ive tried ota download failed so i tried it throught dm and it wont do it some error pops up am i doin anything wrong im following these instructions someone please help!!!!

How to install new Blackberry Messenger using DM...includes pics, 5 min process - BlackberryOS.com
    07-18-09 10:17 AM
    well just bricked my phone so if anyone knows how to get bbm 5.0 and im doin something wrong please let me know thanks
    07-18-09 10:47 AM
    That was the process i used and it worked for me.
    07-18-09 10:55 AM
    ive tried ota download failed so i tried it throught dm and it wont do it some error pops up am i doin anything wrong im following these instructions someone please help!!!!

How to install new Blackberry Messenger using DM...includes pics, 5 min process - BlackberryOS.com
    I just fallowed the same instructions and it worked, in case you bricked you storm look at my sig
    07-18-09 11:00 AM
    i didn't read the process, but here is what i did...very simple:

1. download the zip file
    2. extract the zip file somewhere other than ur os folder
    3. open os java folder, cut or copy all files other than .alx file into java folder
    4. go back to os folder (where most .alx files are) and put the .alx new bbm file there

If you have the old bbm in your os folder it will prompt you to overwrite...do this for all files.

5. run loader.exe from, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Hope this helps...i streamlined the instructions, if you have any questions let me know.
    07-18-09 11:06 AM
    i didn't read the process, but here is what i did...very simple:

1. download the zip file
    2. extract the zip file somewhere other than ur os folder
    3. open os java folder, cut or copy all files other than .alx file into java folder
    4. go back to os folder (where most .alx files are) and put the .alx new bbm file there

If you have the old bbm in your os folder it will prompt you to overwrite...do this for all files.

5. run loader.exe from, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Hope this helps...i streamlined the instructions, if you have any questions let me know.
    PM me you pin number, I can send you the OTA link.
    07-18-09 11:09 AM
    PM me you pin number, I can send you the OTA link.

i was just helping out livetodrag...i have it installed already.
    07-18-09 11:11 AM
    or you can go to StormOTA and find the ota link there for all blackberry devices
    07-18-09 11:17 AM
    got the issue solved guys thanks. the ota link worked. thAnks for all the help though
    07-18-09 11:21 AM
    got the issue solved guys thanks. the ota link worked. thAnks for all the help though
    welcome

10 char
    07-18-09 11:27 AM
    does anyone have an updated OTA link that works?
    07-18-09 04:19 PM
    does anyone have an updated OTA link that works?
    http://www.stormota.com/download.php?appID=296
    07-18-09 07:50 PM
    Has anyone used this link. I thought the real leak was suppost to say rim in the vendor field.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 08:49 PM
    Has anyone used this link. I thought the real leak was suppost to say rim in the vendor field.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    u can easily change the vendor name...
    07-18-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD