Does anyone know if I need to purchase anything other than a SD card to download movies to my pearl.
    03-15-07 02:00 PM
    ...yet, but I doubt it. We bought 1GB cards for all the partners here. But, yet to watch a video...
    03-15-07 02:28 PM
    That should be all you need. Just make sure the movies are in the right format for the Pearl, and then you should be good to go.
    03-16-07 10:11 AM
    I've been having trouble loading video's onto my Pearl. Is there anyone the that can tell exactly what I need to do to get them up loaded, and what format the phone supports? And now that that I think about it where is the best blace to download the video files from?
    03-16-07 10:59 AM
    Take a look at this thread for a free video converter:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/video-8800-a-175/

As far as a site to download videos, those are few and far between due to copyright laws. You mostly have to make your own.
    03-16-07 04:11 PM
    Thanks alot, I got my videos up and running. The converter works like a charm
    03-17-07 01:12 AM
    Great. Glad to hear you got it working!
    03-17-07 05:40 AM
    I bought a 2G card for my BB but have yet to upload videos on it. I use my Ipod but would rather upload some videos into the BB since I carry it with me all the time.

Anthony
    Houston,Tx
    03-19-07 11:29 AM
    It works great. I finally figured out what I was doing and have put a couple DVD's on my 8800. Now I just need to get a 2GB card.
    03-20-07 11:09 PM
    I can't seem to get it to download to my pearl. Help!
    03-21-07 12:28 PM
    What format should the video be in, to play on the Pearl? Why should I need a converter?

I've copied .mov, wma, and other video files, no work. I was expecting it to work WITHOUT any additional software. Am I missing somthing?
    03-21-07 01:17 PM
    What format should the video be in, to play on the Pearl? Why should I need a converter?

I've copied .mov, wma, and other video files, no work. I was expecting it to work WITHOUT any additional software. Am I missing somthing?
    You will have to convert them to the Blackberry format. You can just use the software I've written to convert almost all un-encrypted videos types. Encrytped videos, like commercial DVD's and ITunes fodder will need to be decrypted. DVD's can be decrytped with various software products but as far as I know ITunes items must be burned and then re-ripped (bummer).

You can also download videos from my site pre-converted. I have ~ 60 movies, cartoons, and short films on there. All creative commons and all totally legal.

Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter -Blackberry Video Converter Homepage
    Seabyrd Technologies - Download movies for your Blackberry -Pre-converted movies
    Seabyrd Technologies - Downloads -Download the software to convert your own

B
    03-21-07 10:09 PM
    Use the Blackberry Video Converter, it is great and extremely simple to use. Just make sure if you change the default name of a video, to add .avi to the end of it again. That was causing me a real headache.
    03-22-07 12:55 AM
    ...tonight, I'll be all over it! Darn it, I can't get any work done, busy doing 'important' things like getting videos, etc, etc...
    03-22-07 04:38 AM
    When ever I use the blackberry video converter, to convert the movie "heat.avi "file and then transfer to my videos file on my pearl, when i go to watch it i get a never ending green loading screen or error message sometimes. What am I doing wrong?
    04-02-07 12:10 AM
    If the movie is encrypted, you'll have to decrypt it first. I use a program called AnyDVD to decrpyt my movies.

SlySoft AnyDVD | any dvd, region free, dvd copy, copy dvd movies, dvd decoder, dvd ripper, macrovision, dvd copying software
    04-02-07 12:43 AM
    ok the avi movie would not work for some reason? but when i did some dave chappelle show episodes it worked out fine. How can you make the screen size bigger?
    04-02-07 02:36 PM
    If you are using the above video converter, you can adjust some of the settings like aspect ratio, but the Pearl and the 8800 do not have the ability to play complete full screen.
    04-02-07 02:49 PM
    What are the acceptable video formats for the Pearl? Does it do DivX or xVid?

Will
    04-02-07 04:42 PM
    What are the acceptable video formats for the Pearl? Does it do DivX or xVid?

Will
    Just posted this to help all users:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/supp...00-8800-a-518/
    04-02-07 06:28 PM
    Anybody else suffer from lag when playing video? Perhaps I'm using too high a bitrate... but it takes about 10 seconds (or more) for say... a button click to register.

Any likewise issues with anyone?
    04-03-07 02:07 PM
    playing videos works better with 2gb card, as it has more storage for the phone to suffle back and forth .
    04-06-07 01:08 AM
    Do you have a version of your video converter for a mac user?
    04-14-07 10:26 PM
    Seabyrd Technologies has officially released version 1.13.07 of the Blackberry Video Converter. We have submitted it to Snapfiles, Handango, and Download.com and it should be available there over the next few days. In the meantime, you may download it from our website: Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter

If you had not subscribed to the newsletter, the announcement is available at our website.

Seabyrd Technologies - Announcement

New features include:
    � 8800 support
    � File manager
    � Help file
    � Ability to specify default device, input and output directories, & colors
    � Debugging options made very easy
    � Increased DVD support
    � Subtitles (beta)
    04-19-07 12:53 AM
    Hello Mr. Bacon, I downloaded and converted a DVD successfully ONCE! then hence afterwards the program continued to reject DVD's stating that file cannot be opened. HELP please, I love what it did for the 1st DVD which I may say worked flawlessly the 1st time then just quit.
    05-09-08 01:47 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD