yesterday my screen started acting up, couldn't access or highlight certain apps. ok done this once or twice before, did a battery pull to reset. when it was resetting and it was on the white screen noticed the screen appeared to look wet underneath, as if water had gotten under the glass. it was a dark gray and was slowly starting to work its way, bleeding towards the rest of the bright white and cover it up. well now its morning its almost covered my whole screen and vzw dosent open up until 10:00 am and i'm afraid by the time i go in it will have bleed over all the bright white. i snapped a couple pics anyone else have anything crazy like this happen?

-josh

07-18-09 10:16 AM
    please write back ,about what verizon said on this.
    07-18-09 10:28 AM
    That's wither water in the screen or the LCD cracked and is leaking (I don't think it's this because you can't see any cracks).

Make sure you don't have some moisture trapped under your screen protector or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 11:06 AM
    Stupid question, but you're not using a screen protector are you? Because it looks like air bubbles in between the protector and the screen.
    07-18-09 11:47 AM
    My storm has had spots like that since day one. Just not as bad as yours. I thought about sending it back. Had it since february. And I have no screen protector on mine.

07-18-09 01:12 PM
    Make sure your Water stickers are all good.

Btw nice pre runner
    07-18-09 01:14 PM
    ok well went to verizon and they were going to replace it for me. but since i took my sisters ne2 (different account) the phone has been swapped, so i loose the manf. warranty. they were going to charge me $50, but right now since i got bumped down to part time barely working 20 hours things are tight. i can still see the screen. its not bubbles ive had the protector for a coulple months now, its not water its actually spreading and its below the txt kinda weird. started in the far upper corner and is spreading. infact now the whole screen is almost the darker gray color now and the bright white is almost all gone

-josh
    07-18-09 06:15 PM
    yesterday my screen started acting up, couldn't access or highlight certain apps. ok done this once or twice before, did a battery pull to reset. when it was resetting and it was on the white screen noticed the screen appeared to look wet underneath, as if water had gotten under the glass. it was a dark gray and was slowly starting to work its way, bleeding towards the rest of the bright white and cover it up. well now its morning its almost covered my whole screen and vzw dosent open up until 10:00 am and i'm afraid by the time i go in it will have bleed over all the bright white. i snapped a couple pics anyone else have anything crazy like this happen?

-josh

same thing happened to me. it was completely random. i woke up, did a battery pull (i didnt see it cause it hard to see it on a dark background). i got a text and noticed it. i was quite pissed cause i was still on my first storm since launch and it worked great. the screen within a day got progressively worse.
    i went to verizon store and asked if i could do a swap. they said yeah and now i have a new storm.
    07-18-09 06:38 PM
    Sorry to hear they're giving you trouble with the warranty. I bought my Storm off craigslist and they still honored my warranty and they weren't sure where it came from. I told them it was a birthday gift. They said that since it came out in November there's no way its over a year old so they still gave me a warranty replacement. Try calling in and speaking to a supervisor or something. That's what I did.

07-18-09 06:42 PM
    ok well went to verizon and they were going to replace it for me. but since i took my sisters ne2 (different account) the phone has been swapped, so i loose the manf. warranty. they were going to charge me $50, but right now since i got bumped down to part time barely working 20 hours things are tight. i can still see the screen. its not bubbles ive had the protector for a coulple months now, its not water its actually spreading and its below the txt kinda weird. started in the far upper corner and is spreading. infact now the whole screen is almost the darker gray color now and the bright white is almost all gone

-josh
    The phone has a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. The're no need to pay $50 if the failure is not the fault of you. If the phone doesn't show signs of abuse, they need to just swap it out. You may have better luck if you just call 611 from your phone and speak to a CS rep. Tell them you have a crappy display and need a replacement. Having to pay $50 for something that could be a failure is BS... I wish more of you would know what your rights are when you walk into a store.
    07-18-09 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD