I clip to my right side, when I get into the Drivers side of a car, no problem as my leg bends very little at the hip, when I get into the passenger side (VERY seldom) my hip bends in a way that breaks the spring hinge. This happened to me this weekend, for the first time with the 8830. I went through no less than 5 of my old 7250 clips during its year and a half on my right hip.
    03-31-08 10:43 AM
    HAHA the same thing happened to me in the EXACT same scenario. Was driving and when I tried to get out of the car, the clip just bent and broke clip with spring! (LOL) I bought another OEM holster but rarely use it, now I just use the OEM silicon/rubber case.
    03-31-08 07:25 PM
    i broke TWO doing the exact same thing
    03-31-08 07:48 PM
    That is how I broke mine. I just ordered the side pouch from CB for like 20 bucks. No swivel so hopefully it will last.
    03-31-08 07:52 PM
    I'm left-handed - keep it on my left side - broke mine getting in the driver's side.
    03-31-08 08:03 PM
    i haven't broken one yet lol
    03-31-08 08:04 PM
    I still have mine, i actually dont use the OEM Faux leather one.
    03-31-08 08:16 PM
    i haven't broken one yet lol
    X2, I still got going on 4 months now. Don't think I could do without my Holster, I feel much more comfortable with my BB on my hip, kinda like having my six shooter on my hip.
    03-31-08 11:39 PM
    broke it from dancing in the club. tried to breakdance but failed haha
    04-01-08 12:42 AM
    Broke mine sitting down in a chair with arms on it. Caught it on the arm and it snaped right off.
    04-01-08 03:12 AM
    i broke mine and removed the megnetic flap. Just find it so much easier to keep it in my pocket. I have a skin hated it, just tough to get the thing in and out when you want to. The case is great plus it give lots of potection to the BB...
    04-01-08 09:38 AM
    exact same issue ... i crazy glued mine back on .... about 5 timeesss
    04-10-08 10:52 PM
    Mine came from Sprint broke. enough said.
    04-10-08 11:10 PM
    broke mine when getting into the back seat of a van. Got it caught on the arm rest and then it fell out the door and hit the street. We were on the strip in Las Vegas.

my 8830 was still in the case and protected....thank god. It scared the crap out of me.
    04-10-08 11:30 PM
    I purposely pulled mine off, cut the strap, and use it as a pocket sleeve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 05:42 PM
    Same thing happened to me... getting into the passenger side of the car... the only problem was i was stepping over about an inch and a half of salt water from melting snow/road salt... bye bye 7520... RIP
    04-12-08 10:23 AM
    I've broken many clips like that for various phones I have had. Lost my Dash due to this. I bought one for my BB, but rarely use it. When I do, I position it closer to my backside so that it is not flexed when I sit down.
    04-12-08 10:45 AM
    broke mine today (second day of owning phone), walked out of door, the clip caught the side of the door, and it busted.. yay
    04-13-08 09:16 AM
    sat down in the car. POP goes the weasel
    04-13-08 09:35 AM
    Anyone have a busted one they can send me? I prefer it with the clip broken off, as I usually just keep it in my pocket. I lost my original one though. I like the OEM style, I just hate to go buy a new one and break the clip off so it fits in my pocket better.
    04-13-08 10:32 AM
    I clip to my right side, when I get into the Drivers side of a car, no problem as my leg bends very little at the hip, when I get into the passenger side (VERY seldom) my hip bends in a way that breaks the spring hinge. This happened to me this weekend, for the first time with the 8830. I went through no less than 5 of my old 7250 clips during its year and a half on my right hip.
    Aww man this has happened to me so many times with other clips! Especially plastic ones!
    04-13-08 01:22 PM
    broke mine today (second day of owning phone), walked out of door, the clip caught the side of the door, and it busted.. yay
    Hey, you beat me. Got my 8830 Saturday afternoon, got into the car after lunch, sat down and SNAP. I've gone thru a crapload of various clips for phones. The case is nice, but the extremely cheap clip joint (get it ) is the weakest link (oooh, another pun ).

Going to have to order a case that doesn't have a breakable clip. Don't care if it doesn't rotate.
    04-17-08 02:18 PM
    I didn't but my co-worker did and it justified my work expense of a seideo hybrid case and holster....gave him my old VZ OEM case ...which he loves and I know is a piece of crap because I read the forums. I just need to find a way to expense a hundred dollar blueant Z9 and...I'll be all set.
    04-17-08 11:47 PM
    I'm afraid to reply with the "i haven't broken mine yet" my luck it will break as soon as I do - oh well - here goes - POST
    04-19-08 12:00 PM
    Hah! Just ordered my third yesterday! I always take it off before getting into my car. I have a little pocket for it that sticks up between the seats.

I've snagged it on the seat belt getting out of someone else's car and ripped the clip off, and this last time I sat down for a presentation and caught it on the edge of the table. SNAP. I was on travel, to boot! I looked at the Seidio rubberized holster/case combo, but it seems like it would be a hassle to do a battery pull, and at about 9 bucks a pop on Amazon, 3 OEM holsters still costs less.

I love the OEM holster, but for my own clumsiness. I'd like to see an all-steel clip and hinge, though. I haven't found another pouch holster with ratcheting clip and sleeper function that I like.
    04-19-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD