
    07-18-09 01:15 PM
    So those that have installed the phantom skinz, do you have any advice or tips? I was planning on using the video as my directions...
    07-18-09 01:16 PM
    So those that have installed the phantom skinz, do you have any advice or tips? I was planning on using the video as my directions...
    yes, TAKE UR TIME. do not get any water inside the trackball
    07-18-09 01:18 PM
    Alright, so I just put mines on yesterday.. I like it.. the only thing I DON'T like about it is that the battery cover is completely NOT for the Tour, I don't know which cover they were basing their design off of, but it does not fit.. I had to do a whole lot of cutting.. and even with the cutting it looks like I put tape on it.. but the Front and sides I love

*and there is no protection for the bottom strip of gray in the back of the Tour.

That's my experience. Still have some 'lint' underneath the screen but whatev I'll get accustomed to it. All in all.. at least my BB won't get scratched :/
    07-19-09 10:00 PM
    Thanks for all of your replies! I placed an order for Phantomskinz because that seems to be the most recommended here. What a mistake it was to get the Invisible Shield - it's been 2 days and I already have a load of dust catching at a lot of the corners, plus I don't like the rubbery feel. I can't wait till my phantomskinz comes in!
    07-19-09 10:13 PM
    There is for the bottom. It's inside the U for the back. Two pieces, 1 short, 1 longer.
    07-19-09 10:21 PM
    There is for the bottom. It's inside the U for the back. Two pieces, 1 short, 1 longer.
    Nope, not where the little hole is to speak through.. no protection for that part. And the corner where the speaker is.. it keeps coming off!!!!!!!!
    07-20-09 11:04 AM
    I got the one for the tour, and wish I had gone with Phantom Skinz instead. It isn't like the Ipod ones I like so much - it came in a million little pieces and it just feels odd holding it, not smooth or natural at all. All in all I give ZAGG a thumbs down on this particular invisible shield implementation.
    07-20-09 11:17 AM
    yeah Invisable sheild is garbage compared to phantomskins. Invisable sheild has always had horrable orange peal in there finish and the rubbery feeling of there skin is really bad, not smooth at all, plus invisable sheild peals up way to easily due to lint and dust on the edges... I rate invisable sheild 1 out of 10
    07-20-09 11:19 AM
    Alright, so I just put mines on yesterday.. I like it.. the only thing I DON'T like about it is that the battery cover is completely NOT for the Tour, I don't know which cover they were basing their design off of, but it does not fit.. I had to do a whole lot of cutting.. and even with the cutting it looks like I put tape on it.. but the Front and sides I love

*and there is no protection for the bottom strip of gray in the back of the Tour.

That's my experience. Still have some 'lint' underneath the screen but whatev I'll get accustomed to it. All in all.. at least my BB won't get scratched :/
    All that protection is there, just not for the carbon fiber looking piece itself.
    07-20-09 11:24 AM
    All that protection is there, just not for the carbon fiber looking piece itself.
    Is that where the hole to speak is? Because that's where I DONT have protection..

Also, what does the middle of your battery cover look like?! Mines looks horrible.. the cut out does not match the inside of the battery cover WHATSOEVER!
    07-20-09 11:38 AM
    Does the rubber on the back really need protecting at all? I mean it is rubberized after all.
    07-20-09 11:38 AM
    ^ LOL, no. But I was just curious to know, since mines didn't come with a protective piece, thought maybe I didn't install it right.
    07-20-09 11:40 AM
    Is that where the hole to speak is? Because that's where I DONT have protection..

Also, what does the middle of your battery cover look like?! Mines looks horrible.. the cut out does not match the inside of the battery cover WHATSOEVER!
    It doesn't have any protetion for the carbon fiber piece of the battery.

I really liked the Invisible Shield on my iPod, but the Tour version frankly sucks.
    07-20-09 11:40 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD