So I have had my tour for a few days (first BB). I put it on the charger last night and when i took it off in the morning the screen had horizontal lines scrolling through the background!! (almost like static mixed in too) If I went into email the white background did not have the lines but the little signal meter had them where there was missing bars!! I did a battery pull and was still there. It did go away a few minutes after battery pull.

Anyone else had this happen? what should I do? I did order online so if i have to swap it out can that be done in store?

UPDATE: So after another 5-10minutes the lines came back! They seem to come and go now

Looks like attached picture (not my phone but lines look same)
    Last edited by LoST57; 07-18-09 at 09:47 AM. Reason: update
    07-18-09 08:34 AM
    Sorry to hear about that man, I would be devastated, you can contact Verizon's Field Replacement Unit department at 1-866-406-5154, they'll mail a phone out to you, but I would go to a corporate store if you have one nearby, they should swap it out for you on the spot.
    07-18-09 10:02 AM
    Sorry to hear about that man, I would be devastated, you can contact Verizon's Field Replacement Unit department at 1-866-406-5154, they'll mail a phone out to you, but I would go to a corporate store if you have one nearby, they should swap it out for you on the spot.
    Thanks, I guess I will go swap it out, there is one very close, thought i lucked out, no battery door issue or any others and then this!

I can just backup current unit then load everything back on new one correct?
    07-18-09 10:05 AM
    Yeah definitely backup so you dont have to do your settings over and such. My battery door has a little shimmy to it, just folded over scotch tape and put it on, it still moves a bit, but it doesn't click when it slides now so I don't notice. The phone is way too incredible to complain about the battery door.
    07-18-09 10:10 AM
    **** yeah! Back that thing up, take it to the store and tell them you want a new one. They'll switch it out for you. My VZW rep (the usual one I got to) hooked me up and even swapped ALL my stuff when I got my Tour (did a device switch wizard)
    07-18-09 10:24 AM
    One time I had a line show up in a picture I took, but that's the closest. Good luck getting this taken care of, hope it works out for you.
    07-18-09 10:26 AM
    Just an update. Brought it to store and they swapped it out with no problem. Haven't seen the lines on the new one (couple hours).
    07-23-09 11:18 AM
    Edit nvm I read the caption about the picture.. Hmmm yeah that's a return for sure
    07-23-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD