What is it? Never got one before but last might I got 2 for my BB and 1 on the GF's Bold. This is the email:

Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team
    ---e---44#GFlrPwD73D69ksDIhG4UV885O+pMPMDmfwGksqSJneo=

Chris
    07-18-09 07:48 AM
    It's just an automated message for the wireless sync feature of BBM 5.0. Most don't see these types of messages since the device reads and deletes them quickly. The purpose of this specific email is to check that the email address is on your device (links with your pin). If you go to the "Edit My Info" section of BBM 5.0 you should see at the very bottom one of your email addresses is set as the default.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:15 PM
    Yeah the email was deleted from the phone but it was left on my email server and I saw it when i opened Outlook. I did see that it had email at the bottom in 5.0 but didnt think about it linking the 2. Basically just trying to make sure it was a legit email!
    Chris
    07-18-09 08:47 PM
    I got it too. Wasn't really sure what the deal was with that.
    07-18-09 08:50 PM
    Ah, so that explains it. I was worried that somehow RIM was going to be pissed we're all using the leaked version of BBM. Love the new barcode system.
    07-18-09 09:07 PM
    what i don't understand is , i have my gmail account linked to my BB , why doesn't the email goto my BB and only goes to my computer address? My Gmail is not my default email on my BB i use my BB email addy for default, but still i receive all other emails that goto my gmail account on my BB . strange
    07-27-09 01:15 AM
    All my messages were caught in SPAM traps, so what does that do for them/
    10-01-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD